I don't know who is Sachin Tendulkar : Maria Sharapova

BlueBee

In response of this I just have to post Maria Sharapova's record against Serena Williams in last 10 or so years :-). On a different note, I am not really surprised she doesn't know who Sachin is for couple of reasons: 1. She has no association with Cricket in anyways and wouldn't have mingled much with the population that knows Sachin. 2. She is not known to be a very aware person and carries an image of being on dumber side. I recall there was a discussion on whether women should also be asked to play 5-setters, many women players gave politically correct answer while Sharapova blurted out simply - oh no I would be very very tired if I have to play a five setter.
There may be so many sports people who may not have heard of Sachin. Won't make them dumb. She may be dumb. Not because of this. She knows Sania. Not everyone knows everything. You are talking as if she is Paris hilton who is living off of hr dad's money. Our insecurity leaps like cobra anytime we don't get recognized . We lose rational thinkking start abusing the player. If Sania had said i don't know sachin it somewhat makes sense. Putting If they really think she is dumb then trying to demand apolog from her make them even dumber. WHat is even dumber is putting out sachin tendulkar's statistics in her page.. How the heck anyone would understand. Roger Federerr sure knows Sachin. Even he will be befuddled by the stat. That is where our dumbness overtakes Maria's dumbness 100 fold.

I have to agree with raghav. .....she came from an immigrant and low income family and sharapova succeeding in tennis was their get out of poverty card. But having said she is an arrogant woman and add dumbness to it takes away all the admiration one has for her Anyways sachins role model was mcnroe and he knows Federer so sharapova will be eventually be forgotten.....I mean graf, Navratilova, Williams sisters, Billie Jean are in a seperates league. Maria will just be a stat that had her highs much like a clijsters or Justin Henin. Or she might be remembered in a sabatini or kournikova type even though not fair to her but she will never be a atg
She is gazillion better than your Andhra wala Sania :finger: both lookiwise and talentwise

I agree with Kohli_fan, Kerala should secede (of course after purging traitors like Slickr). Maybe kerala army should also take Sachin with us, after all, we are the original God's own country Of course, Kohli_fan will be given a 100 lashes first for having Kohli in his name instead of Sachin's and thereby insulting Sachin
Take ur leader Sree saath with you :nice:

I have to agree with raghav. .....she came from an immigrant and low income family and sharapova succeeding in tennis was their get out of poverty card. But having said she is an arrogant woman and add dumbness to it takes away all the admiration one has for her Anyways sachins role model was mcnroe and he knows Federer so sharapova will be eventually be forgotten.....I mean graf, Navratilova, Williams sisters, Billie Jean are in a seperates league. Maria will just be a stat that had her highs much like a clijsters or Justin Henin. Or she might be remembered in a sabatini or kournikova type even though not fair to her but she will never be a atg
well that is just not true. The fact that they had the resources to move to the US when she was a kid for the sole purpose of giving and hiring the best coaching they could offer to a child shows money wasnt a big issue for them

I am more surprised at the reaction of people than the fact that Sarapova does not know who Sachin is :ohmy: Whats the big deal if She does not know SRT. Cricket is not a global game. I have met people who don't even know a sports called cricket forget about knowing SRT. Why are people so riled up :facepalm: 10 pages for this news :ohmy:

Ok...Though I agree with Stude - the thread should have been closed at that time....Maniac'e been allowed to troll too much here..
Countering this trivial 'news' (abt sharapova, sachin) by the fact Federer knows sachin .... and then say things like "period" , "/thread" :laugh: is funny . dont you think?

Countering this trivial 'news' (abt sharapova' date=' sachin) by the fact Federer knows sachin .... and then say things like "[b']period" , "/thread" :laugh: is funny . dont you think?
Dude! Did you thought that means that :giggle:

Countering this trivial 'news' (abt sharapova' date=' sachin) by the fact Federer knows sachin .... and then say things like "period" , "/thread" :laugh: is funny . dont you think?[/quote'] No :nono: I was also going to post exactly the same but Stuge posted it first :--D