Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

ok now that your question has been answered, Can you show me any one full test innings where a pak bowler bowled with an average pace of 140 or more ?.

1 innings ??  2 from the same match .

Wahab riaz helped Pakistan win the oval test and level the series 2-2 by bowling rockets reaching speeds of 156 kph in a test match .

1st innings .

20180123_234858.png

Edited by the don
24 minutes ago, the don said:

Its not uncommon at all . Infact starc in the very match averaged higher speeds along with wahab riaz in that same tournament . Two of several bowlers to average that sort of pace from different countries.

20180123_231911.png 

Umesh has lost pace and bumrah is India's quickest bowler these days .

Starc has been the quickest pacer in the world in the last few years ... but even he averages 90 mph only on occasions. ( although he did it frequently in that WC  )

Wahab averaged 145 k in only 1 out of the 7 matches in WC 15 .... averaged less than 142 k in all the other 6 matches although he was bowling quite quickly in that tournament ... showing that 145 k average speed is not common in 50-over or 5-day format.

Umesh was regularly bowling 138 k to 148 k even 9 months back ... he is most probably carrying a niggle now and not playing most matches.

Edited by express bowling
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Starc has been the quickest pacer in the world in the last few years ... but even he averages 90 mph only on occasions.

Wahab averaged 145 k in only 1 out of the 7 matches in WC 15 .... averaged less than 142 k in all the other 6 matches although he was bowling quite quickly in that tournament ... showing that 145 k average speed is not common in 50-over or 5-day format.

Umesh was regularly bowling 138 k to 148 k even 9 months back ... he is most probably carrying a niggle now and not playing most matches.

Have seen several bowlers from various countries do that . Its not common but certainly not as rare as one match out of a gazillion.

4 minutes ago, the don said:

^ @Vilander 2nd innings from the same match .

So 150 kph plus in both innings of a test match .

Source : Icc website .

Ps : this i.6 mb rule sucks.

20180123_235841.png

Average pace of 141 is not 90mph! Newsflash! btw, please show me which test match this is. For all we know, this could be a 1 over match being played in some godforsaken land

4 minutes ago, the don said:

^ 2nd innings from the same match .

So 150 kph plus in both innings of a test match .

20180123_235841.png

that is quick for a test game, Wahab the only real pacer that you guys have. I did not think there was any test game where a pak pacer bowled faster than 140 average, so there was one game.

there is plenty of these for Indians you can check the post from EB a few pages prior, but Shami hit 151 in one game and Umesh 149.x other wise its all around 148-149 peak speed. But average speed of 142 has been superceded

11 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Average pace of 141 is not 90mph! Newsflash! btw, please show me which test match this is. For all we know, this could be a 1 over match being played in some godforsaken land

Ffs have clearly mentioned the game .

Oval test match vs england . Helped pak to 2-2 and reached speeds of 156 kph .

That is proper express for test cricket .

We were talking 90mph average for limited overs . Has happened on several occasions . In the very same worldcup infact.

Edited by the don
16 minutes ago, Vilander said:

that is quick for a test game, Wahab the only real pacer that you guys have. I did not think there was any test game where a pak pacer bowled faster than 140 average, so there was one game.

there is plenty of these for Indians you can check the post from EB a few pages prior, but Shami hit 151 in one game and Umesh 149.x other wise its all around 148-149 peak speed. But average speed of 142 has been superceded

Look we make fun of these guys but wahab is definitely not the only quick around even though he is the quickest from Asia at the international level since Akhtar and Sami . Doubt a quartet has bowled faster as a combination in recent times .

Plenty of quicks around . Its all about fielding the right ones and finding a good balance.

20180124_002306.png.82f4c6f35a1cfbe1c548acd6337df984.png

I am the biggest critic of the pakistani pace attack and selection of pacers but lettuce be cereal.

18 minutes ago, the don said:

Ffs have clearly mentioned the game .

Oval test match vs england . Helped pak to 2-2 and reached speeds of 156 kph .

That is proper express for test cricket .

We were talking 90mph average for limited overs . Has happened on several occasions . In the very same worldcup infact.

Please show the whole screenshot. :)) Cant really take a cut out for a proof, can we? 156 is obviously express by any standards. No wonder why people know that Srinath was express and was way faster than those 2 trundlers, Wasim and Waqar in their prime... Thats obviously after Srinath was hitting 157k's. ( without chucking ).

Too bad that this joke of a bowler Wahab, has to consistently come into the picture to save pakistanis of the embarassment when they have to compare their bowlers to Indian bowlers. The only Pakistani bowler who is somewhat closer to Indian bowlers in pace, in some patches. 

4 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Please show the whole screenshot. :)) Cant really take a cut out for a proof, can we? 156 is obviously express by any standards. No wonder why people know that Srinath was express and was way faster than those 2 trundlers, Wasim and Waqar in their prime... Thats obviously after Srinath was hitting 157k's. ( without chucking ).

Too bad that this joke of a bowler Wahab, has to consistently come into the picture to save pakistanis of the embarassment when they have to compare their bowlers to Indian bowlers. The only Pakistani bowler who is somewhat closer to Indian bowlers in pace, in some patches. 

Naa not interested in proving anything whatsoever . 

Lol srinath was slower than razzaq . Refer to my India /pak pace thread . Wasnt fit to tie the two W's shoelaces.

Naa im not comparing no bowlers to the indian ones , thats disrespectful to pace legacy of other cricketing nations . 

India were pretty much a non entity till now when it comes to pace bowling . So i wouldnt compare . I was just dispelling myths.  Now go back to sleep.

Just now, the don said:

Naa not interested in proving anything whatsoever . 

Lol srinath was slower than razzaq . Refer to my India /pak pace thread . Wasnt fit to tie the two W's shoelaces.

Naa im not comparing no bowlers to the indian ones , thats disrespectful to pace legacy of other cricketing nations . 

India were pretty much a non entity till now when it comes to pace bowling . So i wouldnt compare . I was just dispelling myths.  Now go back to sleep.

Hahaha.. Prove karne ki aayi, to fat gayi! :bumsmack: 

Go back to watching your trundlers getting thrashed on bowling wickets of NZ.. Yaar, sharam ki bhi limit hoti hai. Kitni beizzati karwaoge? Fir bologe ki Indians ka dil bada nahi hota hai... :) 

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This was a T20 match... just 4 over spells

Problem with Pakistani pacers these days is that they trundle in test matches.

Dont think a quartet has bowled as quick in any format in the last few years or have they ?? 

I dont remember any bowler from any nation other than australia and pakisran exceeding 156 kph in test matches in the last few years   plenty of trundlers around.

3 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Hahaha.. Prove karne ki aayi, to fat gayi! :bumsmack: 

Go back to watching your trundlers getting thrashed on bowling wickets of NZ.. Yaar, sharam ki bhi limit hoti hai. Kitni beizzati karwaoge? Fir bologe ki Indians ka dil bada nahi hota hai... :) 

18 -1 . Because spinnera cant win matches abroad eh ?

What proof do you want ?? Go to the icc website and check the speeds since you obviously dont have a life.

Edited by the don
53 minutes ago, the don said:

^ @Vilander 2nd innings from the same match .

150 kph plus in both innings of a test match .

So how often do the Indian boys hit 150 kph in both innings of a test match .

20180123_235841.png

dude why are you quoting t20 games in test ?

Bowling 4 overs is not same as bowling 30 overs. this is the problem with pakistani folks, they always seem to take the short cut.

7 minutes ago, the don said:

18 -1 . Because spinnera cant win matches abroad eh ?

What proof do you want ?? Go to the icc website and check the speeds since you obviously dont have a life.

Hahaha.. If I have to go the ICC website, what are you doing here? :) I think the cut out u posted is a photoshop done by you. Infact I am convinced you are a liar :)

10 minutes ago, the don said:

Dont think a quartet has bowled as quick in any format in the last few years or have they ?? 

As I said, Pakistanis try to bowl quick only in the shortest format these days....   ( a format where variations are more important than speed  ).  That should worry Pakistani fans.

10 minutes ago, the don said:

I dont remember any bowler from any nation other than australia and pakisran exceeding 156 kph in test matches in the last few years   plenty of trundlers around.

Are you seriously not worried that near-retirement Wahab is the only Pakistani bowling quick in test matches in the last few years  ?

24 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Hahaha.. If I have to go the ICC website, what are you doing here? :) I think the cut out u posted is a photoshop done by you. Infact I am convinced you are a liar :)

https://www.icc-cricket.com/match/3620#hawk-eye_bowl-speeds

Lords test match .

Go check the oval test too while you are at it

https://www.icc-cricket.com/match/3623#hawk-eye_bowl-speeds

Wahab hit 150 kph in pretty much every test innings .

So wahab alonw has hit 150 kph more times in test cricket than all indian bowlers combined  over their history ?? 

Edited by the don