I don't know who is Sachin Tendulkar : Maria Sharapova

BlueBee

Not just a subcontinental mentality French Open: Maria Sharapova says she has never heard of Judy Murray after setting up semi-final date

It was hard to know which was more shocking: watching Maria Sharapova drop the first set 6-1 against the unheralded Spaniard Garbine Muguruza, or hearing her admit in the post-match interview that she had never heard of Judy Murray. As Britain’s Fed Cup captain, the mother of the Wimbledon champion, and a Twitter maven with almost 100,000 followers, Mrs Murray is a significant player on the sporting scene: the first lady of British tennis. But then Sharapova is notorious for staying as far away from the game as possible, except when she is practising or playing. The Russian was once asked if she spent much time around the locker-room, and laughed out loud, explaining: “It’s my least favourite place in the world.†Tuesday’s revelation cropped up after a reporter had aimed an unusual question at the press conference, starting off with a comment that Murray had posted on Twitter: “Sharapova is like a tea bag. Put her into hot water and u’ll find out how strong she is.†This drew a blank look. “Who is that? Sorry I don’t know who Judy Murray is.†Eventually, after some explanation, she said: “She’s very creative. I guess she could have put it many different ways, and she chose the English version.†At least Sharapova could afford to smile after she fought back for a 1-6, 7-5, 6-1 victory that brings up a semi-final against the new blonde on the circuit, Eugenie Bouchard. “Once I got those break points [at the end of the second set], I started feeling like I was in the match again today,†she said. “Eugenie has a very good game and has incredible amount of potential. Success just doesn’t come overnight for anyone: it’s a long-term process.â€

Seriously!!! How the f This is not new for Indians.. In uganda some corner somebody would have broken a ganesh idol. News will be "UGanda is breaking Ganesh Idols" then our internet warriors will be up in their arms. We easily get riled up. It will continue. Throwing hissy fit. If it is a girl it is convenient to abuse her whatever they want.. Dumb B**** , dumb blonde anything goes.

Why are people making derogatory statements about Sachin seriously??? ANyways there is a difference in how likes of SRT,Nadal,Federer,Navaratilova,Graf,Williams sisters,Tiger Woods(in professional interviews),Jordan,Messi,Shumacer,Phelps etc behave and under acheivers like C.Ronaldo,Sharapova etc run their mouth
5 grand slams and an underacheiver ? :nono:

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Media/Slideshow/2013/12/10/9-Sports-Superstars-Youve-Never-Heard 9 super stars you may have never heard of.. sachin tops the list.. It kinda gives you an idea that how Tendulkar can be an unknown guy for many of us. Just go through the list.. tell me you know the others Saina Nehwal is also in the list.
This list is absurd. Kevin Vandam Sport: Fishing Country: United States Annual Income: $915,000 (in 2011) Another sport that hooks competitors with hefty prize packagages, Fishing, has seen master bass fisherman Kevin Vandam reel in over $5.5 million in prize money throughout his career. - See more at: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Media/Slideshow/2013/12/10/9-Sports-Superstars-Youve-Never-Heard?page=8#sthash.4i06MclL.dpuf i doubt anyone in US will have heard of him, leave alone the rest of the world.

This list is absurd. Kevin Vandam Sport: Fishing Country: United States Annual Income: $915,000 (in 2011) Another sport that hooks competitors with hefty prize packagages, Fishing, has seen master bass fisherman Kevin Vandam reel in over $5.5 million in prize money throughout his career. - See more at: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Media/Slideshow/2013/12/10/9-Sports-Superstars-Youve-Never-Heard?page=8#sthash.4i06MclL.dpuf i doubt anyone in US will have heard of him, leave alone the rest of the world.
May be.. that is the point.. if you ask a random US guy and tell him about Sachin he would say the same :cantstop: He is overwhelmingly popular in INdia. But complete unknown entity in lot of countries. He is no schumacher or messi or Federer as those events have much larger following. Cricket may appear to have large following only because some highly populated countries in subcontinent follow that. Even lot of Indians who settled in USA long back don't know many of the current Indian players let alone Sharapova.

May be.. that is the point.. if you ask a random US guy and tell him about Sachin he would say the same :cantstop:
no man my point is any random guy in India will be aware of Sachin, no one in US will be aware of Kevin Vandam ( the guy in the list) who is from that country. Sachin's name should have not been in the list. Sania Nehwal is more appropriate.

May be.. that is the point.. if you ask a random US guy and tell him about Sachin he would say the same :cantstop: He is overwhelmingly popular in INdia. But complete unknown entity in lot of countries. He is no schumacher or messi or Federer as those events have much larger following. Cricket may appear to have large following only because some highly populated countries in subcontinent follow that. Even lot of Indians who settled in USA long back don't know many of the current Indian players let alone Sharapova.
Why do you think cricket is not able to transcend the borders and soccer, boxing, basketball etc are. FFS globally more ppl prolly know that cycling cheat Lance armstrong than sachin

no man my point is any random guy in India will be aware of Sachin' date=' no one in US will be aware of Kevin Vandam ( the guy in the list) who is from that country. Sachin's name should have not been in the list. Sania Nehwal is more appropriate.[/quote'] I very much doubt many americans know about Messi, Ronaldo let alone Sachin. May be they know more about Beckam, Kate middleton

no man my point is any random guy in India will be aware of Sachin' date=' no one in US will be aware of Kevin Vandam ( the guy in the list) who is from that country. Sachin's name should have not been in the list. Sania Nehwal is more appropriate.[/quote'] because fishing is not mainstream even in the US lol. is it mainstream anywhere haha

How many Indians know Ovechkin or Datsyuk?
How many years has Sharapova played in Australia and U.K again??? Also how many people on a % of Global population watch cricket over Ice Hockey? SRT gets VIP treatment at WImbledon every time he visits, ok benefit of doubt that he was never on centre court for a Sharapova game so she may have not come across,but there is something called google,If a guy is getting VIP treatment in WImbledon centre court,first instinct would be to google him rather than making ignorant and dumb statements. Hell I just googled the name of the guys you posted just to respond to a random post on the internet.

Why do you think cricket is not able to transcend the borders and soccer, boxing, basketball etc are. FFS globally more ppl prolly know that cycling cheat Lance armstrong than sachin
Cricket is a complicated sport to learn. Also it is lengthy. In USA it will never become popular as long as baseball is around. Most of the great baseball players from yesteryear i came to know from the references they make in TV serials and movies otherwise i am not a baseball fan. You learn to know about people from sports you don't follow only through this way. No other way. Even if you come across a list "Highest paid sportsman" where they have sachin. if you don't follow the sport. you won't care about him. Otherway you know about Sachin is you have a chance to study Indian culture and you will know about him. Unless Tendulkars name is mentioned in TV programmes or New channels how would anyone care to know about him.

How many years has Sharapova played in Australia and U.K again??? Also how many people on a % of Global population watch cricket over Ice Hockey? SRT gets VIP treatment at WImbledon every time he visits, ok benefit of doubt that he was never on centre court for a Sharapova game so she may have not come across,but there is something called google,If a guy is getting VIP treatment in WImbledon centre court,first instinct would be to google him rather than making ignorant and dumb statements. Hell I just googled the name of the guys you posted just to respond to a random post on the internet.
Why? And how exactly is saying "I don't know him" a dumb statement? Also, most important - Why does it matter so much whether she knows him or not? Why is it such a big deal that a Russian Tennis player living in USA does not know him?