speed and performance of indian pacers in ipl

vishalvirsingh

Fiery fast bowling by Aaron. Has taken 2 wickets already. Lots of hostility short stuff , decent control too. Got some outswing. Fastest ball of 148.4 k. Mostly bowling 143 to 146 k. Kohli is turning out to be a fast bowlers' captain. Backing them all the way and they are delivering. Very interesting.
+1 Never saw Aaron bowl with such purpose and aggression under other captains.

That is not possible to be slow and hit deck hard he just hits seam
Anybody bowling above 120 k or so can hit the deck hard. It is a style of pace bowling where you use your shoulders more and bang the ball into the pitch ... as opposed to floating the ball with the objective of kissing the surface. There have been many pacers in history who were or are hit the deck types while bowling 125 to 130 k. Old Walsh, Daryl Tuffey , Tsotsobe, McKay are a few examples.

Anybody bowling above 120 k or so can hit the deck hard. It is a style of pace bowling where you use your shoulders more and bang the ball into the pitch ... as opposed to floating the ball with the objective of kissing the surface. There have been many pacers in history who were or are hit the deck types while bowling 125 to 130 k. Old Walsh, Daryl Tuffey , Tsotsobe, McKay are a few examples.
If you hit hard means you have more speed Otherwise from same height and and from same length I do not see how you can hit harder with same pace

In the last IPL , Mohit was bowling 130 to 137 k not considering slower deliveries. Fastest 142 k , very few above 138 k . This IPL, he is hitting 140 and 141 k at will. Fastest of 143.9 k as far as I know.
Mohit is looking like a clever fox he has bowled from 100k to 143.9k.....clever fox ideal for t 20.

If you hit hard means you have more speed Otherwise from same height and and from same length I do not see how you can hit harder with same pace
If you hit the deck hard you have more vertical speed whereas the speed gun measures horizontal speed at the time of release of the ball. That is why speed gun readings do not always coincide with the visual feeling of pace. While bowling a bouncer, a pacer tries to hit the deck hard. While bowling a yorker, he does not. But, are the quick looking bouncers necessarily the quickest balls according to the speed gun for the same pacer ? Usually , that is not the case. I hope you get my point.

What can happen is some one is very tall and instead of going for full swinging loopy balls they tried to get more bounce from length but how is it possible for bowl to hit ground harder at same pace' date='same length and same angle ?[/quote'] Grip. Two type of grips, lose and tight. Lose grip to release and let the bowl swing, tight grip to hit the deck harder. Most Indian bowlers release the ball to float and swing.

Grip. Two type of grips' date=' lose and tight. Lose grip to let the bowl swing, tight grip to hit the deck harder.[/quote'] But it will be shorter With lose grip you will try to loop the ball and swing but with harder you will try to bowl short of length Some one like morkel can do that always because he is tall but philander cannot he just lands the ball on seam and it looks deadly cos of pitches IMO

But it will be shorter With lose grip you will try to loop the ball and swing but with harder you will try to bowl short of length Some one like morkel can do that always because he is tall but philander cannot he just lands the ball on seam and it looks deadly cos of pitches IMO
No, even with tight grip you can bowl full like Pattinson does. Tight grip doesnt mean you can only bowl short.

No' date=' even with tight grip you can bowl full like Pattinson does. Tight grip doesnt mean you can only bowl short.[/quote'] And patto bowls at much much higher pace which is exactly my point If you hit deck hard full you have to be quick