Tendulkar autobiography

Lord

Thanks to Michael Clarke and Andrew Hildtich. Sure' date=' Chappel was part of it but no where close to the influence Clarke had. In 2009, Katich had an incident with Clarke and Clarke never gets over it. The same panned out for Michael Hussey too. Had it been ONLY Chappel, Katich would make a comeback once Hilditch went out and Inverarity came in - did NOT happen, thanks to the Clarke.[/quote'] Maybe Clarke had a part, but it was Chappell who directly implemented it. Further his influence was termed "caustic" leading to his ouster from the Aussie dressing room.
autobiographies are supposed to be about yourself no?:dontknow:
:hysterical::hysterical: Exactly! Why are people so butthurt that Tendulkar is actually a human that has a personality and is not a robot? Calm down he has done nothing wrong he is saying everything about his career with his perspective on things. That's the whole point and 24 year career is not sunshine and rainbows. Too much of this "he fooled us" "Me and myself" blah blah blah :hysterical:
:hysterical::hysterical: Exactly! Why are people so butthurt that Tendulkar is actually a human that has a personality and is not a robot? Calm down he has done nothing wrong he is saying everything about his career with his perspective on things. That's the whole point and 24 year career is not sunshine and rainbows. Too much of this "he fooled us" "Me and myself" blah blah blah :hysterical:
O no he's selfish, he's this he's that. He's not the god I thought he was :whine: Now Im gonna cry myself to sleep. That's many people's reaction...in reality there is nothing wrong. Just shows he is a person with a personality and feelings. At the end of the day what matters was his cricket. Not other bs like people often praise others "o he is also so humble" when judging how great a player is in their sport :hysterical: Tendulkar is a cricketing legend. lol @ people feeling "betrayed" by him from this book for being himself and giving his perspective. /thread
Tendulkar has also revealed how hurt and disrespected he felt by the nickname `Little Master'. "I have done so much for Indian cricket, and there have been many players smaller than me," said Tendulkar at the launch of his autobiography earlier today. "When other cricketers get respected nicknames like Dada and Don, it was very humiliating for me to be called little."
:rofl:

Refreshing honesty from Tendulkar on the Multan issue.

“........Sanjay Manjrekar, who was a commentator in Pakistan, turned up in my room. Sanjay said, it had been a brave decision to declare and it was a good sign for Indian cricket. He carried on in that vein until I asked him if he really knew what he was talking about. “I explained to him that he was not aware of what had transpired in the dressing room and arrived at his judgement without knowing the real facts of the matter. I made it clear that I didn’t appreciate his opinion, which I thought was a deliberate attempt to be different.”
Manju :facepalm: Loved how Tendulkar pawned him. Time and again. what an *******
"....Along with that, there is a sense that Tendulkar shared a particularly warm, indulgent relationship with Ganguly and had a relatively more distant rapport with his longest on-field partner Dravid. This is a crucial insight into the Indian dressing room, considering the two were his two most influential peers through a large chunk of his playing days. Tendulkar's light-hearted banter with Ganguly is best reflected in an incident from the third Test against England in Headingley in 2002. "Andrew Flintoff produced another really probing spell. He was bowling into Sourav's body and it was decided that I would face up to him while Sourav, a left-hander, took as much strike as possible against Ashley Giles, who was once again bowling a defensive line to me outside my leg stump," Tendulkar writes. "When we went back for tea to the dressing room, Sourav said, ' Woh beech wale Flintoff ka spell humne kya jhela yaar.' (We did really well to see off Flintoff's spell.) I couldn't resist pulling his leg and jokingly said to him, ' Humne jhela? Saala maine jhela hai! ' (Did we? I was the one who negotiated Flintoff!) The whole dressing room burst out laughing." In contrast, Tendulkar's comparatively strained relationship with Dravid can perhaps be ascertained through how he has linked two declarations-one when Tendulkar was batting on 194 in Multan in 2004 and another when Dravid was close to a century in Sydney earlier that year. "(In Sydney) we were ahead by 231 and now we needed quick runs to give our bowlers time to close out the match," he writes. "Yet again we batted well and Rahul and I were in the middle of a good partnership when Sourav sent two or three messages out to check when we should declare. Rahul was the vice captain of the team and I said to him that it was his decision as much as Sourav's. I was ready to go off whenever they wanted. Rahul was keen to bat on for a little longer and we finally declared just after he was hit on the head by a Brett Lee bouncer when he was on 91 and I was on 60 not out. In hindsight I must say we delayed the declaration too long." Later in the chapter, he recreates the circumstances of how he had been taken by surprise when stand-in captain Dravid decided to declare, with Tendulkar close to a double-century, even though it had been agreed during the tea break that he would have a couple more overs. He talks about Dravid coming to his room the following day to placate him. "Rahul said that the call was taken with the interests of the team in mind. It was important to demonstrate to the Pakistanis that we meant business and were keen to win. I wasn't convinced. First, I said to him that I was batting for the team as well...."
First Review of Playing It My Way: Looking back with Sachin

Sachin Tendulkar was disappointed with Kapil Dev as India coach One of the finest Indian allrounders of all time, Kapil Dev was a "disappointment" when it came to coaching, reveals batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar in his just-released autobiography 'Playing It My Way'. Tendulkar has claimed that he was left disappointed by Kapil during one of the Australia tours since the coach never involved himself in strategic discussions. In the chapter -- Tumultuous Times: India in Australia, November 1999-January 2000 -- Tendulkar has written that he had high expectations from Kapil. "During my second stint as captain, we had Kapil Dev as our coach. He is one of the finest cricketers to have played for India and one of the best allrounders of all time, and I had great expectations of him in Australia. Tendulkar has claimed that he was left disappointed by Kapil during one of the Australia tours since the coach never involved himself in strategic discussions. "I have always maintained that the coach's job is an important one, for he is in a position to play a key role in formulating team strategy. Who better than Kapil to come up with options for me during a tough tour of Australia? "However, his method of involvement and his thought process was limited to leaving the running of the team to the captain, and hence he did not involve himself in strategic discussions that would help us on the field," Tendulkar writes. The Indian batting great also shared his frustration on how some of his moves as captain did not pay off but the same strategy clicked when other captains employed it. Tendulkar talked about the 1997 Sharjah series where he promoted Robin Singh to bat at number three but the southpaw failed and he had to cop heavy criticism from the media. "The match against Pakistan on 14 December highlights how things were just not going my way. I was batting at number four in this competition, at the selectors' request. Sourav and Navjot Sidhu had given us a good start against Pakistan, and when Sidhu got out at 143-2, I sent in Robin Singh, the all-rounder, to accelerate the innings. It was a strategy I had given considerable thought to. http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketnext/kapil-dev-as-coach-disappointed-sachin-tendulkar/510968-78.html And the whine fest continues....

Maybe Clarke had a part' date=' but it was Chappell who directly implemented it. Further his influence was termed "caustic" leading to his ouster from the Aussie dressing room.[/quote'] NO - Chappell had "a part", Clarke takes the blame for Katich and Hussey. Don't add that bill to Chappell just because he was the selectors - he wasn't the chairman of selectors either. The "caustic" influence is right but doesn't need to be connected to Katich's dropping which lies solely on the door of Clarke, just like Hussey's exit.
Tendulkar has also revealed how hurt and disrespected he felt by the nickname `Little Master'. "I have done so much for Indian cricket, and there have been many players smaller than me," said Tendulkar at the launch of his autobiography earlier today. "When other cricketers get respected nicknames like Dada and Don, it was very humiliating for me to be called little."
So many people fell for it! :hysterical: