Modi Sarkar Social Issues Tracker Thread (Ache din aane wale hain)

cндябеяs

Are you quoting average Nymex prices or Average brent prices ? Indian crude basket is based on brent . Brent Crude was for brief period above 130 $ in July 2008 Take a look at this chart . http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=RBRTE&f=M Brent Crude Oil prices reached a high of 147 $ during the height of the international financial crisis in '08 and then crashed to 54 $$ a barrel in 2009 for a short period of time. It then climbed up to in excess of $90 in the subsequent years.
Ok, Fooled me with your economics jargon. Why dont you correct those numbers i gave if youfind them different. Also let me know if Monthly/weekly Indian oil prices at pump were directly linked to international oil preices.

Arrey , Mishraji i am not correcting you , am only providing more information to help everyone understand things better. I don't even know what point you were trying to make .:(( All average brent prices you seek are available in the link i provided. Regarding prices at the pump : Short term prices of Brent crude are less relevant to domestic price of crude , Since the procurers enter into long term futures contracts. Indian Oil refiners are known to have some of the lowest costs of production in the world .

Another Henman moment?? Stop telling stories. Other than army man one' date=' rest all are crap.[/quote'] Eloquently putting things in English may give you edge while arguing immeasurable thing. You dont need to argue on measurable recorded facts. Once more, Henman was probably in same league as that of the two sister. I aint gonna change this view cos I seen them both play. You can keep coming with playong one handed with cigar in mouth to beat Sisters. I wont change my mind :hehe:

I will try to make a larger point : The average price of a barrel of Oil was around $ 27.7 during the years when NDA was in power. Brent Crude was in excess of $ 110 when UPA exited . An increase of almost 4 times in 10 years .Indian demand for crude also doubled. The rise in Oil prices from 2003-04 to 2014 (after USA invaded Iraq) was the second biggest since the Oil Shock of the 70's . The 2nd Biggest in EIGHTY YEARS ! Oil_Prices_Since_1861.svg Notice the spike in International price of Crude oil during the UPA years ? How did India manage this huge increase in demand for dollars for Oil imports for a rapidly growing economy ? A near Quadrupling of Exports and manifold increase in FDI helped , among other things.

I will try to make a larger point : The average price of a barrel of Oil was around $ 27.7 during the years when NDA was in power. Brent Crude was in excess of $ 110 when UPA exited . An increase of almost 4 times in 10 years .Indian demand for crude also doubled. The rise in Oil prices from 2003-04 to 2014 (after USA invaded Iraq) was the second biggest since the Oil Shock of the 70's . The 2nd Biggest in EIGHTY YEARS ! Oil_Prices_Since_1861.svgNotice the spike in International price of Crude oil during the UPA years ? How did India manage this huge increase in demand for dollars for Oil imports for a rapidly growing economy ? A near Quadrupling of Exports and manifold increase in FDI helped , among other things.
Where? How much oil did we import in terms of dollars and gallons? U got a graph for that? Diesel was subsidized for farming. Kerosene was subsidized for domestic use. You will also need a graph for relative usage in farming villages and industry vs vehcles on Road.

The Indian Basket of Crude oil is based on the weighted average of Middle East sour grades* (Dubai and Oman) and the North Sea Brent sweet grade* of London. The ratio of actual sour and sweet consumption (domestic and imports) by all Indian refiners in the previous year is used as weights in calculating the current price of the Indian basket. The current weights are sour 65.2 per cent, sweet 34.8 per cent. So stop quoting Brent as equal to price of crude in India.

Eloquently putting things in English may give you edge while arguing immeasurable thing. You dont need to argue on measurable recorded facts. Once more, Henman was probably in same league as that of the two sister. I aint gonna change this view cos I seen them both play. You can keep coming with playong one handed with cigar in mouth to beat Sisters. I wont change my mind :hehe:
Mishraji.. I am not as eloquent in story telling as you are. Have to learn from you. In between you keep believing that Williams sisters used to defeat Henman for fun and also believe that you have wings and you can fly. Who stops you..!!

2lk2su9.jpg
Dear Mr. Selective Death Penalty Opponent, Here is yet another example of how your spin theory tries to manipulate facts. The price of brent crude oil per barrel reached $147 on one day and one day only. That was the maximum price brent crude sold for. You are projecting that price as though it was the average durring MMS' tenure. Conveniently brent crude oil price of $45 per barrel is the minimum reached under the Modi administration (probably not even reached $45) Misrepresentation of facts # 1. You also fail to mention that India had heavy fuel subsidies in place until very recently. During this time, due to the fuel subsidies in place, India's fiscal deficit reached historic levels. Modi government has almost eliminated most fuel subsidies. Misrepresentation of facts # 2. The price of petrol at the pump is influenced by local factors too. As you might know, AAP government in Delhi increased VAT on petrol by Rs. 3/- in order to fund (at least partly) Ashish Khetan's elevation to a minister despite having reached the maximum limit. Misrepresentation of facts # 3. Crude oil price is shown in $ and price of petrol in rupees? Do you even realize the difference in exchange rates. Misrepresentation of facts # 4. FOOTNOTE: Neither did MMS nor is Modi ruling India. This "ruling" mentality can only come from a Kejri-bhakt whose master thinks he is ruling Delhi and can do whatever he wants disregarding the Constitution of India.

Mishraji.. I am not as eloquent in story telling as you are. Have to learn from you. In between you keep believing that Williams sisters used to defeat Henman for fun and also believe that you have wings and you can fly. Who stops you..!!
Ragahavji, keep on using paintbrush to draw pie in sky. Or showing everyone fabulous pics of pie in sky. Its called moon. On second thought, Its already friday evening. Have a good weekend.

Guj Govt issues show cause notice to suspended IPS officer for "alleged" adultery :

The Gujarat government has issued a show cause notice to suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt after its Home Department received a complaint against him based on an alleged “sex videoâ€. The notice, seeking an explanation within 10 days from Bhatt for allegedly having a “relationship with a woman other than his wifeâ€, was delivered on August 14 after the complaint was received along with a pen drive containing the 11-minute clip.
Sanjay Joshi was also a target of these same tactics. http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/ips-officer-sanjiv-bhatt-who-took-on-gujarat-govt-asked-to-explain-video-with-woman/#sthash.JM6yvyRf.dpuf