Bring back Chopra

bharat297

I agree , its swing and not extra bounce and pace that is Jaffer's main threat. If he can ride it till the swing dies, he can really cash in the Aussie pitches and with their type of bowlers. Jaffer quite comfortable playing back of length balls , which is what both Clark and Johnson bowl. Lee could be threat to him, his length is much fuller. I back to Karthik to succeed too. That guys' talent is much under-estimated, so is his mental toughness. IMO, he has done brilliantly in both BD and England. Yes , he has some problems converting his starts into big scores , but i am sure he can work that out. Besides , the test series against Pak will give a VERY good idea.

But half volleys and full tosses don't trouble Jaffer. Just don't tell Bung. :D
Not sure Salil , Lee was the STANDOUT bowler in the first test, took wickets and was economical. If i have noticed correctly , Lee seems to have put on a bit of mass , looks much stronger and fitter and is running in hard and is cranking up the speedo quite a bit. Something for us to take notice of.
I agree , its swing and not extra bounce and pace that is Jaffer's main threat. If he can ride it till the swing dies, he can really cash in the Aussie pitches and with their type of bowlers. Jaffer quite comfortable playing back of length balls , which is what both Clark and Johnson bowl. Lee could be threat to him, his length is much fuller. I back to Karthik to succeed too. That guys' talent is much under-estimated, so is his mental toughness. IMO, he has done brilliantly in both BD and England. Yes , he has some problems converting his starts into big scores , but i am sure he can work that out. Besides , the test series against Pak will give a VERY good idea.
Only if Shoaib can stay fit.
True, I am not sure if Shoaib can bowl at full-tilt for 17-18 overs/day for 3 times in 5 days. I think he may shorten his run-up for his third and fourth spell of the day.
If Akhtar gets it right for even 10 overs, we can kiss the test match goodbye. (as RSA found out earlier this year)
Guest dada_rocks
If Akhtar gets it right for even 10 overs' date=' we can kiss the test match goodbye. (as RSA found out earlier this year)[/quote'] That's why I say Sehwag is must before akhtar wud get it right he will be put in his right place by sehwag's bat........IF u play couple of maiden overs this guy gets emboldened but when he sees egregious shot being hit on pretty decent balls ,well he starts over-trying and there goes akhtar threat out of window...
Guest dada_rocks
yeah man.. even ur little son in that little picture wantz to watch sehwag play.. look how hez eagerly waiting..
:haha:.. who doesn't.. I am sure even those who don't want sehwag love it when he plays
Not sure Salil , Lee was the STANDOUT bowler in the first test, took wickets and was economical. If i have noticed correctly , Lee seems to have put on a bit of mass , looks much stronger and fitter and is running in hard and is cranking up the speedo quite a bit. Something for us to take notice of.
Bung has a good record at the Gabba and traditionally has started decently there, before steadily moving downhill over the course of the season. I will wait until Hobart, where Clark, Chin Stud and Stuey will have to pick up his slack.

Sehwag stays where he is. He is not replacing any one of the middle order batsmen anyway. So rather spend time on solidfying our openers, then worry of MO. Though I completely agrree wity Finey. I would stick to our first two from the last series. I would have more liked to see Akash Chopra in place of KKD. but KKD has not done anything wrong in the last series and Aus bowlers wont be way too different from English bowling. Their spinner is not better than Monty eitger. Sidebottom, James Andy bowled some fearsome bowling this summer. So Aussies attack is not going to be any better. Lee, M Johnson and Clark we can easily deal with. Trust me. but again the key is Jaffy and RD. I aint counting as much on KKD. He needs to prove me wrong. If Jaffy and RD put us beyond 120 in first 40+ overs, we will be through. And I am sure Aussies do recognize this threat. They know Jaffy and RD in the top order with SRT, SG, VVS and Dhoni to follow, this team is what they want to beat at home. And same thing our team recognizes that they have all the amunition to bring the upset. We will have a very good games in Aus this year.

This was not meant to be me doubting KKD or Jaffer, because to me they are the first choice but I am saying Chopra should be there as a backup. He is not in terrible domestic form (averaging 70 odd or something) and recently scored a 239*. But, sometimes I think its important to look past form and look at technique, and temperament as well as experience. Chopra has played against most of the Australian bowlers, and has experience in Australian pitches. Australian pitches will really test your technique , especially with the likes of Lee, Clark, Tait and Johnson. We need someone there who can see off the new ball consistently and get us off to good starts. People with poor techniques get found out very quickly in Australia, particularly openers.

Tell you the truth, players who are technically sound are my first choice in Test matches. So AC would be my choice over KKD. Jaffy and AC would be ideal. But then you have to go by their current form as well. But again thats my personal thing. That is the primary reason why I like RD.