Whom did you vote for? - With proper options  

1. 1.

• NDA
    • AAP
    • UPA
    • Third Front
    • Others
    • Did not vote or ineligible to vote.

Extreme form of Hindutva writing for years has helped him to get a ticket' date=' moreover he pimped for Yedyurappa when he was CM and yeddy gave him a category G plot in a posh location in Mysore.[/quote'] is that include his articles about minority appeasement from certain section?

Today I voted for the first time ever!!! Gave my vote to BJP's Shobha Karandlaje. But she has a strong opponent in COngress's Janardhan Hegde... so it will be interesting to note who wins :hmmm:
Jayaprakash Hegde:--D This is my old constituency. He has got good name for being in touch with people , but Shobha might just scrape through due to Modi wave.

Huuu.. Rakhi Sawant is contesting in election?? :omg:
She has floated her own party. The Rashtriya Aam Party. The election symbol of which is, *** drum roll**** a green chilly. Or maybe that is a kachchi kairi, I don't know. This is her manifesto: http://www.abplive.in/india/2014/04/14/article294672.ece/Rakhi-Sawant%E2%80%99s-RAP-releases-manifesto-for-LS-polls#.U1ATQqIa3ao 680_Rakhi_Sawant_election_campaign-168519_jpg-0a193f8ac8c2243b74f4eba03819f3ac.jpg Have to applaud her dedication. She has even dressed like a green chilly. Can you ever see Modi dressed as a lotus or Rahul Gandhi dressed up as a hand. Apart from Mayawati, who has a natural resemblance to the symbol of the party she leads, I think only Rakhi Sawant is making the effort to match the dress with the election symbol of her party. :two_thumbs_up: I can't really decide which is worse for the country. The politicization of Bollywood. Or the Bollywood-ization of politics?

She has floated her own party. The Rashtriya Aam Party. The election symbol of which is' date=' *** drum roll**** [i']a green chilly. Or maybe that is a kachchi kairi, I don't know. This is her manifesto: http://www.abplive.in/india/2014/04/14/article294672.ece/Rakhi-Sawant%E2%80%99s-RAP-releases-manifesto-for-LS-polls#.U1ATQqIa3ao 680_Rakhi_Sawant_election_campaign-168519_jpg-0a193f8ac8c2243b74f4eba03819f3ac.jpg Have to applaud her dedication. She has even dressed like a green chilly. Can you ever see Modi dressed as a lotus or Rahul Gandhi dressed up as a hand. Apart from Mayawati, who has a natural resemblance to the symbol of the party she leads, I think only Rakhi Sawant is making the effort to match the dress with the election symbol of her party. :two_thumbs_up: I can't really decide which is worse for the country. The politicization of Bollywood. Or the Bollywood-ization of politics?
:rofl::rofl:

I actually went to vote. Around 11am. And the entire voting was done in less than 5 mins. There wasn't any line at all. I voted for Meera Sanyal of the AAP. I hope she wins, but I highly doubt it. I have a feeling it is going to be Bala Nandgaonkar of the MNS. Outside the school, where the polling booth was located I asked the havaldar if I could park for a few minutes. He said ok. And my car was towed when I got back in 5 mins. And the havaldar was nowhere to be seen either. :mad:

I actually went to vote. Around 11am. And the entire voting was done in less than 5 mins. There wasn't any line at all. I voted for Meera Sanyal of the AAP. I hope she wins, but I highly doubt it. I have a feeling it is going to be Bala Nandgaonkar of the MNS. Outside the school, where the polling booth was located I asked the havaldar if I could park for a few minutes. He said ok. And my car was towed when I got back in 5 mins. And the havaldar was nowhere to be seen either. :mad:
Will be Deora marginally

You see... he expected something in return for saying "ok" :desiwoman: :hehe:

I think this is a good place to share election related anecdotes. There is this lady who works as a cleaner in one of our plants. She must be well into her 50s. And her remuneration is on a daily basis. On the 22nd she asked the shop floor manager if she could take a 4 day holiday, because she wanted to go to her village, some where along the Maharashtra MP border and vote. And she also asked for a weeks salary in advance because she wanted to buy some new clothes for voting and the travel expenses could be substantial in proportion to her daily pay. Clearly for her, voting is a big deal. Maybe more than what it is for any of us here. Here is someone who is forgoing a few days pay to be able to vote. Could there be a bigger testament to the victory of democracy in India? :hatsoff: All is not lost yet.

Something I noticed here during voting: A old woman of age around 60, probably uneducated, came to vote. BJP workers outside polling booth - "Please vote #1 for Narendra Modi" Congress workers: "please press #3, You know Indira Gandhi, it is #3" :cantstop: While traveling in train:overhead conversation between two middle aged women.. first woman: In my slum, BJP workers were giving Rs500 for every vote. My husband took Rs1000 for two votes along with unlimited supply of Arrack and biriyani..He didnt come home for two days. Second woman: You are very lucky, no one came to our area this time..We didnt even go for voting..In last assembly election , we got money from Siddaramaih(???) and voted to him..But this time no one turned up..

I think this is a good place to share election related anecdotes. There is this lady who works as a cleaner in one of our plants. She must be well into her 50s. And her remuneration is on a daily basis. On the 22nd she asked the shop floor manager if she could take a 4 day holiday, because she wanted to go to her village, some where along the Maharashtra MP border and vote. And she also asked for a weeks salary in advance because she wanted to buy some new clothes for voting and the travel expenses could be substantial in proportion to her daily pay. Clearly for her, voting is a big deal. Maybe more than what it is for any of us here. Here is someone who is forgoing a few days pay to be able to vote. Could there be a bigger testament to the victory of democracy in India? :hatsoff: All is not lost yet.
There could be other side of story .May be their village headmen , Sarpanch force them to vote.I have seen same tendency here in Bengali maids rush to vote when there is election in West Bengal, none of them apply for voter id card here despite living for many years.

There could be other side of story .May be their village headmen ' date=' Sarpanch force them to vote.I have seen same tendency here in Bengali maids rush to vote when there is election in West Bengal, none of them apply for voter id card here despite living for many years.[/quote'] The maid in a friend's family I know in Hyd, took 4 days off to go to her village to vote, because they were handing out cash.

The maid in a friend's family I know in Hyd' date=' took 4 days off to go to her village to vote, because they were handing out cash.[/quote'] I once asked a mason turned small thekedaar that who will he vote and he said what the Whatever Sarpanch say. In their village voting happen in this way , they can't go against collective will of village headmen