speed and performance of indian pacers in ipl

vishalvirsingh

So our best bowler as third seamer :haha:
I would agree with you if we were picking a T20 team based on current form. But we are picking a team for test matches. There , Bhuvi has not been a wicket taker by any stretch of imagination. 9 wickets from 6 tests @ 37.8 and SR of 69.3. Compare this with Shami ... 27 wickets from the same 6 tests @ 29.5 and SR of 49.7. No way can BK be called best bowler in tests. Even in ODIs, BK has taken 37 wickets from 35 matches @ 37.3. ( Not a very small sample size ). Shami has 50 wickets from only 29 matches @ 28.9. BK' s ER of 4.7 is very good though, compared to 5.8 by Shami. So , basically, BK has been an economical pacer without wicket taking ability in the longer versions of the game. The main reason behind this is because, his only weapon has been swing with the new ball at medium pace in the longer versions. This may all change if he can reverse the ball, get seam movement consistently and get a bit more bounce with the occasional delivery. As BK is a quick learner and has very good seam position, this might happen sooner than later. And then, he will become a much more potent bowler. But, until then, it would be too imaginative to call him the best Indian bowler in tests based on a few t20 matches. I would still take him in my test team in England... because of his current form and because the ball swings more in England. I am not sure Dhoni would walk that path though , he may choose Shami, Ishant and Zak/ Pandey. In his mind, BK is probably the 5 th or 6 th seamer in tests.

I am not sure Dhoni would walk that path though , he may choose Shami, Ishant and Zak/ Pandey. In his mind, BK is probably the 5 th or 6 th seamer in tests.
As if any of those guys you named, except Shami, still reverse in tests. A potential player should always be backed in the highest version of the game, else we will still suffer overseas losses.

As if any of those guys you named' date=' except Shami, still reverse in tests. A potential player should always be backed in the highest version of the game, else we will still suffer overseas losses.[/quote'] Most of Dhoni's bowler choices are pretty bad. We all know that. Zak is old and unfit. Ishant is the second worst bowler in the history of cricket with more than 150 wickets. Yet, they are automatic choices.