Why people think Harsha Bhogle is a poor commentator?

I used to like listening to him too but now he talks way too much than he should and tries hard to crack a joke which ends up in a disaster. Problem is he tries to crack one too many. Eg: After a batsman hits a 4- M.Holding: 'Runs' 'That's a sweetly timed 4' Harsha: 'ahh...there might be few on this planet earth who could put that away in such fashion, and this guy is a sure candidate. It's a wonderrrrfulllyyy timed shot for 4. It is these kind of shots which makes you wonder why this game of cricket is so beautiful. And with that drive he moves onto a wonderrrrffulll 50'
:rofl: :hatsoff:

Harsha's worst and the most ugly piece of commentary was during 2007 t 20 wc India vs Australia. When Yuvi and Robin uthappa were hitting fours and sixers he said" ohhhh...why do we have boundaries here???!!!. Ohhhh the boundaries are in only in our minds, not on the cricket field". I swear to god, if I was sitting with harsha, I would have strangled him to death.

Harsha's worst and the most ugly piece of commentary was during 2007 t 20 wc India vs Australia. When Yuvi and Robin uthappa were hitting fours and sixers he said" ohhhh...why do we have boundaries here???!!!. Ohhhh the boundaries are in only in our minds, not on the cricket field". I swear to god, if I was sitting with harsha, I would have strangled him to death.
:hysterical::hysterical:
:hysterical::hysterical:
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
I used to like listening to him too but now he talks way too much than he should and tries hard to crack a joke which ends up in a disaster. Problem is he tries to crack one too many. Eg: After a batsman hits a 4- M.Holding: 'Runs' 'That's a sweetly timed 4' Harsha: 'ahh...there might be few on this planet earth who could put that away in such fashion, and this guy is a sure candidate. It's a wonderrrrfulllyyy timed shot for 4. It is these kind of shots which makes you wonder why this game of cricket is so beautiful. And with that drive he moves onto a wonderrrrffulll 50'
Sums it up. Also he tries to match the Australian and English style but he tries too hard and it doesn't come off right in my opinion at least. I mean all the Aussie and English commentators have played the game at least and they have a specialty. Slater as much as he annoys me, knows about opening the batting. Healy knows so much about keeping. Nass and Athers have captaining and batting, Holding has bowling, Warne has bowling and captaining apparently. Harsha doesn't have any of that. Heck Mark Nicholas played a lot of County Cricket.
Oh dear the kind of dissection is unbelievable here. Bhogle is very good as a summarizer and presenter. He is also a very good radio commentator. Better than some of the vindictive chaps like Hussain or artherton who speaks with an agenda in mind.
Agree.....the only issue is harsha will need a good producer to filter him and he will do really well with some of the legends who have a personality of a gold fish. He tends to go ott at times but overall he is actually pretty good.
Oh dear the kind of dissection is unbelievable here. Bhogle is very good as a summarizer and presenter. He is also a very good radio commentator. Better than some of the vindictive chaps like Hussain or artherton who speaks with an agenda in mind.
we are talking about TV commentary I guess
There's many things about him that make me cringe. From his poor jokes to making illogical points
Bhogle sounds very monotonous and insipid. He is the exact anti-thesis of a Siddhu. Also what gets me most :mad: is that Bhogle is so nasal in his diction. One of the mains reasons I've reduced watching cricket.
Bhogle sounds very monotonous and insipid. He is the exact anti-thesis of a Siddhu. Also what gets me most :mad: is that Bhogle is so nasal in his diction. One of the mains reasons I've reduced watching cricket.
But how come you like Shahrukh? He too has nasal voice... :dontknow: