The BJP thread

kabbirann

Poor decision imo. It might help the BJP win Delhi' date=' but it sets a poor precedent. Bitter-sweet moment really. She's very green in politics.[/quote'] true, also what was the need for BJP to announce the CM candidate, when they have successfully contested in maharastra, haryana, jharkhand without one.

true' date=' also what was the need for BJP to announce the CM candidate, when they have successfully contested in maharastra, haryana, jharkhand without one.[/quote'] I generally prefer parties declaring their candidates for the top leadership posts (CM or PM). It helps people decide. Plus BJP has always targeted Congress for not being clear on PM candidate so it looks even worse when they themselves dont declare the CM candidate.

true' date=' also what was the need for BJP to announce the CM candidate, when they have successfully contested in maharastra, haryana, jharkhand without one.[/quote'] Delhi BJP has been in a mess... Coupled with stupid delay n finalising election, helped AAP consolidate a lot to make it a 2 party fight... Because of the unpredictable, faction ridden state unit, there is real chance of Modi eating humble pie... To save the situation and have a fall guy, they got KB now... After elections shah needs to purge the state unit and do some serious ass kicking...

Delhi BJP has been in a mess... Coupled with stupid delay n finalising election, helped AAP consolidate a lot to make it a 2 party fight... Because of the unpredictable, faction ridden state unit, there is real chance of Modi eating humble pie... To save the situation and have a fall guy, they got KB now... After elections shah needs to purge the state unit and do some serious ass kicking...
Completely agree.

true' date=' [b']also what was the need for BJP to announce the CM candidate, when they have successfully contested in maharastra, haryana, jharkhand without one.
IMO, BJP are going all out to win more than 2/3rd majority in the assembly. They are trying to win this election with a bonus point. Once they achieve that, they will be able to start their Swacch Delhi camapign for real. Anything less than 42 seats during the polls would be a BJP loss in my eyes. If they get around 42 seats, the remaining 4-5 seats could be taken care of post elections (a few defections may have to be induced). Here are three reasons, why I believe, Bedi's induction into the BJP is being called the sounding of AAP's proverbial death knell: (i) Bedi is an immensely popular personality among all classes of society. She has the reputation for being an able administrator and her presence in the party will be very reassuring to a lot of people. Guaranteed vote winner. (ii) She is one person that the AAP can't finger for being corrupt because of her participation in the IAC campaign. If tomorrow anyone from AAP accuses her of being corrupt, then people will ask why Anna and Kejriwal welcomed her in the IAC core committee. Accusing her of corruption will compromise Kejriwal's own integrity. (iii) Announcing Bedi as the CM candidate is a move that has made Kejriwal look extremely moronic. One of AAP's campaigning strategies was to pit Kejriwal against Senior BJP leaders (Jagdish Mukhi and Satish Upadhyay) and keep reminding people that Modi can't become the CM of Delhi. Well, you can imagine how silly Kejriwal must be feeling after today's announcement. All that precious money spent on useless posters. I have a feeling that Bedi might have been the sole reason why BJP delayed the Delhi elections. It is possible that BJP made the offer to Bedi straight after LS elections, but she would've wanted to see if the Modi wave was legitimate, not just a strong anti-incumbency vote. Would I call it opportunism on part of KB? Yes. BJP are a very safe bet atm in the political sphere. This election is a matter of prestige more than anything for the BJP. A few of the Delhi-based media houses are strongly backing AAP. Delhi, along with Bihar and Karnataka, is one of the few remaining Secular bastions in the country (very left leaning youth population). Thrashing them on their own turf will drive home the point that the BJP finally means business. I think the above baashan might answer your question about the Kiran Bedi announcement. :haha: Do I agree with it? No. Why? 3 reasons: (i) It is an incredibly short sighted move. Elevating a person, who has spent less than a week in the party, to the post of CM candidate is very disrespectful to those members who have been slogging at the ground level for years. It sets a really bad precedent. Bedi has earned her dues as an administrator, not as a politician. (ii) This has kind of exposed the desperation of the BJP in Delhi. As asterix dada rightly pointed out, the Delhi BJP unit has been a fractured mess for a while now. Lack of any proper organization. They had around 15 years to plan on how to win back Delhi, and this is the best they can come up with? No proper plan B after Harsh Vardhan's promotion? (iii) Even with Modi and Amit Shah guiding her, Bedi is still very inexperienced in politics. There is an ocean of difference between knowing how politics works and making politics work. She will be learning on the fly, from her sub-ordinates. That leaves her very vulnerable. Saying all this, I wish her all the best if the BJP come to power. Inspite of the Delhi BJP unit's disorganization, AAP's series of political own goals has more or less made this election a foregone conclusion. Just a matter of margins now.

