Why Sangakkara is the best cricketer from the Asian subcontinent the game has ever seen

i still remember how he sgtruggled in IPL .. got embarassed and dropped himself :P
His IPL career is finished :winky:
“He carried a Dubai number which he sneaked in to the dressing room. After the toss, he would lock himself in the loo for some time. And when we played, he did weird things, nothing we had agreed upon. The coach would go crazy but we couldn’t do anythingâ€. My jaw had dropped when I heard these words. The protagonist of this story was a senior international cricketer who had been the captain of this franchise, having now moved elsewhere
Coming back to the story of the captain who used the Dubai number in the loo. He’s still around, still playing all forms of the game and with a lot of distinction.
http://www.khelnama.com/130516/cricket/features/ipl-and-fixing-one-time-insiders-account/9144
Sachin Tendulkar Averages 53.88. means Kumar Sangakkara scores 3 runs more than Sachin every time he walks in to the middle , purely as a batsman he scores 14 runs more than Tendulkar every time he walks in to the middle . When Sanga’s 151 wicket keeping dismissals in 90 test innings takes in to consideration can anyone in this world tell sachin is better than sanga ???
well , 1.sachin's average was 56 when he reached 11000 runs 2. sachin has taken 115 catches + 46 wickets
Sanga averages almost 70 when playing as batsman and that is not just great but it is phenomenal achievement. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/50710.html?class=1;filter=advanced;keeper=0;orderby=default;template=results;type=allround There is no telling how many more runs he would have scored if had not kept wickets for those 48 matches.
wicket keeping cannot be an excuse for low averages.I'll give you an example AB devilliers' averages not as wicket keeper -50 As wicket keeper -57
wicket keeping cannot be an excuse for low averages.I'll give you an example AB devilliers' averages not as wicket keeper -50 As wicket keeper -57
AB has kept just 18 tests, let him reach 40 plus tests and then we will see what wicket keeping does to his batting. Keeping especially in subcontinent and batting no3 is a very big deal and Sanga did very well in that role too, SL did right thing by taking his gloves away.
Rubbish article and obviously written by some Sri Lankan. :rofl:He is not even close to the class of Kohli let alone Sachin' date= Dravid or Gavaskar. His match winning innings are few and far between and doesn't have ability to dominate the opposition other than Bangladesh. Scoring tons of runs on flat tracks like SSC doesn't mean anything.
:bumsmack::finger: