The whole Dravid thing

Holysmoke

Dude, go to cricinfo, dravid profile page, statguru ODI. etc.. limit to last 10 games. Thats what I did, dont know from where you're getting stats. I completely understand your point,but there has been lot of stuff going around in the media.. about oldies and youngsters, etc. With that, there has been crazy amount of pressure on the selectors, players, etc. After that, all the players and the selectors and everyone concerned has been talking about performance being the yardstick. Dravid didnt perform, and he should be out. I'm not saying he should be the only one out. I know Dravid isnt the kind of guy who needs a kick up his a$$. But a precedent has been set, and now anyone not performing will be out.

The confusion is that Holysmoke is talking about the last 10 matches (9 innings) and Online is talking about the last 10 innings. FWIW, I am in favor of dropping and phasing out Tendulkar, Dravid, and Ganguly from ODIs over the next year or so but to do it in such a braindead fashion where you select a swashbuckling opener for an innings building middle order batsman is stupid.

The confusion is that Holysmoke is talking about the last 10 matches (9 innings) and Online is talking about the last 10 innings. FWIW, I am in favor of dropping and phasing out Tendulkar, Dravid, and Ganguly from ODIs over the next year or so but to do it in such a braindead fashion where you select a swashbuckling opener for an innings building middle order batsman is stupid.
yea.. i just checked, apparently the washed out odi against aus was counted as an innings.. btw, my point isnt about who they've selected to replace him. my point is dravid needed to get back and regroup, because he was becoming a burden on the team, which even led to him being dropped for the last game against aus.
But a precedent has been set' date=' and now anyone not performing will be out.[/quote'] I would be ecstatic if that were the case - but I am convinced that is not true. Lets talk again when some one does not perform and is not dropped from the team - only time will tell either way, Dravid is being made an example of and is being treated unfairly. This is no way to treat a legend
I would be ecstatic if that were the case - but I am convinced that is not true. Lets talk again when some one does not perform and is not dropped from the team - only time will tell either way, Dravid is being made an example of and is being treated unfairly. This is no way to treat a legend
Chief Selector Dumb Boy Vengeful-circus - what else can we expect from this leech?

Did Dravid deserve to be dropped on the basis of his recent ODI form - NO. Did Dravid display external evidence of discomfort, was it plain to everyone that something wasnt right between him and the powers-that-be (or the power-that-is) - YES. Unfortunately, in India, point 2 always overturns point 1. And, Dravid is too much of an old-fashioned git (aka gentleman) to come out fighting. He is destined to fail against Mumbai too, but for the sake of cricket in general, I hope he comes out with fighting 80 against Pak.

Did Dravid deserve to be dropped on the basis of his recent ODI form - NO. Did Dravid display external evidence of discomfort, was it plain to everyone that something wasnt right between him and the powers-that-be (or the power-that-is) - YES. Unfortunately, in India, point 2 always overturns point 1. And, Dravid is too much of an old-fashioned git (aka gentleman) to come out fighting. He is destined to fail against Mumbai too, but for the sake of cricket in general, I hope he comes out with fighting 80 against Pak.
No way. Dravid always proves himself on the field by letting his bat do the talking rather than burdening his lips and he will do the same this time too. Hope to see him smash a ton (won't be able to see but at least follow it on web).
Well the simple reasoning is there is none in the team other than Tenulkar' date=' Dravid or Laxman who can hit a century in Australian soil during the coming series. It is as simple as that! You need skills not just playing power to succeed in Australia and these three have proved it in Test matches. Badrinath, Tiwary blokes should be groomed in the home soil before getting shipped on away tours.[/quote']
Century in Australia ?(Tendulkar):haha: I'll bump this thread up for your reading pleasure after the test series Down Under. For a start' date= lets set our sights a bit low. How about a century vs Pakistan at home ?
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: For the record Tendulkar scored two test centuries and an ODI century to win us the CB series :giggle:
But yoda, dont you realize that this man does not have it in him anymore to average over 35 against even half decent attacks ? Every player goes thru a rough patch & then makes up for it. In Tendulkar's case, his best series avg in the last two years is 38.00 Sehwag, Dravid, Laxman, Ganguly, KKD and heck even Yuvraj have averaged above 50 in some series in this time. This aint a dip in form from Tendulkar, as he never fails to bash Bangladesh, rather an IRREVERSIBLE dip in ability or class
how true that has proven:haha:

Hopefully the resurgence of RSD will bring back some of the objective fans. It's quite fun to watch their expertise in action, all the numbers game without any context, all the predictions with the utmost belief in their own deductions and sadly all these after watching cricket for years. What a freaking waste of time.

Now that this this issue is done with, do you guys realize that I was right? Or do u still think keeping dravid in the odi team and deopping sachin from the test team was a better idea:haha::hysterical:
:nono: Its never right to drop Sachin from a team. But your argument about why Sachin shouldn't be dropped because performance in tests isn't as important still seems to be wrong. Perhaps that was not your intention but the way it is there - it didn't seem was correct. Dravid never complained by the way - he was gracious enough to move on - only India's best-ever captain did.
:nono: Its never right to drop Sachin from a team. But your argument about why Sachin shouldn't be dropped because performance in tests isn't as important still seems to be wrong. Perhaps that was not your intention but the way it is there - it didn't seem was correct. Dravid never complained by the way - he was gracious enough to move on - only India's best-ever captain did.
:wall: Even you dont understand. What I'm saying is that performance is not the only factor. Ability, chinks in technique, past record, conditions, etc matter much more in tests that ODI's .