This has to b the boringest IND-PAK series ever

zubinpepsi

What a boring match... theres no intensity frm the players.. doesnt look like india-pak match rather looks like Ind-Zim or Ken match.. Pakistan is absolutely rubbish on the field... their captain lacks strategy and game plan.. is there any game plan at all?? dint expect this kinda inspid performance frm Pak players.. absolutely pathetic.. and the commentators. .. oh my god.. what a bunch of boringestuuuuuu ppl... i dozed off during the middle overs of indian chase. horrible... dint expect this kinda match afetr having been anxiously waiting for week for this day to happen.. All in all its turning out to be a very poor series against a pathetic team and this is not gonna help us for the Aus series.. :thumbs_down:

I don't know about the Indian innings because i had fallen asleep by then, but i watched the entire Pakistani innings and yes - it bored the hell out of me. No intensity from either side, no sense of urgency. Indians bowled to contain, Pakistani batsmen batted defensively - protecting their wickets like cowards instead of going for their shots. Yoosef's innings was the perfect example of defensive, "safety-first" batting. He couldn't even muster the courage to score off buffet bowling - a rank full toss from Tendulkar and he just patted it down the ground - even the commentators were surprised; and rightfully so because he should have whacked it for six. Later on he faced a crappy half tracker from Pathan down the leg side and he didn't even get bat on it. Terrible cricket all around.

I don't know about the Indian innings because i had fallen asleep by then' date=' but i watched the entire Pakistani innings and yes - it bored the hell out of me. No intensity from either side, no sense of urgency. Indians bowled to contain, Pakistani batsmen batted defensively - protecting their wickets like cowards instead of going for their shots. Yoosef's innings was the perfect example of defensive, "safety-first" batting. He couldn't even muster the courage to score off buffet bowling - a rank full toss from Tendulkar and he just patted it down the ground - even the commentators were surprised; and rightfully so because he should have whacked it for six. Later on he faced a crappy half tracker from Pathan down the leg side and he didn't even get bat on it. Terrible cricket all around.[/quote'] How could watch the Paki innings man? Even the short highlights (of about 3 minutes) were boring and about 2.5 minutes too long. :D

Pathan is such a lousy fielder. He can't field if his life depended on it. He is worse than Ganguly (except the catching). Atleast Ganguly has age as an excuse. Path is such a young fellow he should be prancing aroung like a tiger. Ground fielding of both teams was horrible, Pak lost because their's was worst.

What a boring match... theres no intensity frm the players.. doesnt look like india-pak match rather looks like Ind-Zim or Ken match.. Pakistan is absolutely rubbish on the field... their captain lacks strategy and game plan.. is there any game plan at all?? dint expect this kinda inspid performance frm Pak players.. absolutely pathetic.. and the commentators. .. oh my god.. what a bunch of boringestuuuuuu ppl... i dozed off during the middle overs of indian chase. horrible... dint expect this kinda match afetr having been anxiously waiting for week for this day to happen.. All in all its turning out to be a very poor series against a pathetic team and this is not gonna help us for the Aus series.. :thumbs_down:
Good OP. In general 50-50 is getting boring, bring on the 20-20s :thumbs_up: But I agree with the assessment.
The overall standard of play has been several notches below what we saw in '04.
I agree. Also, this feeling is partly because the standard of cricket was too high in the India-Aus series. As this series progresses and the memories of the previous one fade away, I guess we'll all settledown and get accustomed to this mediocre level cricket. INDEED - man, I love that word now!