Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Aamir was surely quick and he pitches he ball up which anyways are measured high.He looked quick to the naked eye.One exception is Bumrah he looks far quicker than 135-140ks.I rarely see smith and warner beaten for pace.Bumrah with his wrist action gets extra zip of the track means less reduction of speed so his 140s is more like 145ks.

wahab and Amir are really good pak bowlers and I was happy to notice that wahab was only going for pace and was giving over pitched balls to hit on the cover.

Had wahab bowled at his best scoring 85 runs wud have also bcom difficult.

Sami did not get kohli lbw and he got lucky to get pandya's edge and I believe can be managed.

dangerous bowlers are the 3 left armers....

I liked bumrah and Pandya trying their best..even nehra had got another wicket though not given.

All r are looking good.

this was ideal pitch for Umesh Yadav.

Today, a slower delivery by Irfan was clocked at 139 k  

Afridi bowled some at 100 k + and  I saw a fastest of 107 k.

Even the other Pakistani  spinner was bowling 100 k multiple times.

I think that adds to my assumption. As I speak, I see M Shahzad of UAE bowling, looks like he is bowling at 115 but the speed gun shows 126. I am not refuting that I might well be wrong. 

Asian Cup League match vs Sri Lanka

Speed ranges ( for most deliveries excluding slower balls )

Bumrah  135 k to 140 k .... mostly between 138 k to 140 k.

Pandya  132 k to 142 k

Nehra    135 k to 142 k

Bumrah bowled a very good line and length today.  Moved the ball both ways and got a few deliveries to bounce more than usual ( as he normally does ).  Bowled some good yorkers.  2 for 27 off 4 overs is not bad.

Pandya bowled a very good line around off-stump. Length varied between good-length, full and short when he bowled bouncers. Got good bounce and zip off the deck as usual. Just like the last match, one of his bouncers produced a wicket.  Ended with 2 for 26 off 4 overs...excellent for a batting all-rounder.

Nehra bowled mostly full and got consistent inswing in his first spell. His first 3 overs were very good...but bowled a bad last over.

Edited by express bowling

Asian Cup League match vs Sri Lanka

Speed ranges ( for most deliveries excluding slower balls )

Bumrah  135 k to 140 k .... mostly between 138 k to 140 k.

Pandya  132 k to 142 k

Nehra    135 k to 142 k

Bumrah bowled a very good line and length today.  Moved the ball both ways and got a few deliveries to bounce more than usual ( as he normally does ).  Bowled some good yorkers.  2 for 27 off 4 overs is not bad.

Pandya bowled a very good line around off-stump. Length varied between good-length, full and short when he bowled bouncers. Got good bounce and zip off the deck as usual. Just like the last match, one of his bouncers produced a wicket.  Ended with 2 for 26 off 4 overs...excellent for a batting all-rounder.

Nehra bowled mostly full and got consistent inswing in his first spell. His first 3 overs were very good...but bowled a bad last over.

Thanks for that, Pandya was impressive, heard Shoaib say that he'll need to develop variations, hopefully he'll be able to build on this. 

Nehra looks not just a pace bowler but an expert like zaheer....an artist like zaheer.

Umesh n Aaron need to learn under Nehra.

Bumrah is learning a lot bowling with nehra.

Exactly. That's why I think Nehra should be included in the test team for 1 yr. He needs to mentor these kids and Nehra still has it in him to bowl more than decent. 

Actually, our bowling is not so bad. We have been playing minus our best bowlers ( sami ) for about an year, and still holding on. I still believe a combination of Ishant, Umesh, Aaron is a lethal combination, if played under Kohli.

With the addition of Bumrah and Pandya, its more than sufficient. Nehra if added to the attack, is no less than a dangeroud overall attack.

In retrospect, Pakistani bowling is overrated. Amir is absolutely a gem. But Wahab, irfan are totally over rated and average bowlers. Sami is in his last leg, and even at his best he is not going to give sleepless nights to batsmen. So overall, the whole Pakistan team is playing with just one player right now.

Exactly. That's why I think Nehra should be included in the test team for 1 yr. He needs to mentor these kids and Nehra still has it in him to bowl more than decent. 

Actually, our bowling is not so bad. We have been playing minus our best bowlers ( sami ) for about an year, and still holding on. I still believe a combination of Ishant, Umesh, Aaron is a lethal combination, if played under Kohli.

With the addition of Bumrah and Pandya, its more than sufficient. Nehra if added to the attack, is no less than a dangeroud overall attack.

In retrospect, Pakistani bowling is overrated. Amir is absolutely a gem. But Wahab, irfan are totally over rated and average bowlers. Sami is in his last leg, and even at his best he is not going to give sleepless nights to batsmen. So overall, the whole Pakistan team is playing with just one player right now.

Nehra doesnt play FC cricket for Delhi anymore because he cannot last 4-day cricket due to his fitness issues. How is he going to play a test match?

Nehra doesnt play FC cricket for Delhi anymore because he cannot last 4-day cricket due to his fitness issues. How is he going to play a test match?

Are you sure its because of fitness issue? I am not so sure about it, but if you some solid proof on this, I will be more than glad to change my opinion.

Anyone who is playing international cricket and representing their country can't be in such a bad shape that they can't play for fitness reason.

Are you sure its because of fitness issue? I am not so sure about it, but if you some solid proof on this, I will be more than glad to change my opinion.

Anyone who is playing international cricket and representing their country can't be in such a bad shape that they can't play for fitness reason.

yes, it is because of fitness. He himself asked Delhi selectors to not consider him for Ranji trophy. He only wanted to concentrate on LOIs. Even in list- A, he does not play all the matches. It is me who is saying this what more solid proof you want. :winky:

Regarding the bold part, Malinga and Shaun Tait are examples who only plays LOIs and dont play any FC or test cricket any more due to fitness issues. Bowling 4 overs cant be compared to rigors of test cricket.

Thanks for that, Pandya was impressive, heard Shoaib say that he'll need to develop variations, hopefully he'll be able to build on this. 

Pandya bowling is under rated.He has the baics right..can bowl 140 kmph,has good bouncer, can bowl Yorkers,also bowl slower ones & has ability to pick wickets

In Asia cup  he has 6 wickets with good economy rate.Dhoni is also willing to bowl him above his favourite spinners