****Maharashtra Assembly Elections 2014 Thread***

G_B_

if the bookies are true then its slightly bad news for the bjp they wlll need support from mns sena or ncp.
If they become the single largest party, then I think they have proved their point. All this while, they were only saying to the Sena that the political landscape has changed and that they are now more popular than the Sena in Maharashtra. They have continued attacking only Cong-NCP. They were only asking for 50-50 seat division, not even asking for more seats than the Sena.

A lot still depend on the number of people who actually goes out to vote on 15th Oct. People aren't as motivated as LS 2014, so expect lower turnout. Each parties cadre especially for BJP needs to be motivated, and ask as many people to complete their votes.

NCP Leader RR Patil's 'Rape After Elections' Remark Sparks Controversy Senior NCP leader and former Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil has sparked a major controversy for saying that an MNS leader jailed for rape could have waited for the assembly elections to get over before committing the alleged crime. Maharashtra votes on October 15. "MNS has fielded a candidate. Today MNS activists met me and said they would back me (in the elections). When I asked them why, they said their candidate is in jail. I asked what good act has he done? They told me that a rape case has been registered against him. If he wanted to contest and become an MLA, he should have committed rape after the elections," Mr Patil said, while addressing supporters at Sangli on Friday. The NCP leader's remarks led to a huge outrage, prompting him to issue an apology. "If you hear my comment fully, you will understand in what context it was made. It was a sarcastic criticism of a rival candidate, who has a criminal background... There is no question of my insulting women. In case I hurt anybody's sentiments, I tender an apology," the 57-year-old said. Describing Mr Patil as a "big joke", BJP leader Shaina NC said, "He has absolutely no conscience and no right to be in public life. He should be voted out on October 15 by the people." In 2009, Mr Patil had kicked up a huge storm for his comments on the 2008 Mumbai terror attack that killed over 160 people. "In big cities like this, small incidents do happen. It's is not a total failure," the NCP leader had controversially said when asked whether the brazen attack was the result of an intelligence failure. The controversial remarks later resulted in Mr Patil losing his job as Home Minister.
http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/assembly-polls/ncp-leader-rr-patil-s-rape-after-elections-remark-sparks-controversy-605349?curl=1413041269

MIM in Maharashtra?? Didn't know they had influence outside Hyderabad.
as per reports they might poll 10% of the vote in marathwada and mumbai.... not enough to win but enough to suck wins out of the congress especially. Speaking of the congress, as per bookies they are improving all the time in their expectations. They have overtaken the sena to be second largest party in maha These are two contradictory things. One hand people report rise of MIM which negativly impacts the congress. Yet congress has improved its prospects? Clearly somebody is wrong.

With MIM contesting elections in Maharashtra, it will be tough to consolidate Muslim votes for Congress and it will probably get split between MIM, Congis and NCP. On the other hand, BJP will be banking on the Non Marathi voters like Gujjus, Rajasthanis, South Indians etc. Marathi voters will definitely get split into 5 and will go to all parties, therefore the Non Marathi voters will decide the fate of this elections. Why we see BJP above all other parties is because of the strong Non Marathi voters in favour of BJP in urban Maharashtra where the % of Non Marathi voters are quite high.

BJP will get close to 125-130 seats in Maharashtra me thinks. MNS will be the first one to join hands with BJP thanks to a very friendly relationship between Raj and Nitin Gadkari, once that happens, we may see Shiv Sena split and many wou;d shift their headquarters from Sena to BJP+. Uddhav Thackeray will be left alone forever.

I think personally bjp Plus allies will get 144 in maha. In haryana they will need to form coalition with inld i think. this is my call.
They should try to avoid a coalition with INLD me thinks........especially with the pending cases against OPC.........hopefully BJP get either absolute majority or close to 40......if the latter.....then they could form an alliance with the independents or HJC (rejoin hands more like)........a clean slate for the NDA is needed in Haryana.......

BJP will get close to 125-130 seats in Maharashtra me thinks. MNS will be the first one to join hands with BJP thanks to a very friendly relationship between Raj and Nitin Gadkari' date=' once that happens, we may see Shiv Sena split and many wou;d shift their headquarters from Sena to BJP+. Uddhav Thackeray will be left alone forever.[/quote'] is this some sort of gujrati living in mumbai fetish? lol :cantstop: the strength of sena power is the BMC. You want to kill the sena you kill them in the BMC. For that you need to wait to 2017. push comes to shove sena will join hands with the ncp. BJP cannot ally with the congress. Two birds one stone. Most likely MNS and the Sena will come together post polls. Gadkari does have friendly relations with Raj. But he is not on that friendly terms for him to ignore the call from matoshree.

They should try to avoid a coalition with INLD me thinks........especially with the pending cases against OPC.........hopefully BJP get either absolute majority or close to 40......if the latter.....then they could form an alliance with the independents or HJC (rejoin hands more like)........a clean slate for the NDA is needed in Haryana.......
thats what i meant buy coalition. if they get like 40. they will cause defections in smaller parties. but i thik bjp should be in the 32-35 zone

The Vidhan Sabha Elections are so low key here. Don't even know who the candidates are in my constituency. None of the buzz/fanfare that we saw with the LS elections. I don't know who is going to win, but I'm guessing you'll see around 35% voter turnout in Mumbai and 17-20% in South Bombay. Don't know if that is good for the incumbents or not.

The Vidhan Sabha Elections are so low key here. Don't even know who the candidates are in my constituency. None of the buzz/fanfare that we saw with the LS elections. I don't know who is going to win, but I'm guessing you'll see around 35% voter turnout in Mumbai and 17-20% in South Bombay. Don't know if that is good for the incumbents or not.
A low turn out is good for anybody but the bjp alliance. But i feel the turnout will be high. Especially in places like Nashik division Marathwada and Viderbha. (65% or higher). But historically Maharashtra has higher voter turnouts for the assembly elections than lok sabha. On the second post, you caught me :cantstop:

thats great for the incumbent govn then.the buzz might not be comparable to LS elections but still one can expect around 45% turnout in mumbai