Sri Lanka tour of England & Ireland 2014

England, who stole the Lankan coach right before the series, are gonna talk about ethics now ? Also lol at the butt-hurt comments here - Lanka have already won more games than India won all of their last tour of England :haha:
Pakistan in England Test Series 2001 drawn 1-1 (2) Pakistan in England Test Series 2006 England 3-0 (4) Pakistan in England Test Series 2010 England 3-1 (4) India in England Test Series 2002 drawn 1-1 (4) Pataudi Trophy (India in England) 2007 India 1-0 (3) Pataudi Trophy (India in England) 2011 England 4-0 (4) overall series results (last 3 tours of england) India - won-1,lost-1,drawn -1 Pak - won-0,lost-2,drawn-1 Match results India - won-2,lost-5,drawn -4 Pak - won-2,lost-7,drawn-1:giggle::giggle:
no this is sri lanka where players like Sanga give lectures on the spirit of cricket and then end up appealing like they have just received a direct order from Budha that they will attain moksha only if they appeal as loudly as a coconut has fallen on their balls. I personally think what that chucker Senanayake did was right. However this holier than thou attitude has to change. If one thing which emerges from all of this is that every side needs to play hard ball with SL. From changing captains to avoid fines to faking the result of tosses, dont give SL an inch. This reminds me of the time that sangakara laid into Younis khan for not walking for an edge. Then in the recent test series did the same. I personally dont have a problem with all this stuff. But enough of this occupying the high moral ground. Dont make this statements such as "i wont do it" etc etc. Just accept given the situation you will do it and thats the end of that.
Sangakkara didn't cheat the WC final toss, it was Dhoni, please do your home work before commenting like that.
Pakistan in England Test Series 2001 drawn 1-1 (2) Pakistan in England Test Series 2006 England 3-0 (4) Pakistan in England Test Series 2010 England 3-1 (4) India in England Test Series 2002 drawn 1-1 (4) Pataudi Trophy (India in England) 2007 India 1-0 (3) Pataudi Trophy (India in England) 2011 England 4-0 (4) overall series results (last 3 tours of england) India - won-1,lost-1,drawn -1 Pak - won-0,lost-2,drawn-1 Match results India - won-2,lost-5,drawn -4 Pak - won-2,lost-7,drawn-1:giggle::giggle:
Paki owned :rofl:
no this is sri lanka where players like Sanga give lectures on the spirit of cricket and then end up appealing like they have just received a direct order from Budha that they will attain moksha only if they appeal as loudly as a coconut has fallen on their balls. I personally think what that chucker Senanayake did was right. However this holier than thou attitude has to change. If one thing which emerges from all of this is that every side needs to play hard ball with SL. From changing captains to avoid fines to faking the result of tosses, dont give SL an inch. This reminds me of the time that sangakara laid into Younis khan for not walking for an edge. Then in the recent test series did the same. I personally dont have a problem with all this stuff. But enough of this occupying the high moral ground. Dont make this statements such as "i wont do it" etc etc. Just accept given the situation you will do it and thats the end of that.
Great post. No issues with that wicket as the batsman was warned before. But SL are a team that will do anything to win...rules/spirit go to hell. Their fans needs to understand that their players are probably bigger abuser of spirit of cricket Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

While I am not a fan of Lankans and their double standards, in this particular instance I do not see anything wrong done by SL (as long as they are also happy to walk off when they are "mankaded"). It is a completely fair mode of dismissal and umpires should never cross-check with the captain of the fielding side if he wants to uphold the appeal. The non-striker is clearly trying to gain an advantage by stepping out of his crease.

I dont want any spirit of the game nonsense from england, where was that spirit from collingwood , where was it from stuart broad. These pommies invoke spirit of the game nonsense when they are victims but when they dont adhere to it it is just fine with them.

See there are two issues here 1) Are SLankans cheats, have done stupid things in the past, have been cry babies, bowled a no ball to deny batsmen 100s, delaying tactics to not lose matches and chucked their way merrily to win games - YES 2) Were they wrong in mankading Butler - NO

Chameleon Jayawardene now defends "mankading" While I do support bowlers who "mankad" out non-strikers, it is striking to notice how the rhetoric changed for Mahela Jayawardene when his team was on the other side of the fence. Sample what he has said now:

But Jayawardene, defending his captain and his team, revealed that Sri Lanka had warned Buttler twice before the incident and felt he had been claiming an unfair advantage by leaving his ground early. "We gave him a fair chance," Jayawardene said. "Twice. Before the first warning, we told the umpires that he was taking too much of a lead and then he was warned again. We had to do that, because they kept doing it. "We analysed our game after Lord's. They took 22 twos in the last 12 overs. Ravi Bopara and him ran riot. And most of the time they were taking starts that are not legal by the written laws. We just wanted to make sure we got a fair chance. We warned them and we warned the umpires, but they didn't listen to us, so we had to take the right steps. "We always try to play in the right spirit, but if the other team is not playing in the right spirit and not going with the law, then unfortunately we had to take the law into our hands. It was the third time. It is fair enough, I think. We all need to play by the rules. "If the other sides are not going by the rules, then they're not playing by the spirit, so what can you do?"
Excerpts from: http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-sri-lanka-2014/content/story/750119.html Now, check out what he had said in Feb 2012 when SL were at the receiving end of a "mankaded" dismissal, but the then Indian captain Sehwag had withdrawn his appeal.
Sri Lankan captain Mahela Jayawardena says Indian off-spinner Ravi Ashwin's controversial "Mankad" dismissal of Lahiru Thirimanne in Brisbane flouted the spirit of the game. Thirimanne survived the dismissal during his innings of 62 in Sri Lanka's 51-run one-day international win over India at the Gabba on Tuesday, but only after the Indians decided to withdraw their appeal. A Mankad is where the bowler whips off the bails at the non-striker's end instead of releasing the ball. Ashwin legitimately did this when Thirimanne, who was on 44 at the time, left his crease too early. But after umpires Paul Reiffel and Billy Bowden talked to India's stand-in skipper Virender Sehwag and veteran Sachin Tendulkar, the Indians decided to give Thirimanne a reprieve. Jayawardena conceded that Thirimanne had strayed from the crease but said Ashwin's decision to Mankad him was wrong. "I probably felt there was a little bit of fault in our guy to be honest, but I think in the spirit of the game Sehwag did the right thing (withdrawing the appeal)," Jayawardena said. "I don't play like that -- I would give him a warning and make sure he stays in the crease. I think it was a small incident in a crucial game and I think we need to move on." Jayawardena added: "I would not have taken the bails off in the first place to be honest. I would try and keep it nice and clean and tell the umpires to keep an eye on the guy. "I think they did the right thing out there in the middle (when) the senior players got together." A Mankad dismissal is rare. It is named after Vinoo Mankad, who twice dismissed Australian batsman Bill Brown this way in 1947-48.
http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/185796-jayawardena-hits-out-at-mankad-dismissal-of-thirimanne