Kaththi

Mariyam

I have seen a lot of north Indians really into Telugu movies....they watch dubbed versions on youtube or the original versions with subtitiles...the only reason being yes they might be illogical and brainless but can't deny the fact they are more entertaining than most Hindi commercial movies or other SOuth Indian languages Having said that I only watch a Telugu movie if it is really different and critically acclaimed or if it is unbeleivably entertaining with lots of comedy...don't watch every crap there is or because I like a particular hero.
That is true! And many prefer the original to remakes in hindi. As long as they don't make humshakal kind of disgusting movies as they do in hindi. I am okay with telugu movies

Why Single out Bolly and Telugu,Happens in every Indian film industry...I already gave an example of how I saw Mamooty's langoor like son acting ahead of probably more deserving youngsters and ditto with Tamil,Kannada,Bhojupuri etc etc Also FYI as good as Mccounahey and Di Caprio are,studios are the boss in U.S.A,they wouldn't green light the project if the director had cast some unknown or commercially not so bankable star.
This is a famous forum trick :--D...write a reasonably big post which makes some sense and difficult to not agree and then slip in a statement generalising things....mallu and Tamil movie fans do it a lot :winky:

Telugu people currently have a formula. Put commercial elements,Have some good comedy,marketable hero,decent music and a hot heroine-Minimum guarantee. There was a movie called Mithunam recently very classy and there was a market for that too. At the end of the day Cinema is a business more than art.When every thing you do is either a minimum guarantee with the upside being massive profits why wouldn't you do that-Simple logic
The challenge is to balance business and art.

I have seen a lot of north Indians really into Telugu movies....they watch dubbed versions on youtube or the original versions with subtitiles...the only reason being yes they might be illogical and brainless but can't deny the fact they are more entertaining than most Hindi commercial movies or other SOuth Indian languages Having said that I only watch a Telugu movie if it is really different and critically acclaimed or if it is unbeleivably entertaining with lots of comedy...don't watch every crap there is or because I like a particular hero.
Is that the benchmark you set for Telugu movies? How much the audience from the North watch your movies? Seriously!? The 2nd part, I agree with that but the audience have to come out of the shell and accept movies where their hero can die if he jumps of a 20 storey building. Malayalam released around 2-3 good movies per year during the late 90's and early & mid 2000s, used to be a junk load of crap but in the last few years, they have completely shifted the film making and its working out.

I see you're quiet pissed to call THAT langoor like acting when almost every actor in Telugu nowadays do the same. I gave those example because we were talking about those industries. And I'm quiet aware and well read about the production factor in Hollywood where they tried very hard to dish out a new comer Al Pacino in the Godfather for Jack Nicholson. Keeping that aside, most of these so called 'stars' in Hollywood, 7/10 of them are pretty damn good actors, so it doesn't really matter why they cast them. Studios are the boss everywhere, not just in USA, unless you have a director like hot shot director casting them like Spieldber, Nolan, Scorsese etc.
I am pissed at any Talentless hack who gets an undeserving shot thanks to a famous and powerful father be it Mmooty's son or Chiranjeevi or Nagarjuna's sons or Kamal Hassan or Anil Kapoor's daughters. Wolf on Wall street is a big example of having star power and the director's influence....Leo di caprio looks nothing like the orginal Jordan Belfort and the movie was a huge hit due to star power.

As much as I love to see good movies made in India,why is it so hard to accept that film industry is there to make money and looks like Telugu film industry have cracked the code :dontknow: How many people in rural towns will watch if Interstellar is made in India?

I am pissed at any Talentless hack who gets an undeserving shot thanks to a famous and powerful father be it Mmooty's son or Chiranjeevi or Nagarjuna's sons or Kamal Hassan or Anil Kapoor's daughters. Wolf on Wall street is a big example of having star power and the director's influence....Leo di caprio looks nothing like the orginal Jordan Belfort and the movie was a huge hit due to star power.
Where is studio coming in here? Its not the worst either 5d430286-bdb5-4dfa-8ae5-65a272bd43c9_belfort.jpg Yep, moreover a director's influence Anyhow, stardom rarely affects a movie there unlike here.

Where is studio coming in here? Its not the worst either 5d430286-bdb5-4dfa-8ae5-65a272bd43c9_belfort.jpg Yep, moreover a director's influence Anyhow, stardom rarely affects a movie there unlike here.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181984/ Apparently this movie was made on the same theme and this has Vin Diesel before Fast and Furious and XXX the movie and some other actor,no one even heard of it before T.W.O.W.S Also not denying the movie was great and entertaining but I for sure would have watched it on DVD or later on Netflix had it not had such a big starcast. I speak for myself but I am sure it is the same for a lot of people.

4. Munnariyipp - mammotty played a character his age, who has been incarcerated for 20 years in jail, for two murders which he still vehemently denies. A young woman journalist meets him, and realizes this guy is a born genius and lobbies for his release, but when he comes out he realizes the world is no longer the same as he left, the climax again is shocking, unexpected. Movie gave new lease of life to mammotty after a string of flops.
brilliant movie. loved it. the director must have been a well read person. there are many subtle hints throughout the movie which have a lot of hidden meaning.

sergio lenones dollar trilogy + once upon a time in the west == 100s of telugu masala movies :giggle: one of my senior colleague is a great fan of pawan kalyan and his masala movies.. thought he will like once upon a time in the west duel scene and i shown the clip to him.. when harmoncias brother was abt to be hanged , that bugger told he has already seen the same scene in mahesh babaus movie and they hang his father instead of brother :mad: