Who do you want as captain. Kohli or Dhoni?

Who do you want as captain. Kohli or Dhoni?  

1. 1.

The whole argument about "World cup is 1 year away, so don't change anything" is so nonsensical it's hilarious. Let's see ... We have continuously lost away from home for the past 3 years, with the exception of the CT, which was played on tracks that a) were very un-English and b) will be different to what we will see in Australia. And we actually think that keeping things the same will result in us winning the World Cup in 1 year? Can someone who thinks that actually explain to me how India will win the world cup. This is the same batting line up that struggled against Neil Wagner. What do you think is going to happen when we face Mitchell Johnson? This is the same bowling line up that couldn't get Brendon McCullum or BJ Watling out. How do we think we are going to stop David Warner or Michael Clarke? If you honestly believe that Kohli shouldn't be captain because you do not rate his captaincy ability then that is a different story, but one thing is for certain, Dhoni right now has next to no chance of leading us to a World Cup victory in Australia
exactly

3-0 in england 2011,3-1 vs aus 2012,2-0 in saf,4-0 in nzl .total 12 losses 1 win. looking at how dhoni captained in the last few away tours in odis,we might well get knocked out in the GS in wc 2015..the pitches we got in CT were completely opposite to what we'll get in the wc

India usually punch above their weight in big tournaments. They seem to handle pressure better that many other teams like South Africa' date=' Sri lanka, England, Pakistan etc, so I would not rule them out of WC 15.[/quote'] On the other hand, they usually alternate between 2 WC performances. 1992, they were out early. 96 they went to semis. 99 they were out early, 2003 they reached finals. 2007 they were out in the group stages, 2011 they won.

I am not too impressed with Dhoni or Kohli's team selection. Somehow I get a feeling of some kind of team politics .... May be start out with Pujara as captain in tests, where he is a regular and arguably Ind best test batsman potentially atm. Based up on how he performs, he can captain in other formats Somehow, I get a feeling that Dhoni might strike back with some good wins in the T20 WC, and all will be forgotten with fans :cheers: .... Then we will go to Eng and all the talk of a new captain might start again and by that time the WC will be knocking at the door

India usually punch above their weight in big tournaments. They seem to handle pressure better that many other teams like South Africa' date=' Sri lanka, England, Pakistan etc, so I would not rule them out of WC 15.[/quote'] Well they have won 2 world cups and 1 champions trophy in the nearly 40 years of world ODI tournaments. That's a good record but hardly a stellar record that screams big game players. Australia on the other hand have won 4 world cups (including going through 2 undefeated) and 2 champions trophies. Plus, right now compared to India, they have: * Better batsmen * Better bowlers * Better fielders * A better captain And they are in better form. Other than that, India have the advantage.

The main reason why I want Kohli to captain the side he seems to be someone who seems proactive actually gives a **** about the result. I mean look at his celebrations vs Pakistan. It may look bad on TV but it was good to see that we have a player who hates to lose. Dhoni after losing the test and ODI series in NZ said we played well. I mean wtf!!!

The main reason why I want Kohli to captain the side he seems to be someone who seems proactive actually gives a **** about the result. I mean look at his celebrations vs Pakistan. It may look bad on TV but it was good to see that we have a player who hates to lose. Dhoni after losing the test and ODI series in NZ said we played well. I mean wtf!!!
Kohli also said that his players fought well and hes proud of them.after Pak match and after last match
Well they have won 2 world cups and 1 champions trophy in the nearly 40 years of world ODI tournaments. That's a good record but hardly a stellar record that screams big game players. Australia on the other hand have won 4 world cups (including going through 2 undefeated) and 2 champions trophies. Plus, right now compared to India, they have: * Better batsmen * Better bowlers * Better fielders * A better captain And they are in better form. Other than that, India have the advantage.
Only Australia and India have won two WC. India's record in the WC is better than their overall ODI record. Except 2007 and the early editions of the WC dominated by WI, I have rarely seen India going down without a fight. The pressure of playing such a prestigeous tournament kind of neutralizes the skill levels of various teams, and brings mental strength as a key factor. Teams like SL, SA, Pak and Eng lack mental strength and have often lost important knockout matches - so India would be competing with lesser teams for the title. Australia are the favourites, no doubt. India also have a chance.
Which they did! They showed a lot of character on the field defending 245.
Why were we defending 245?Why didnt he point out poor batting and give Pujara a go? by that logic,we fought well against NZ in NZ too.in the test we lost we came close to chasing the scores,weren't we?
The whole argument about "World cup is 1 year away, so don't change anything" is so nonsensical it's hilarious. Let's see ... We have continuously lost away from home for the past 3 years, with the exception of the CT, which was played on tracks that a) were very un-English and b) will be different to what we will see in Australia. And we actually think that keeping things the same will result in us winning the World Cup in 1 year? Can someone who thinks that actually explain to me how India will win the world cup. This is the same batting line up that struggled against Neil Wagner. What do you think is going to happen when we face Mitchell Johnson? This is the same bowling line up that couldn't get Brendon McCullum or BJ Watling out. How do we think we are going to stop David Warner or Michael Clarke? If you honestly believe that Kohli shouldn't be captain because you do not rate his captaincy ability then that is a different story, but one thing is for certain, Dhoni right now has next to no chance of leading us to a World Cup victory in Australia
Good points, but I don’t think they paint the complete picture. With one of the most blunt pace attacks among all premier teams, it would be a surprise if we won even a lemon and spoon race outside India, let alone limited overs internationals. For the record, I absolutely do not think our struggles outside India are a result of bad captaincy; they have their root causes in personnel we put on the field Apart from Kohli, MSD, Jadeja (and maybe to an extent Dhawan) every other player we have field has been inconsistent at best. Did you see our middle order for the Asia cup? Rahane, Karthik and Rayudu? For Pee’s sake! The less said about our bowling attack, the better. Long story short – replacing MSD as captain of the ODI unit before the world cup is going make zero positive difference to our chances. On the other hand, it can hurt the overall chemistry within the team and set us back by even more. Just look at every single world cup winning team since the 70s and how often do you see a young, inexperienced captain holding the trophy? Besides, just from a purely selfish point of view, I don’t want Virat Kohli to subject to the pressures of world cup captaincy so soon. It is simply too much load for one guy to carry and could potentially break his batting. In ODIs, we should let Kohli do what Kohli does best – score tons and tons of runs. The guy’s in the middle of an unbelievable patch of batting form. Putting the captaincy burden on his shoulder for such a high profile tournament may result in us losing our best batsmen and that means we are even more screwed.

What are the reasons for these inconsistencies and when team is performing so bad but why are the same eleven playing every match, is this captain or coach who is making these ridiculous decisions. Dhoni's captaincy is totally flawed but team could have lived with it but for his team selections, the same set of non performers are playing every match and did those people influence the decision making of Kohli too. In Zim everybody got a chance but in Asia cup no new guys get a chance.who is behind these decisions was it Kohli or was it Dhoni and his people. Why is Rahane all of sudden opening the innings.If he wanted to open the innings from the beginning why was he playing in middle order in tests . If Rahane just wants to open in odis but be in middle order for test matches should he allowed to do so over Pujara. In what way Rahane is better than Pujara in odis.

Why were we defending 245?Why didnt he point out poor batting and give Pujara a go? by that logic,we fought well against NZ in NZ too.in the test we lost we came close to chasing the scores,weren't we?
He was obviously talking about the fighting spirit they showed on the field. The difference is Dhoni's everlasting "cool" attitude and the apathy he has been displaying for 3 years. Kohli just captained for 4 matches. Give him a break! I obviously don't agree with his (or team management's) decision of not playing Pujara.
What are the reasons for these inconsistencies and when team is performing so bad but why are the same eleven playing every match, is this captain or coach who is making these ridiculous decisions. Dhoni's captaincy is totally flawed but team could have lived with it but for his team selections, the same set of non performers are playing every match and did those people influence the decision making of Kohli too. In Zim everybody got a chance but in Asia cup no new guys get a chance.who is behind these decisions was it Kohli or was it Dhoni and his people. Why is Rahane all of sudden opening the innings.If he wanted to open the innings from the beginning why was he playing in middle order in tests . If Rahane just wants to open in odis but be in middle order for test matches should he allowed to do so over Pujara. In what way Rahane is better than Pujara in odis.
Seems u missed the team management explanation of wanting to continue with the players who will play T20 WC.
Good points, but I don’t think they paint the complete picture. With one of the most blunt pace attacks among all premier teams, it would be a surprise if we won even a lemon and spoon race outside India, let alone limited overs internationals. For the record, I absolutely do not think our struggles outside India are a result of bad captaincy; they have their root causes in personnel we put on the field Apart from Kohli, MSD, Jadeja (and maybe to an extent Dhawan) every other player we have field has been inconsistent at best. Did you see our middle order for the Asia cup? Rahane, Karthik and Rayudu? For Pee’s sake! The less said about our bowling attack, the better. Long story short – replacing MSD as captain of the ODI unit before the world cup is going make zero positive difference to our chances. On the other hand, it can hurt the overall chemistry within the team and set us back by even more. Just look at every single world cup winning team since the 70s and how often do you see a young, inexperienced captain holding the trophy? Besides, just from a purely selfish point of view, I don’t want Virat Kohli to subject to the pressures of world cup captaincy so soon. It is simply too much load for one guy to carry and could potentially break his batting. In ODIs, we should let Kohli do what Kohli does best – score tons and tons of runs. The guy’s in the middle of an unbelievable patch of batting form. Putting the captaincy burden on his shoulder for such a high profile tournament may result in us losing our best batsmen and that means we are even more screwed.
No offence but you are seriously out of touch with cricket at the moment. You say nothing to do with captain, its personnel. Well gues who puts the personeel out there and have a guess what the agendas are for putting them out there. Dhoni is poor skipper, you clearly are not watching matches anymore otherwise you would not say above
He was obviously talking about the fighting spirit they showed on the field. The difference is Dhoni's everlasting "cool" attitude and the apathy he has been displaying for 3 years. Kohli just captained for 4 matches. Give him a break! I obviously don't agree with his (or team management's) decision of not playing Pujara.
I'm not saying Kohli's bad,but hes same as Dhoni in this regard.no he never mentioned just the bowlers.He was talking of whole team,said it even after Afg match Just because Kohli jumps up and down after every wicket and Dhoni doesnt show any emotion,its wrong to assume that Kohli 'cares' more than Dhoni
I'm not saying Kohli's bad' date=but hes same as Dhoni in this regard.no he never mentioned just the bowlers.He was talking of whole team,said it even after Afg match Just because Kohli jumps up and down after every wicket and Dhoni doesnt show any emotion,its wrong to assume that Kohli 'cares' more than Dhoni
Dono baatein mujhe contradictory lagi :confused:
I'm not saying Kohli's bad,but hes same as Dhoni in this regard.no he never mentioned just the bowlers.He was talking of whole team,said it even after Afg match Just because Kohli jumps up and down after every wicket and Dhoni doesnt show any emotion,its wrong to assume that Kohli 'cares' more than Dhoni
Yes dhoni shows zero emotion and also remains a mute. Who cares wether dhobi cares inside or not. This outer face breeds not bothered attitude to all the other players Also you seriously going to judge kohli as skipper over a few games as stand in? You can only judge after a few series to see what players he gets and what is attitude of team on pitch. Kohli was constantly talking to bowlers and players, taking opinions and giving his orders as well