Delhi BJP has been in a mess... Coupled with stupid delay n finalising election, helped AAP consolidate a lot to make it a 2 party fight... Because of the unpredictable, faction ridden state unit, there is real chance of Modi eating humble pie... To save the situation and have a fall guy, they got KB now... After elections shah needs to purge the state unit and do some serious ass kicking...
+ 1

AAP has 2 advantages - - head start in campaign as they started quite early and bjp only just named their CM candidate. Part of the reason why Modi was so successful in LS elec. was that he was campaigning for about 1.5 yrs as PM candidate - They were in govt. only for 49 days. People may think of giving them another term or a longer term. Jalebi - Delhi is no 'left bastion' . Its about the usual things like Party leadership(local n central) and hard work of leaders, workers and advertising. BJP recently won all 7 LS seats afterall.

Saw shazia on timesnow and she is half crazy. Disclaimer: I'm in no way saying that she was any better when she was with AAP. I heard her for the first time and she has some issues
and very very bitter. Its not good to be so visibly bitter (and that too only over a political party)

and very very bitter. Its not good to be so visibly bitter (and that too only over a political party)
Somehow AAP seems to invoke such emotions from former members. Remember the statements made by Vinod Binny in the past. I think many of them feel that they were equal contributors to the IAC movement and in building AAP from there on, but they only later realized that the whole movement was hijacked by Kejriwal and his cronies.

Bedi is running of from having any TV debate with Kejriwal lol Thought some one with such a bold image would be willing to engage in a debate like this
Debate will give Kejrewal more chances as he has been in politics for couple of years now. Think she wants to avoid that.

Bedi is running of from having any TV debate with Kejriwal lol Thought some one with such a bold image would be willing to engage in a debate like this
Someone with bold image will never debate just because his opponent wants her to do that. Remembered the dialogue of old hindi movie star, Rajkumar: "Jaani hum tumko marenge aur jaroor marenge, lekin wo jagah bhi humari hogi, waqt bhi humara hoga aur Pistol bhi"

Kejriwal is always looking for some cheap TV publicity. Bedi would be better off spending her time strategizing the elections and campaigning in the city than feeding a cheap publicity hunting troll.
He's desperate...he's argumentative... He's a negative approach of everything.... If he becomes CM, Delhi will see more arguments than governance... He might be able to implement some short term populist schemes but majority of the time he'll whine and complain that he doesn't have power or cooperation from Centre... Majority of the time he'll keep on blaming BJP for his failures...

Someone with bold image will never debate just because his opponent wants her to do that. Remembered the dialogue of old hindi movie star, Rajkumar: "Jaani hum tumko marenge aur jaroor marenge, lekin wo jagah bhi humari hogi, waqt bhi humara hoga aur Pistol bhi"
Bedi is completely outside the spectrum of politics .So having the debate would have informed us people what her ideas are opinions on various issues are. Election campaign is just reading from a paper. It would have been a very good opportunity for Bedi .This just projects as her afraid of having a debate and expressing her ideas and just hoping to get the results by clinging on the BJP popularity . Probably like Rahul baba

Jalebi - Delhi is no 'left bastion' . Its about the usual things like Party leadership(local n central) and hard work of leaders, workers and advertising. BJP recently won all 7 LS seats afterall.
I was actually talking about the college youth, who are largely left leaning. Also, last 4 govt.s have been formed by secular parties in Delhi. Can't believe I forgot to mention WB with Bihar and K'taka. BJP swept Delhi in LS, but AAP came a close second in most constituencies.

Bedi is completely outside the spectrum of politics .So having the debate would have informed us people what her ideas are opinions on various issues are. Election campaign is just reading from a paper. It would have been a very good opportunity for Bedi .This just projects as her afraid of having a debate and expressing her ideas and just hoping to get the results by clinging on the BJP popularity . Probably like Rahul baba
Kiran Bedi is a political novice. Kejriwal is a champ when it comes to rhetoric and theatrics. He'll gobble her up like a crocodile.

I was actually talking about the college youth, who are largely left leaning. Also, last 4 govt.s have been formed by secular parties in Delhi. Can't believe I forgot to mention WB with Bihar and K'taka. BJP swept Delhi in LS, but AAP came a close second in most constituencies.
In MCD n DUSU too, its BJP. I dont think one can gauge the leaning by the last few state elections. when was the last time you had BJP govt. in Maha. or in UP? (I am not implying either of left or right leaning is good or bad btw)

In MCD n DUSU too' date=' its BJP. [b']I dont think one can gauge the leaning by the last few state elections. when was the last time you had BJP govt. in Maha. or in UP? (I am not implying either of left or right leaning is good or bad btw)
Valid point. Frankly, a very small % of people in India vote on the basis of ideology. Left-wing Right-wing are more a feature of Western politics. Most vote on the basis of issues, events or personalities.

Kiran Bedi is a political novice. Kejriwal is a champ when it comes to rhetoric and theatrics. He'll gobble her up like a crocodile.
Exactly .She just comes of looking as an opportunist trying to cash in off the BJP wave . And running off from the debate affirms the opinion even more .