Kohli at 4 for WC?

bowl_out

Also I don't get backing Rahane...He is way too inconsistent....As I said he has no evident weakness at this point of time but he has not shown the hunger to captilize on flatter pitches.......I don't see why everyone thinks he should be a sure-shot in ODI's in every game.

If the ball is genuinely swinging,no one will be able to up the run-rate,they will infact get out. Also we are not playing a test match in English conditions that playing swing becomes the be all end all argument. New ball swings in any condition,infact swings more in India and SL Traditionally India's weakness is not swing,it is pace and bounce. But apart from that I agree with you Kohli should be our No3
I'm not talking of upping run rate vs swing,but just playing it more positively.Rotating strike,punishing bad balls instead of deadbatting everything.Dhawan and Rahane seem to do it well as they showed in England Yeah pace and bounce will be there,but from what I've seen Rayudu isnt good even there.Rohit is still better and atleast wont keep quiet for too long
Also I don't get backing Rahane...He is way too inconsistent....As I said he has no evident weakness at this point of time but he has not shown the hunger to captilize on flatter pitches.......I don't see why everyone thinks he should be a sure-shot in ODI's in every game.
not in every game but overseas you need technically sound players rather than big hitter we need in Asia.When he has not shown any weaknesses,we need to see more if he can start converting.If yes,great if not atleast he'll get us good starts most times
I'm not talking of upping run rate vs swing,but just playing it more positively.Rotating strike,punishing bad balls instead of deadbatting everything.Dhawan and Rahane seem to do it well as they showed in England Yeah pace and bounce will be there,but from what I've seen Rayudu isnt good even there.Rohit is still better and atleast wont keep quiet for too long
Based on? Rayada scored fifties in both matches in england so not sure If anything he actually handled the short pitch bowling from Lankans than Rahane in last 2 Odis
not in every game but overseas you need technically sound players rather than big hitter we need in Asia.When he has not shown any weaknesses' date='we need to see more if he can start converting.If yes,great if not atleast he'll get us good starts most times[/quote'] Weakness in terms of technique-yes Rahane hasn't had too many but Rotating stike etc is a problem that seems to be plaguing him as well. Look at his track record,he never capitilises even in tests he is still averaging at 39.00 despite scoring in all 3 overseas tours. In ODI he has batted at the top...ROhit had to bat lower down the order in his early career(again not making this Rohit vs Rahane) but still averages 30.00. Right now has to be Rohit and Dhawan with Kohli at 3. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Rahane is way better than Rayudu-not even a comparison but the fact is Rayudu has grabbed his chances with both hands,averages nearly 50.00 where as Rahane has not grabbed his LOI chances like he did in tests. So Rayudu stays in the starting X1 more as a floater
Based on? Rayada scored fifties in both matches in england so not sure If anything he actually handled the short pitch bowling from Lankans than Rahane in last 2 Odis
English pitches were slow. Rayudu looked troubled pulling the ball,everytime I saw he got a top edge. Rahane overall looks better,if not scoring he can atleast see them off(yeah that I say that due to his performance in overseas Tests:--D)
English pitches were slow. Rayudu looked troubled pulling the ball,everytime I saw he got a top edge. Rahane overall looks better,if not scoring he can atleast see them off(yeah that I say that due to his performance in overseas Tests:--D)
You don't pick a team based on assumptions..Rayudu has been consistent Rahane has not simple.
Weakness in terms of technique-yes Rahane hasn't had too many but Rotating stike etc is a problem that seems to be plaguing him as well. Look at his track record,he never capitilises even in tests he is still averaging at 39.00 despite scoring in all 3 overseas tours. In ODI he has batted at the top...ROhit had to bat lower down the order in his early career(again not making this Rohit vs Rahane) but still averages 30.00. Right now has to be Rohit and Dhawan with Kohli at 3. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Rahane is way better than Rayudu-not even a comparison but the fact is Rayudu has grabbed his chances with both hands,averages nearly 50.00 where as Rahane has not grabbed his LOI chances like he did in tests. So Rayudu stays in the starting X1 more as a floater
He seems okay in rotation of strike to me when opening. I want him to open because new ball will swing in Aus/NZ and hes more capable of handling it safely than Rohit.In Aus it'll be more about that than making use of powerplay. So its Rohit vs Rayudu for no.4 for me.Rayudu has done well in his chances.but given the conditions and the fact that Rohit can hit big and not get bogged down,Rohit would be no.4 for me.
Rahane to open with Kohli at 3. Kohli may not be good vs swing but others are even poorer.Also you want him to play more balls as he'll make it count.Guys like Rayudu will tuk tuk and get out increasing the required run rate
What if Kohli gets out? Thats almost half the side is gone. We need to preserve him and give him the best batting conditions. I know its kinda negative but for WC its must. He can come back to no.3 in India. Also don't think Rahane is opening. Taiulunt and Dhawan will open for sure. And to be honest if Rahane don't bat in top order I don't see him in any other role in the team.
What if Kohli gets out? Thats almost half the side is gone. We need to preserve him and give him the best batting conditions. I know its kinda negative but for WC its must. He can come back to no.3 in India. Also don't think Rahane is opening. Taiulunt and Dhawan will open for sure. And to be honest if Rahane don't bat in top order I don't see him in any other role in the team.
We still have Dhoni and Raina in middle order if he goes early And I don't get this logic of 'if he gets out'.If he can get out at 3,he can get out at 4 too.Atleast at no.3 he'll have time to pace his innings as he wants and not be dictated by scoreboard We have Dhoni,Raina in 5-6.no need to pack them all together.One senior in top 3 is needed
We still have Dhoni and Raina in middle order if he goes early And I don't get this logic of 'if he gets out'.If he can get out at 3,he can get out at 4 too.Atleast at no.3 he'll have time to pace his innings as he wants and not be dictated by scoreboard We have Dhoni,Raina in 5-6.no need to pack them all together.One senior in top 3 is needed
If we don't trust Rohit or Dhawan in Aussie conditions how can we be so confident about those 2? Dhoni fair enough but Raina is a even bigger "?"
If we don't trust Rohit or Dhawan in Aussie conditions how can we be so confident about those 2? Dhoni fair enough but Raina is a even bigger "?"
No down the order things seem to get better for batting with old ball.Raina has his issues but if top order does well he should be coming after 30 overs and it'll be easier Thats why I want Rohit to bat at 4 too.Dhawan is suspect yes but hes done well so far so we have to back him to open
oh no best batsmen in odis currently and in tests best batsman at 4 :finger: Dravid was a POS in ODIs and so effing overrated in tests. a few fifites against mediocre windies team and the losers on ICF think he's ATG :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Most often than not, you battle conditions, not the opposition. In good conditions, even mediocre bowlers become world beaters.
He seems okay in rotation of strike to me when opening. I want him to open because new ball will swing in Aus/NZ and hes more capable of handling it safely than Rohit.In Aus it'll be more about that than making use of powerplay. So its Rohit vs Rayudu for no.4 for me.Rayudu has done well in his chances.but given the conditions and the fact that Rohit can hit big and not get bogged down,Rohit would be no.4 for me.
Rahane averaged 10 in NZ in ODIs he played on NZ tour.

