Srinivasan,Raj Kundra named in IPL scandal report

The court has not taken the BCCI's list kindly. The board even went so far as to claim that commentators could have a commercial interest in a match, according to the Indian Express. The Court wondered what commercial interest commentators could possibly have in a game.
Srikkanth was the brand ambassador for CSK while heading the selection committee. The court did not take kindly to this disclosure. It wanted to know how a selector could have a post in an IPL team and called it a clear conflict of interest.
Arguments have now concluded and so has today's hearing. The Supreme Court has reserved its order. Hoeever, there is no indication when they might issue a ruling. The court goes on holiday for two weeks at the end of this week. They could issue a ruling tomorrow or we could have to wait until the new year.
http://www.firstpost.com/sports/mudgal-report-live-gavaskar-shastri-srikkanth-on-bccis-conflict-of-interest-list-1815739.html
Maybe. But why BCCI is giving Srikkanth's example as COI to SC?
Duh it is not. It is countering SC by saying the hapless nature of SC s argument. According to SC interpretation, any works undertaken in the constituency of a minister, under his portfolio can be termed CoI. It's that sort of ridiculous. SC is peeved that Mudgal didn't find what apparently it was expecting and now is unnecessarily trolling Bcci to salvage it's ego. Meanwhile Maama is trolling SC by openly being ICC head as well as running Bcci by proxy. maama na summava.
I don't know about where you work , but where i work it's not allowed to use close relatives for any contractual work. Doesn't matter whether i involved directly in the work or not. CoI is somewhat similar to Insider trading.
I have seen it work both ways. I used to work for one of the world s biggest investment banks and during my time three Managing Directors were siblings. Just because known people work together, it doesn't mean the company's future is J I n jeopardy. There are many hundreds of companies which are promoted by families and continue to have family members at the top, doesn't meant all they all have had issues. To say, Bcci isn't even publicly owned makes it even lesser obliged to observe such matters.
I have seen it work both ways. I used to work for one of the world s biggest investment banks and during my time three Managing Directors were siblings. Just because known people work together, it doesn't mean the company's future is J I n jeopardy. There are many hundreds of companies which are promoted by families and continue to have family members at the top, doesn't meant all they all have had issues. To say, Bcci isn't even publicly owned makes it even lesser obliged to observe such matters.
3 Managing directors can siblings as they are employees of same company. Here the issue is one guy involving in 2 different entities where he can have unfair advantage.
3 Managing directors can siblings as they are employees of same company. Here the issue is one guy involving in 2 different entities where he can have unfair advantage.
Companies Act explicitly permits such transactions with related companies provided they are disclosed and arms length basis is kept. Here disclosure has been made and nothing had been found suggesring arms length was not followed.
They made same argument last week as well, don't know why SC is dragging this issue. Also its difficult to imagine Sibal is dumb to think the CoI of former players and BCCI chief are same. Surely court will not consider all cases as same. Is there any detail where BCCI told what kind of CoI these ex-players have?
Gavaskar is an employee of the BCCI. Ganguly will have a CoI as he was part of the Mudgal committee. Ganguly's example is a very good move by the defense attorney.
Conflicting claims: None of the 16 names cited by BCCI have a conflict of interest like N Srinivasan
WHERE'S THE CONFLICT? No. Name Position 1. Sunil Gavaskar No longer a member of the IPL governing council 2. Sourav Ganguly No longer an IPL player. Commentator and joint-secretary of Cricket Association of Bengal 3. Anil Kumble No longer president of Karnataka State Cricket Association. Owns Tenvic Sports and is associated with Mumbai Indians 4. Ravi Shastri Team India's director of cricket. Doesn't commentate 5. Lal Chand Rajput No longer joint-secretary of Mumbai Cricket Association. Is a reputed coach 6. Venkatash Prasad No longer vice-president of Karnataka State Cricket Association. Is a reputed coach 7. Kris Srikkanth Was chief selector as well as brand ambassador of Chennai Super Kings. In 2012, he became mentor of Sunrisers Hyderabad. No conflict 8. Brijesh Patel Karnataka State Cricket Association secretary. No conflict 9. KS Viswanathan Tamil Nadu Cricket Association official and India Cements employee (Srinivasan's confidante) 10. Vijay Mallya Member of Karnataka State Cricket Association's managing committee, owner of Royal Challengers Bangalore 11. Jeet Banerjee Former assistant secretary of Cricket Association of Bengal. Former manager of MS Dhoni 12. Vikram Rathour Resigned as assistant coach of Kings XI Punjab before becoming national selector 13. E Venkat Ram Reddy Vice-president of Hyderabad Cricket Association. Owned the now-defunct IPL side Deccan Chargers 14. VB Chandrasekar India Cements employee and commentator. Also runs an academy in Chennai 15. Amrit Mathur Representative of Railways in BCCI. Also a Delhi Daredevils official and columnist 16. Lalchand Rajput Name taken twice
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report-conflicting-claims-none-of-the-16-names-cited-by-bcci-have-a-conflict-of-interest-like-n-srinivasan-2045209