Delhi court summons Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi in National Herald case

Tiger80

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1090911/jsp/frontpage/story_11479960.jsp

Is this simply about real estate?

National Herald, Jawaharlal Nehru’s dream project founded in 1938 and the Congress’s voice for many years, has resumed publication from Indore, but nobody in the party seems to be aware of it.

Documents with the office of Indore additional district magistrate Narayan Patidar, who is empowered to sanction publications from the city, include a letter from The Associated Journals Ltd, New Delhi, National Herald’s parent company, authorising the newspaper’s publication and use of the “National Herald” title.

What is intriguing is that the letter is dated June 5, 2008, two months after Vora asked all National Herald employees to opt for a compulsory retirement scheme.

The paper is being published from a tract at Indore’s Press Complex, surrounded by several newspaper offices. Local authorities said the 22,000sqft plot in the prime Palasia area was obtained by Associated Journals at a concessional rate from the Indore Development Authority in the early nineties when P.V. Narasimha Rao was Prime Minister.

Edited by diga

Who buys a 90 cr debt for charity and pardon the debt while the assets are over 2000 cr? This 90 cr gapla is small change for Congress Party. That is the same amount each Minister pays to the party/high command to get a ministeral berth.

As Subbu Swami said, this is the only case so far, in which the documentary evidence has Maino and Raul signatures... In every other cases they've ensured that poor MMS signs, on their behalf...

Con party is asking which shareholders are raising complaints?...now we got one..

Associated Journals Ltd shareholder Shanti Bhushan to challenge ‘illegal’ deal

rmer law minister Shanti Bhushan has initiated the process to challenge the "wholly illegal" transfer of shares of Associated Journals Ltd (AJL) to Sonia-Rahul Gandhi controlled private firm Young Indian Limited (YIL) which has Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul as directors.

Bhushan said he had inherited over 300 AJL shares which his father had bought in 1938.`

"My father had taken the shares in 1938 in his name. I have initiated the process for substitution of his legal heirs as owners of those shares," Bhushan told TOI.

Asked if he would challenge the transfer of AJL shares to YIL, Bhushan said, "Very surely I will challenge it in court. This transfer of shares is wholly illegal."

This will give a completely new dimension to the raging controversy over the trial court summoning Sonia and Rahul on a case filed by BJP member Subramanian Swamy who had challenged the transfer of AJL ownership rights to YIL and called it illegal. Congress has questioned Swamy's locus standi to move the court, and has emphasized that nobody has complained against the controversial switch of ownership to YIL in which Sonia and Rahul together own 76% shares.

My father had 10 children. Three of them have passed away. I have to get the signatures of their legal heirs for substituting my father's name with ours as owners of these 300 shares," Bhushan said.

Asked when he would challenge the transfer, he said, "This process of getting signatures of legal heirs will take some time. But surely I will challenge this illegal transfer of AJL shares."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Associated-Journals-Ltd-shareholder-Shanti-Bhushan-to-challenge-illegal-deal/articleshow/50130056.cms

Edited by bulbul

^gurumurthy is a financial genius.. he is the one who wrote on Reliance in Ind express in the 1980s and uncovered the violation of Indian laws. He has mediated in bajaj family disputes too. Wait for more ;-)

Edited by diga

Sonia, Rahul Gandhi may not seek bail in National Herald Case: Sources

"According to sources within the Congress party, both Sonia and Rahul are 'willing to go to jail to prove their innocence

Now, that is the quote of the year. It is mind-boggling. You now go to jail to seen innocent, that's the propaganda being done by sickulars, anti-nationalists like Gandhis, Kejriwals..

^absolutely.. now with the alliance of the corrupt blocking everything in the parliament, GST has been a dream for two sessions .Seriously isnt there anyone in Congress/opposition who has some balls?

Edited by diga

^^ Dramabaazi from Gandhis - saying they will not apply for bail. The court is yet to order for their arrest, its only summoned them. Every news source saying that they are ready to accept jail term when there is no warrant nor a conviction.This is how you mislead the nation