Virat Kohli's Century Monitor

b555

Couldn't give a **** about Sehwag. He was dropped on 0 and 24 and skied one when he was on 90, not to mention the 3 play-and-misses right at the start. Sehwag's an idiot who will only score if given several chances. That's not the mark of a great player. Kohli is in a league of his own in terms of promising young batsmen. But he needs to start playing some Test matches - unfortunately the powers that be at the BCCI seem to prefer **** lucrative ODI tours to proper Test cricket.

Couldn't give a **** about Sehwag. He was dropped on 0 and 24 and skied one when he was on 90, not to mention the 3 play-and-misses right at the start. Sehwag's an idiot who will only score if given several chances. That's not the mark of a great player. Kohli is in a league of his own in terms of promising young batsmen. But he needs to start playing some Test matches - unfortunately the powers that be at the BCCI seem to prefer **** lucrative ODI tours to proper Test cricket.
It doesn't matter, point is he got close and missed it. Run out of all things :banghead:

12 centuries in ODIs, a century and few fifties in TESTS (more 100s to come). Its not the number of matches he has scored and hit lot of tons but its his age and his matured game...he has only got better in his game. Infact, he learns from his mistakes, which is pretty rare with the rest of the team..especially our bowlers.

who else thinks he should be the next captain after Dhoni in a few years.I dont trust either Viru or Gambhir at all(plus they have injury problems) .Kohli is the logical choice.
Make him the captain and all his batting abilities will go flying away out of the window
Well done. Atm Kohli is better than VVS and should start at 3 in tests rather than 5.
If a batsmen scores a lot of tons and hits a couple of centuries doesn't mean he can be a #3 in Test cricket. Kohli is a brilliant player, no doubt, but he is more of a #4 batsmen as I had said earlier. We are still in search for a good if not solid No.3. Take Pakistan's test batting line up for example, Younis is a much better, experienced, classy and has got a lot of runs/tons behind him but Azhar Ali is a much better No.3 batsmen that he can be IMO. No.3 is not just about scoring runs its about being a batsmen who can act as a good opener after one of the opener has dismissed early, someone who can deal with the new ball and also take the role of a very good and solid middle order player. By being solid, I don't mean that the No.3 needs to be an ultra defensive batsman. This is (also) for the people who think Kohli deserves that No.3 spot. I would rather have a Pujara at No.3 and Kohli at No.4 (once SRT hangs his boots).