India hint at five-bowler strategy

Pathetic post. If you want to replace rohit then fine. But don't replace him with a mediocre first class player who is only in squad cos daddie is selector. Binny is rubbish. Let me put it simply , this is how bad binny is. Ishant is a muuuuuch better test bowler then him and Raina is a muuuuuuch better test bat then him. And if either of them were in team all would go nuts (ishant is in team and we are all going nuts). Yet despite this people want Binny!!! Madness
Only other player that can replace Rohit is Gambhir,who himself has technical issues.Or maybe Ashwin if the pitch is dry.I want that too.
an international batting team consists of two types of players 1. established cricketers over average of 40+. 2. developing cricketers who are perceived to have the talent to reach such standards. many of our current guys come under 2. (ofcourse many in this forum like to deride those under 2 but it does not mean they are right or informed ....that's for another day) . if rohit does not meet the standards of 40 average given sufficient time, he has to go. mediocre players like binny with a 36 FC average at the age of 29 have no business being even under 2.
so you'd keep Rohit in the hope of him flowering one day although hes currently show no signs of that.You'd use this series as a development exercise for him? Thats where I said I am thinking short term.Atleast theoretically,Binny can contribute more given the conditions and hence help us better in this series.Development exercises can take place later
so you'd keep Rohit in the hope of him flowering one day although hes currently show no signs of that.You'd use this series as a development exercise for him? Thats where I said I am thinking short term.Atleast theoretically,Binny can contribute more given the conditions and hence help us better in this series.Development exercises can take place later
and what will Bunny contribute?
he can do the job Mathews did in bowling.runs wise both Rohit and him will fail most likely' date=so everything is a bonus. However if its dry,Ashwin will be best option
Are u joking or what.Just because his bangla batsman could not play his halftrackers does not mean english will struggle.He does not swing it much and just angles it in.
Are u joking or what.Just because his bangla batsman could not play his halftrackers does not mean english will struggle.He does not swing it much and just angles it in.
he does get decent outswing,obviously at 125-130 kph only.will be aided by conditions here.Bangla batsmen were playing Yadav easily so it wasnt that easy.atleast he was accurate
he does get decent outswing' date='obviously at 125-130 kph only.will be aided by conditions here.Bangla batsmen were playing Yadav easily so it wasnt that easy.atleast he was accurate[/quote'] On that pitch where the ball was stopping binny pace was ideal and he bowled half trackers nothing else which bangla batsman played stupid shots to.He just angles it in.Its not about pace comparing him to matthews who is consistent and quicker.

Even in practice match binny got a wicket He was always under bowled I m not trying to say that I m im pressed with binny But his performance s are speaking.. He scored 82 not out too at a brisk pace... I beleive he is very confident in batting at this Moment and he will come to bat probably at 6 Or 7...I beleive he could get some easy runs I also believe that he is a decent batsman. ..but His dibble do by bowlers may not suceed....

On that pitch where the ball was stopping binny pace was ideal and he bowled half trackers nothing else which bangla batsman played stupid shots to.He just angles it in.Its not about pace comparing him to matthews who is consistent and quicker.
Mathews is not quicker,both are in 125-130 kph range. Also Binny gets outswing to RHBs,due to which he has even open bowling for RR in IPL
Even in practice match binny got a wicket He was always under bowled I m not trying to say that I m im pressed with binny But his performance s are speaking.. He scored 82 not out too at a brisk pace... I beleive he is very confident in batting at this Moment and he will come to bat probably at 6 Or 7...I beleive he could get some easy runs I also believe that he is a decent batsman. ..but His dibble do by bowlers may not suceed....
yes 82 against county second eleven. Fantastic. Bunny feels good, get him in

The Praveen Kumar guide to bowling in England:haha: There weren't too many Indians who could remember the 2011 tour to England fondly, but Praveen Kumar, who was thrust with the mantle of leading the bowling, responded by becoming the team's top wicket-taker. Speaking to Saneep Dwivedi, of the Indian Express, he explains how English conditions might not necessarily remain batting-friendly, even if they start out so, and the importance of having specific plans, like the one that almost worked on Kevin Pietersen. "So I started with a series of balls that moved away from the off stump and this was followed by an in-coming effort ball on the legs. And all through the plan Dhoni had placed Rahulbhai (Rahul Dravid) as the leg-slip. Pietersen fell for the plan. After being starved of his favourite shot, he flicked the faster in-coming ball," he says before revealing the anti-climax end. "The ball fell just short of Rahulbhai. Had it travelled a bit more we could have got a big wicket." Pietersen, on 49 at that point, went on to score a double hundred.

so you'd keep Rohit in the hope of him flowering one day although hes currently show no signs of that.You'd use this series as a development exercise for him?
binny is not fit to tie the shoelaces of either Matthews or rohit.... your views are in the realm of fantasy ...not reality at all.
Thats where I said I am thinking short term.Atleast theoretically,Binny can contribute more given the conditions and hence help us better in this series.
are you joking or what? this is a side in transition...NO TIME TO LOSE there is some other player who can have valuable exposure in England or someone like gambhir who can make a comeback what 's the use of mediocre players? wastage of time and space. he will just waste our time like vinay and joshi did
if it was that easy' date='Kohli and Pujara should have scored doubles,no?[/quote'] Here we go. So wtf have kohli and pujara got to do with this:hysterical: Don't mention binny in the same sentence as those two class acts. Everyones gone IPL mad, forgotten what true class cricket is. I had another poster justifying dhonis overseas record by comparing what he has done to Dravid in NZ!!! Insanity Runs against county second 11 and that means should be in test team. No wonder you used to always defend dhoni, this is the current modern indian fan!!
Here we go. So wtf have kohli and pujara got to do with this:hysterical: Don't mention binny in the same sentence as those two class acts. Everyones gone IPL mad, forgotten what true class cricket is. I had another poster justifying dhonis overseas record by comparing what he has done to Dravid in NZ!!! Insanity Runs against county second 11 and that means should be in test team. No wonder you used to always defend dhoni, this is the current modern indian fan!!
You implied that playing county side would have been a cakewalk,didnt you?so our top 2 batsmen should have absolutely thrashed them,no?that didnt quite happen.So that shows his runs werent as meaningless as you are implying. What to do,I am not as intelligent as you :(( hardly anyone has foresight as good as you :hail:http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=127151