Tendulkar autobiography

Lord

What are we? 3rd graders making poop jokes and making fun of someone having diarrhea :facepalm: The Guy is a hero....try just keeping up with a regular desk job let alone playing a Frikin High-stake world cup game in tough weather conditions and on top of that still excelling in your job when you are suffering from diarrhea

very brave to admit this in public :nice: should have used diapers or tampons ? :hmmm: :cantstop: http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/233458-sachin-tendulkar-battled-upset-stomach-to-score-match-winning-97-in-2003-world-cup?pfrom=home-cricket
now why would he share this. some things are meant to remain private. very idiotic. next we'll read about anjalli having tummy aches or him pre ejaculating :/ also clearly he or the Indian management at the time didn't know abt adult diapers. though my guess would be they weren't comfortable lol

What a :yawn: book! The writing is completely monotonic. It's like "I woke up in the morning, I brushed my teeth, I took a dump then I had my breakfast/lunch and dinner. The tea snacks were great and I like vada paav. Oh and btw, there was an interesting incident in the day - Anjali asked me out :blush:" Just series to series with a little bit of some incident on/off the field. It's more like a diary maintained by someone over the years and even that diary is not completely revealed. 80% of the book could be written by the Tendulkar ICF fans. Complete waste of time! I would disagree with Outsider. This is not even worth gulli-mohalla gossip!

What a :yawn: book! The writing is completely monotonic. It's like "I woke up in the morning' date= I brushed my teeth, I took a dump then I had my breakfast/lunch and dinner. The tea snacks were great and I like vada paav. Oh and btw, there was an interesting incident in the day - Anjali asked me out :blush:" Just series to series with a little bit of some incident on/off the field. It's more like a diary maintained by someone over the years and even that diary is not completely revealed. 80% of the book could be written by the Tendulkar ICF fans. Complete waste of time! I would disagree with Outsider. This is not even worth gulli-mohalla gossip!
Ditto. Unbelievably bland. I don't believe they took three years to write this. Waste of time, money everything. A complete letdown!
What a :yawn: book! The writing is completely monotonic. It's like "I woke up in the morning' date= I brushed my teeth, I took a dump then I had my breakfast/lunch and dinner. The tea snacks were great and I like vada paav. Oh and btw, there was an interesting incident in the day - Anjali asked me out :blush:" Just series to series with a little bit of some incident on/off the field. It's more like a diary maintained by someone over the years and even that diary is not completely revealed. 80% of the book could be written by the Tendulkar ICF fans. Complete waste of time! I would disagree with Outsider. This is not even worth gulli-mohalla gossip!
Ditto. Unbelievably bland. I don't believe they took three years to write this. Waste of time' date=' money everything. A complete letdown![/quote'] I started reading but stopped after a few chapters. There was a great story that could have been told here but the writing was really bad and that completely ruined the book for me. I will try to read it but I don't know whether I will complete it. I hope one day a good writer writes a great biography worth reading.
I started reading but stopped after a few chapters. There was a great story that could have been told here but the writing was really bad and that completely ruined the book for me. I will try to read it but I don't know whether I will complete it. I hope one day a good writer writes a great biography worth reading.
The way Agassi collaborated with Pulitzer Prize winning author JR Moehringer to create a memorable autobiography, Sachin should have done something similar. It is such a lost opportunity. Abhinav Bindra's autobiography 'A Shot at History' (with Rohit Brijnath) will continue to be my favourite autobiography by an Indian sportsman. I hope other Indian cricketers collaborate with good writers when they publish their autobiographies in future.
The way Agassi collaborated with Pulitzer Prize winning author JR Moehringer to create a memorable autobiography, Sachin should have done something similar. It is such a lost opportunity. Abhinav Bindra's autobiography 'A Shot at History' (with Rohit Brijnath) will continue to be my favourite autobiography by an Indian sportsman. I hope other Indian cricketers collaborate with good writers when they publish their autobiographies in future.
Agassi's book is incredible. Easily the best sporting autobiography I have read. From whatever I have read till now, it seems that Boria Majumdar just didn't ask the right questions so the book sort of ended up being a chronicle of events rather than the story of his life. Haven't read Bindra's book. Will check it out. BTW if you haven't already, then read Naseeruddin Shah's book 'and then one day'. Wonderfully written, candid look at his life. Sadly it ended too soon. I hope he writes another one covering the rest of his life.

What a bore fest, it's all about "my century". It's not Sachins story but a report on 100s of his and anybody else's. "I told him to do this and it worked as expected, I suggested this and it worked." Not a single ****ing incident where mr perfect did anything wrong. He doesn't talk about anything slightly controversial, I paid for the book to know about him and what happens in the dressing room, about his relationship with other players but it's just a bunch of scorecards of the games where SRT did well. So much so that I'm tired of hearing "100"

What a bore fest, it's all about my century. It's not Sachins story but a report on 100s of his and anybody else. I told him to do this and it worked as expected, I suggested this and it worked. Not a single ****ing incident where mr perfect did anything wrong. He doesn't talk about anything slightly controversial, I paid for the book to know about him and what happens in the dressing room, about his relationship with other players but it's just a bunch of scorecards of the games where SRT did well. So much so that I'm tired of hearing "100"
only the first few chapters where he talks abt his all too short childhood and some bits abt Anjali are interesting. the rest is a snooze fest. I could either read a geography textbook or this and both would have thhe same effect. thankfully I didn't end up buying this and just 'borrowed' my friend's copy

Desi cartman, I do not completely agree with you since I actually enjoyed reading the book, but I do agree with the part that he kept on talking about things which worked well and how his plans helped the team over and over. I think his main intention was to describe the scenarios and how he dealt with but he has mentioned too many such instance that it instead looks that he is blowing horn about how street smart he was. But I did enjoy some anecdotes and funny memories he shares with us.

Desi cartman, I do not completely agree with you since I actually enjoyed reading the book, but I do agree with the part that he kept on talking about things which worked well and how his plans helped the team over and over. I think his main intention was to describe the scenarios and how he dealt with but he has mentioned too many such instance that it instead looks that he is blowing horn about how street smart he was. But I did enjoy some anecdotes and funny memories he shares with us.
He did talk about some things like a prank here and there and some weird incident but the book is 95% scores and 5% about anything except scores. Why didnt he say anything about match fixing, leadership changes, the nagpur pitch, Azhar, Kapil coaching to name a few. He avoided everything that people would want to know, he talks about Symonds incident but doesnt mention what he spoke with CA on that day. Who in BCCI backed them etc. He has played safe and has released a list of scores.
Cricketics, read Waugh's autobiography as a benchmark and then try to rate this crap. The Chapter in Waugh's book about the '95 WI tour is amazing - where on every page you are living his life and challenges to cope with an almost impossible situation. Then read Tendulkar's 2001 Aussie series chapter to see how shallow it is. Even the 2003 WC match against Pakistan invokes little passion even compared to some of his 2 minute interviews around the match.
Cricketics' date=' read Waugh's autobiography as a benchmark and then try to rate this crap. The Chapter in Waugh's book about the '95 WI tour is amazing - where on every page you are living his life and challenges to cope with an almost impossible situation. Then read Tendulkar's 2001 Aussie series chapter to see how shallow it is. Even the 2003 WC match against Pakistan invokes little passion even compared to some of his 2 minute interviews around the match.[/quote'] Thanks for the reminder. I always wanted to read Waugh's book and ordered it and started it and then forgot on a flight. Time to order it. I feel Tendulkar should have taken sometime to come up with hisbook. Perhaps he came with hsi book a bit early.