Do you think our players should have accepted the offer of light at end of DAY 4?

fineleg

Do you think our players should have accepted the offer of light at end of DAY 4?  

1. 1.

• Indian batsmen should have played a lil longer - we had momentum going
    • Accept offer of light - come back on day-5 morning even if dew will assist a fresher Shoaib Actor

Guest HariSampath

Not accepting the offer of light could have meant 2 things 1. We losing one wicket, which would have been huge for us whether Sachin or ganguly. It just takes ONE ball. 2. We have one batsman suffer an injury. This might have been crucial for the entire series. See what we would have gained had we continued playing for another 2-3 overs or even say 6-7 overs. We cannot hope to finish the game, by scoring at 6 runs an over. Game can be extended by half hour beyond close if umpires think there is a result possible ONLY light permitting. Maximum effect would have been get to something like 185 and also perhaps lose a wkt. Why this wkt might be crucial ?? rewind Chennai test 1999, 16 to win, 5 wkts, and we lose by 11 runs. So, accepting the light was a very good decision

Guest HariSampath

Another vital reason being, there is NO threat of rain. Had it even rained once in this test match, we should have tried to play on as rain might have been remotely possible overnight. Obviously there is no possibility of rain in Delhi now

india need to score the runs in less than 47 overs and it would be considered a victory in 4 days due to the amount of overs lost to bad light
I dont care if they win in 4 days or 5 days. They can take all of 5 days for all I care. My main reason for declining the light offer suggestion (and its only a minor suggestion, nothing great I agree) is that Actor and Tanvir will be fresher in the morning and there will be the Delhi haze/fog to assist them. So there is a chance of losing couple of quick wickets in the morning, causing a flutter amongst us. (Imagine if the first ball of day-5 does a banana swing causing an issue, and the next over something else happens - this sort of scenario is not far fetched to imagine really on the morning play) On day-4 end, Pak fielders were tiring and bowlers were tiring too...so that was the advantage. Though I'll accept Professor Shwetabh's view that the batsmen's judgement should be accepted as the best.
I dont care if they win in 4 days or 5 days. They can take all of 5 days for all I care. My main reason for declining the light offer suggestion (and its only a minor suggestion, nothing great I agree) is that Actor and Tanvir will be fresher in the morning and there will be the Delhi haze/fog to assist them. So there is a chance of losing couple of quick wickets in the morning, causing a flutter amongst us. (Imagine if the first ball of day-5 does a banana swing causing an issue, and the next over something else happens - this sort of scenario is not far fetched to imagine really on the morning play) On day-4 end, Pak fielders were tiring and bowlers were tiring too...so that was the advantage. Though I'll accept Professor Shwetabh's view that the batsmen's judgement should be accepted as the best.
I was also worried about accepting lights.. but now 20K is at stake for me.. hence I wud really want Pak to attack with Akthar and Tanvir and get one fuking wkt and let India toil on the pitch atleast for 30 mins.. :D so meaan aayeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

If we were 10 runs away, it would have been worth the risk, playing in bad light. 32 runs would mean atleast 10 more overs, not worth it. Also, since the target is less than 50 and theres no forecast of rain, starting on a new day wouldnt significantly hurt us, as we still have 7 wickets in the kitty.

we ppl sitting @ home watching on tele or comp have no freakin idea of how the light really is there @ the ground.. it was getting dark as they were showing on screen.. now Tendlya/Gang didn't like to bat under such light then its fine... and offcourse Tendulkar/Gang didn't want to lose their wicket, hence decision taken..

Only the 1999 chennai test with 16 runs to win and 5 wickets in hand experience :hatsoff:
It wasn't 16 runs with 5 wickets. It was 17 runs to get with 4 wickets in hand. Sunil Joshi(not the most reliable bat) was the lead bat left after SRT and then we had a solid tail *ing Prasad and Srinath. After SRT got out, it was 17 with 3. So it was a lot closer than this. Here we still have VVS and MSD left.