India hint at five-bowler strategy

Replace ishanth with Aaron. Rest of the bowling attack is fine. You need 5 bowlers. Period. I don't know why anyone should pick rohit. Binny's batting is more than good enough compared to Nohit. But the burning issue is ishant Sharma, isn't he? Giving high blood pressure to millions and millions of fans. Lol.
Lol @ Bunny's batting being better than that of Rohit..

My five bowlers will be Aaron, Shami, Pankaj, BK, Binny as a batting all rounder is our best option for now , Shami, Pankaj, BK can all move the ball and Aaron can bowl aggressively , Binny can fill in and hopefully get a wicket or two. If Dhoni is dumb as always and wants to play a spinner then Biny can be replaced, I hope we don't ever see Ishant play for India unless he has a major turn around which is very unlikely as if you cannot learn how to bowl in 55 tests you never will.

Lol @ Bunny's batting being better than that of Rohit..
Why not? What has Rohit achieved in his career? Binny can have a better impact on the game than Nohit. At least binny can chip in with his bowling if he fails in batting.. Rohit has nothing to offer. He is bound to get single digit scores in moving conditions.
Welll actually you have a point. If we are desperate to play 5 bowlers and pick an all rounder, then fatwin is better option As Ashwin at least in one of the depts, could get in to the team, that's in dept of bowling..
Even as batsman alone I trust him much more than rohit

Let's not write Binny off. I know he is not any world beater, but sometimes smart bowling and a couple of wickets can help the team. Remember Sanajy Bangar during the England tour of 2002? I don't think he was all that great bowler, but he did help us out during that Headingley test in '02. Similarly, if used properly, Binny can be handy and help the seamers. Heck even Ganguly bowled well in the first test of '06 England tour. Let's try out binny. You never know he might dish out some surprise and help our bowling attack.

Have you seen binny bat? If not also check out his FC record, does not even average above 40! A pathetic 36. And you guys think will score runs against Anderson and Johnson!!!
He averages much better this season in Ranjis. Lets wait and watch before we jump the gun. If we fails in the first test, our "talented" Nohit can come back and replace him. Its not like Nohit is going to set the world on fire in England.
Have you seen binny bat? If not also check out his FC record, does not even average above 40! A pathetic 36. And you guys think will score runs against Anderson and Johnson!!!
Rohit sharma plays for Mumbai..yes but does he lay Clouderson and Broad better...
Let's not write Binny off. I know he is not any world beater, but sometimes smart bowling and a couple of wickets can help the team. Remember Sanajy Bangar during the England tour of 2002? I don't think he was all that great bowler, but he did help us out during that Headingley test in '02. Similarly, if used properly, Binny can be handy and help the seamers. Heck even Ganguly bowled well in the first test of '06 England tour. Let's try out binny. You never know he might dish out some surprise and help our bowling attack.
Jeez thought we had moved on from such mediocrity as bangar and prabhakar, these bits and pieces rubbish, jack of all trades master of none. O well looks like some want to rewind the clock! We really don't get test cricket do we. Fans want trundlers and bits and pieces players. while other nations looking for genuine wicket taking fast bowlers and genuine all rounders. Golden rule if you want to pick a player as allrounder for Tests. Then they must be good enough to get in to the team in one of the depts of bowler or batsman. Binny is not good enough to get in to the team as bowler or batsman, in fact no were near good enough!
Playing 5 bowlers and including Binny in that list:hysterical: Well if that's the bench mark India always played 5 bowlers whn ganguly was in the team as Binny and gangulys bowling is about the same. Only difference is Ganguly could bat while binny cant even do that!!! No way will binny play. Even dhoni is not that stupid and corrupt. Or is he?
KT why dont you start a Binny will fail miserably in England 2014 test thread..:two_thumbs_up: