The BJP thread

kabbirann

Venkaiah Naidu all set to spread BJP's wings on Jagan turf H

YDERABAD: What one Naidu could not, the other Naidu proposes to achieve. With TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu unable to dent YSRCP stronghold Kadapa, Union minister M Venkaiah Naidu has embarked on a mission to spread the saffron party's wings in the district. This he proposes to do by inducting the Kandula family into the BJP fold at a public meeting in Kadapa town on Sunday. An important political family of Kadapa, Kandula Rajamohan Reddy, his brother Sivananda Reddy and son Chandra Obula Reddy, with their followers are currently with the YSRCP. They are scheduled to join the BJP in the presence of Union urban development minister Venkaiah Naidu and AP BJP president Kambampati Haribabu on Sunday. According to sources, Venkaiah Naidu is wooing YSRCP leaders and leftover Congress patriarchs into the party following TDP's failure to make inroads into the Jagan stronghold in 2014 general polls. The district stood solidly behind YSRCP, returning nine out of 10 seats in the assembly with TDP's Mallikarjun Reddy, who managed to win from Rajampet, being the lone exception. In the past seven months, Jagan's grip appears to be slackening in the district. The party's Jammalamadudu MLA C Adinarayana Reddy has distanced himself from the party and now, Kandula Rajamohan Reddy, who has followers in almost every constituency, is set to leave the YSRCP to join the BJP. According to sources, Venkaiah Naidu has promised the support of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Centre's protection once they leave YSRCP. "Kadapa does not figure in the agenda of chief minister Chandrababu Naidu. He is punishing the people of Kadapa just because his party was rejected in the elections. On the other hand, YSRCP president Jaganmohan Reddy is not responding to the injustice being meted out to Kadapa in the manner an opposition leader should. So, we can neither continue in YSRCP nor align with Chandrababu Naidu. So our only hope for justice lies with BJP and Prime Minister Narendra Modi," former TDP MLA Kandula Sivananda Reddy told TOI from Kadapa. Sivananda said that Chandrababu Naidu has become the CM of only the capital region, and has proven ineffective in dealing with Delhi in getting funds and projects. "Now, our aim is to get the promises assured in the AP Reorganisation Act implemented. The Centre can offer many things directly to Rayalaseema and Kadapa," he further said. Even if their joining the BJP leads to a clash with TDP, they are ready for it, he added
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Venkaiah-Naidu-all-set-to-spread-BJPs-wings-on-Jagan-turf/articleshow/45927344.cms

Presidents republic day address -

President of India ‏@RashtrapatiBhvn 2h2 hours ago Majority has mandate to rule while opposition has right to oppose, expose, & depose #PresidentMukherjee #NYmsg
President of India ‏@RashtrapatiBhvn 2h2 hours ago Noisy minority cannot be allowed to gag patient majority #PresidentMukherjee #NYmsg
:--D

odd coming from a long time congress stalwart dare i say Pranab Da knows that NDA has the power to replace him with ease in the 2017 presidential elections. I do believe they have the numbers. A stronger performance in UP especially will see to that

odd coming from a long time congress stalwart dare i say Pranab Da knows that NDA has the power to replace him with ease in the 2017 presidential elections. I do believe they have the numbers. A stronger performance in UP especially will see to that
They will replace him - that much is obvious and I am 100% certain that he also knows it. No President since Dr. Rajendra Prasad has had 2 terms till now and I don't see that changing. Even if BJP is decimated in UP (something which is highly unlikely), they will still not give him another term - it just isn't the norm to give Presidents two terms till now. Also, I think he will himself announce that he will be retiring.

BTW' date=' Kejri will be contesting against Nupur Sharma, BJP Youth Wing leader (she appears on Ar-knob's raj darbar frequently). I'm guessing she will be the sacrificial lamb ala Irani in LS.[/quote'] yup.... In a way i would have grabbed that chance with both hands. you manage to topple him you become a lion slayer. You get defeated you get compensated.

yup.... In a way i would have grabbed that chance with both hands. you manage to topple him you become a lion slayer. You get defeated you get compensated.
Just hope that the BJP leaders/spokes persons have the common sense to keep their personal feelings aside and have a united stand in the media on KB being announced the CM candidate. The smallest voice of dissent, and the media crooks will start jumping and shouting like the atrangi bandars that they are.

this delhi campaign of the BJP has been bit of a let down to be honest. Inducting Imli that congress woman Tirath etc has left a bitter taste. What about the BJP rank and file? They people who work tirelessly for the part at ground level. Is Delhi really that big a state for BJP to be ruthless like this? I can understand if they do this in Bihar. Infact i expect it. As Jalebi bhai says. This Khattar syndrome whereby somebody is just parachuted in is a big let down.

Poor decision imo. It might help the BJP win Delhi' date=' but it sets a poor precedent. Bitter-sweet moment really. She's very green in politics.[/quote'] I said this the day she joined. Also, I have doubts over whether she can be a good CM - she too, like Kejri, seems too authoritarian and erratic to succeed in politics.

this delhi campaign of the BJP has been bit of a let down to be honest. Inducting Imli that congress woman Tirath etc has left a bitter taste. What about the BJP rank and file? They people who work tirelessly for the part at ground level. Is Delhi really that big a state for BJP to be ruthless like this? I can understand if they do this in Bihar. Infact i expect it. As Jalebi bhai says. This Khattar syndrome whereby somebody is just parachuted in is a big let down.
Its symbolic more than anything else. Also, its the capital and they would like to put on a good show for the world so they desperately want to win Delhi. And they will win.

Its symbolic more than anything else. Also' date=' its the capital and they would like to put on a good show for the world so they desperately want to win Delhi.[b'] And they will win.
It's about the margin of victory now for BJP. They will do whatever it takes to get 2/3rd in the assembly. In this quest, they are making a few short-sighted decisions. There's also symbolism, as you said. With BJP in the state and centre, they can truly start cleaning up the khachra from Lutyens Delhi.