Direction Sense!

Mandrake

Just wondering how you guys are with directions. I am HORRIBLE and take no time in getting lost.Its better in India with so many walking GPS's around:haha:.However, in US I have to really make an effort to rememeber even the simplest of routes. I have seen some people are so good at it..almost intuitive. Wonder how they do it....

I started out every new comer would start, with a google maps print out in our hand and getting lost or missing the exit almost all the time. Now , i am much better. Direction sense is all about awareness. If you are aware of what is around you at the moment and make a mental note of every turn you make, you will be fine.

I am quite good at directions. I can go from point A to point B rather easily. Dont get lost easily. I am bad at remembering the names of Highways and Interstates though. If you asked which Interstate I took, what exit etc etc I would have little rememberance of that.

I have yet to meet any one with a worse sense of direction.... I have problem with right and left ....:embaressed_smile:disorientation.....:confused_smile: And to top it all..I am absentminded.....I have gone and sat in wrong cars only to get shocked looks from the driver of the car. Even entered a wrong home...put the groceries on the dining table only to realise I was on the wrong floor.... Anyone can match that????:tounge_smile: Got lost thrice as a child.

I have yet to meet any one with a worse sense of direction.... I have problem with right and left ....:embaressed_smile:disorientation.....:confused_smile: And to top it all..I am absentminded.....I have gone and sat in wrong cars only to get shocked looks from the driver of the car. Even entered a wrong home...put the groceries on the dining table only to realise I was on the wrong floor.... Anyone can match that????:tounge_smile:
Err...be careful.

I have yet to meet any one with a worse sense of direction.... I have problem with right and left ....:embaressed_smile:disorientation.....:confused_smile: And to top it all..I am absentminded.....I have gone and sat in wrong cars only to get shocked looks from the driver of the car. Even entered a wrong home...put the groceries on the dining table only to realise I was on the wrong floor.... Anyone can match that????:tounge_smile: Got lost thrice as a child.
You went into the wrong house ? :whatchutalkingabout

Twice I came back home with the police wale uncles.....they are not so bad....once they fed me samosas and tea too... the third time was at night on a railway station in assam.....they managed to find me just as the connecting train that we had to board stopped at the station.Train mein ja kar bahoot kaan marode mummyji ne....:D

Just wondering how you guys are with directions. I am HORRIBLE and take no time in getting lost.Its better in India with so many walking GPS's around:haha:.However' date=' in US I have to really make an effort to rememeber even the simplest of routes. I have seen some people are so good at it..almost intuitive. Wonder how they do it....[/quote'] I used to be just as bad, if not worse :D:D But now, once I drive or see the route I can pretty much remember it the next time around...Google maps and Sigalert are my best friends hehe

I was lost only twice in last 8 years. Both the times, it took me an hour to get my way back. I was in the country side in North East. But other than that, Texas, BA, LA, CA, Boston, NY, NH, VT. I did okay almost all the time. I have made 3 cross country road trips w/o MAPs. I would just refer to a map for a short while and then go. Missed exits few times but nothing bad. As soon as I get out of my car, i forget which direction I was going. But soon I get back to driving seat, I know which way to go right a way. BTW, i dont like to drive as much though but still managed to drive more than 150+K in these years.