Roland Garros 2014 - Rafa and Maria are the champs!

bones

Apparently nadal won what a terrible quality match. As a nadal supporter I'm glad that he finished it in 4 looked out of it for the last part of that set. Novak was physically done after set 2 may be battling something. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to fire the useless Becker. Novak has gone backwards, not forwards. Winning masters means **** if you can't win slams. The sad part is, Novak has the game to do it, but the tactics deployed this match as a pose to their recent encounter in Rome were pathetic. Too many obvious runs into the net, too much pulling the trigger early, even when Nadal was tired.

It is clear from today's match that both guys are at edge of their physical peak. However there are not many younger players who are able to challenge them still. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1. Djoko had worked so much on his fintess but today seemed tired. It's time for some fringe players to pick up like what happened in early 2000's when Federer stepped up after Sampras left.

It's debatable but what he has achieved with a limited game and guts truly is remarkable. I would like to think he should be higher in consideration than Sampras atleast. Close call b/w him and Federer..
he probably has been for a little while now

It's debatable but what he has achieved with a limited game and guts truly is remarkable. I would like to think he should be higher in consideration than Sampras atleast. Close call b/w him and Federer..
The Rafa fans keep saying this, but there isn't enough evidence to suggest he is. Fed has more WTFs which to me rank above masters events but below slams as the points system indicates.

Djoko probably put a lot of him in first set. The way first set had gone, it looked like match would be a straight set affair. Then Djoko slumped a bit and Nadal started finding his confidence and then range in his shots. There was a stas shown that in 1st and 2nd set speed of his forehand shots was 122 mph while in third it reached to 130. He got some backhand winners early in second set which was a great booster for him. He also employed backhand slice very well to slow down Novak a bit. Novak couldn't rely on 'attack backhand' strategy any more. Match wasn't of high quality but probably not as bad quality as it is being suggested. Agree there were few longer rallies as you would expect in their match but as both players were going for early winners, and they got some stunning winners as well, it was bound to happen. Now if Nadal can pick one or probably 2 more GS outside French, few debates would be settled for good. a great champion and fighter who draws his game from his intensity.