^^ It's not about whether the ball is old or new. It is about the way he plays. He is among few Indian openers who likes the play the lofted shot. He gets maximum returns from them when the field is inside. Couple of commentary snippets from Cricinfo on his dismissals in the middle order: 20.6 McCullum pulls out a corker of a catch to remove Rahane as he lofts this one in the air towards mid-off, with McCullum running to his right before launching at the correct moment to get his right hand under the ball before it grazes the grass. What a stunner from NZ, who continue to exhibit solid skills in the fielding department 84/3 8.2 short delivery again and he's picked out long leg! Can't stop himself from going for the hook and he did not get on top of the bounce there. Gets a thick top edge that sails straight into the hands of Southee. Had to fetch that from a touch outside off 22/2

^^ It's not about whether the ball is old or new. It is about the way he plays. He is among few Indian openers who likes the play the lofted shot. He gets maximum returns from them when the field is inside. Couple of commentary snippets from Cricinfo on his dismissals in the middle order: 20.6 McCullum pulls out a corker of a catch to remove Rahane as he lofts this one in the air towards mid-off, with McCullum running to his right before launching at the correct moment to get his right hand under the ball before it grazes the grass. What a stunner from NZ, who continue to exhibit solid skills in the fielding department 84/3 8.2 short delivery again and he's picked out long leg! Can't stop himself from going for the hook and he did not get on top of the bounce there. Gets a thick top edge that sails straight into the hands of Southee. Had to fetch that from a touch outside off 22/2
So, those two fielders will still be there in PP, mid off and long leg. Caught at mid off means field was in. Actually those lofted shots do not come naturally to him. His main game is ground stroke like it was with Dravid. He tries to force such shots and has gotten out caught repeatedly in 30 yard circle that is why he gets out a lot in 20-30s.

It is a combination of finesse and lofted shots... Check his hundred against England... None of those drives would have yielded him more than a single... And a lot of his shots are aerial, which would get him out if not for the field restrictions... I do agree upon the forcing shot though... He has been caught and bowled a few times when he is confused between the finesse and lofted shots, but he will learn with time Q5IE1HpcIdU

It is a combination of finesse and lofted shots... Check his hundred against England... None of those drives would have yielded him more than a single... And a lot of his shots are aerial, which would get him out if not for the field restrictions... I do agree upon the forcing shot though... He has been caught and bowled a few times when he is confused between the finesse and lofted shots, but he will learn with time Q5IE1HpcIdU
Scoring runs in ODIs in England has been easy traditionally for Indian bats, even Raina scored runs there but they all had failed in NZ. English pitches did not have that kind of bounce and pace, were slow at the end of the summer. Neither their bowling was that penetrative.