BuzzFeed India editor Rega Jha draws ire on Twitter for Pakistanis are 'hotter' than 'ugly' Indians remark

the don

Who Rajnikanth?
Rajnikant doesn't even hail from south India. It's pretty obvious that you find beauty in pale complexion. You're entitled to your opinion, but generalizing whole regions with vast populations and ranking them by "beauty" sounds rather ridiculous.

There is a difference in disagreeing and abusing. Those Indians on twitter didn't just disagree with her, but got extremely personal and cheap. And those tweets are from the literate Indians, those who can afford computers and can speak English. This would make me wonder how the illiterate Indians would treat her? But you see, I'm smart enough to understand that there are stupid people on both sides of the border and I wouldn't start insulting another country just because of what 10 Indians or Pakistanis did. That's all I'm asking you to do as well. By the way the video has been removed by whoever uploaded it.
But those are still words even if they are abuses. That is how freedom of speech works. She says something, others say something in return. As long as there is no violence, shooting, she is not banned by the government or put in jail, this is the perfect example of freedom of speech at work.

Same as the rest of the world.:winky:
Definitely not same as the rest of the world. Let's take an example Frieda pinto she would never be considered good looking in Pakistan or for that matter in Nindia. But in south and goa mumbai bengal etc she would be considered attractive. Further more she is the toast of hollywood. most of the white people i know both men and women gush about her looks. So how is it same standard. Same goes for padma Lakshmi. Coming to bollywood take Priyanka Chopra she has typical indian looks and has very unpakistani features yet she is a miss world winner and considered beautiful in india. Similarly Deepika padukone her features are very indian and she is beautiful. Kareena,katrina,nargis fakri etc are will be considered beautiful in pakistan. That's your idea of beauty. what pakistanis need to understand is that they are different kinds of beauty. Not everybody goes for your kind of beauty. If u take pakistani celebrites like actress Reema khan, Sana khan(of rukshar fame), politicains like benazir, hina,shrmila farrooqi and most of your tv anchors actress models etcter and your cricketers wives they all have a similar kind of features fair skinned and one long nose. the nose dominates the whole face. They have harsh and manly features. when i watch pakistani serials i feel most actors and actress need nose jobs. In fact Iran is the nose job capitol of the world. 3nx6bsu530nrsono.D.0.IMG_7063-1.jpgReema-Khan-Love-Mein-Ghum.jpg This is a pakistani or a north indian ideal of beauty. This kind of beauty is not there in south/Bengal region For us someone who looks like this is beautiful Frame115.jpgye-maya-chesave-6.jpg There are different kinds of beauty. In bollwyood itself u can clearly see the difference in features when u compare deepika, bipasha and others like kareena,soha ali khan etc . There is a whole far eastern part of india like sikimm mizoram and others where the people are mongoloid and hands down they are the most beautiful in india just naturally beautiful. but they will never get a mention in indian media or even by pakistanis it is as if they do not exist. U did not even mention nepal in your ranking and that shows how u see beauty. U people cannot see beyond your ideal of beauty and that's your problem. Talking of aghanistan there was poll few years ago in america and americans voted afghans as the most ugly people in the world. So don't say your standards are same as rest of the world.

Talking of being offended, here's an excellent article by Twinkle Khanna: Why some of us choose to face the cave wall http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/mrsfunnybones/why-some-of-us-choose-to-face-the-cave-wall/
If I had to be offended by a live show I would rather be offended by Arnab who invites people on his show and then doesn’t let them speak. I saw an episode where he is asking the education minister a question and then screaming over her answers.
:rofl: Good article,but not well researched. Ex: she is bit wrong about health care and all,its not as simple as she wrote here.There are other programmes like jan Aushadi started.

Trust Indians to look for things to take offence on. Reminds me of sth which happened in my college only last month some white guy wrote a blog post abt why dating indian girls is a bad idea (stereotypes like hairy, unkempt, accent etc etc but also some relevant stuff like family baggage, unnecesaary emotional and self conscious) But anyways. Long story short. This girl from mumbai saw it and went in a meltdown on facebook calling for him to be attacked and starting a whole drama. ofcourse most ppl supported and comforted her but the whole episode was pointless. whatever happened to free speech? and if theguy doesnt find indian girls attractive then what the **** is your problem? Made her look pathetic honestly. i dont now her beyond diwali and holi events but i let her know how pathetic her behavior had been and how she had if anything strengthened the bloggers' view point

Talking of being offended, here's an excellent article by Twinkle Khanna: Why some of us choose to face the cave wall http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/mrsfunnybones/why-some-of-us-choose-to-face-the-cave-wall/
well written. A quote from her write-up
We have passed a proposal for building a 182-metre-tall Statue of Unity project that will cost Rs 2,979 crore, and are now trying to construct yet another statue in the Arabian Sea which is budgeted at around Rs 1,900 crore even though only 10% of our children have access to education beyond higher secondary schooling. Instead of spending money on education, that these are our priorities offends me a bit.
I agree with her . More people should be offended by the wastage of money on building of Statues.

Trust Indians to look for things to take offence on. Reminds me of sth which happened in my college only last month some white guy wrote a blog post abt why dating indian girls is a bad idea (stereotypes like hairy, unkempt, accent etc etc but also some relevant stuff like family baggage, unnecesaary emotional and self conscious) But anyways. Long story short. This girl from mumbai saw it and went in a meltdown on facebook calling for him to be attacked and starting a whole drama. ofcourse most ppl supported and comforted her but the whole episode was pointless. whatever happened to free speech? and if theguy doesnt find indian girls attractive then what the **** is your problem? Made her look pathetic honestly. i dont now her beyond diwali and holi events but i let her know how pathetic her behavior had been and how she had if anything strengthened the bloggers' view point
The american blogger must have been aware that not all responses will be positive there are bound to be people who may find it in bad taste yet he went ahead and wrote it he has freedom of speech but the Mumbai girl doesn't ! She too has the right to put forth her views. Both got what they want ATTENTION. This buzzfeed editor too must have known that her statement would generate negativity and yet she writes it. This is internet! news gets tweeted shared across facebook and makes it through the world social media. Since when is it okay to call a race of people ugly. She too abused and is getting abused in return. She wanted attention and she got it.

The american blogger must have been aware that not all responses will be positive there are bound to be people who may find it in bad taste yet he went ahead and wrote it he has freedom of speech but the Mumbai girl doesn't ! She too has the right to put forth her views. Both got what they want ATTENTION. This buzzfeed editor too must have known that her statement would generate negativity and yet she writes it. This is internet! news gets tweeted shared across facebook and makes it through the world social media. Since when is it okay to call a race of people ugly. She too abused and is getting abused in return. She wanted attention and she got it.
in this american bloggers case it was one of those idiotic sites you dont take sriously and never hear of. im surprised she even came across it. and the guy was just provoking and wanting reactions like these which he got a lot of in the comment section. best thing to do in such case s is just to ignore

There are different kinds of beauty. In bollwyood itself u can clearly see the difference in features when u compare deepika, bipasha and others like kareena,soha ali khan etc . There is a whole far eastern part of india like sikimm mizoram and others where the people are mongoloid and hands down they are the most beautiful in india just naturally beautiful. but they will never get a mention in indian media or even by pakistanis it is as if they do not exist. U did not even mention nepal in your ranking and that shows how u see beauty. U people cannot see beyond your ideal of beauty and that's your problem. Talking of aghanistan there was poll few years ago in america and americans voted afghans as the most ugly people in the world. So don't say your standards are same as rest of the world.
Well said. My Tamilian fiancee has similar facial features as the girl in the last photo. Some wouldn't consider her beautiful as she's slightly dusky but with very prominent and sharp facial features. I would take that beauty any day over long nose, ultra fair "ideal" northern beauty. Unfortunately, people in India still has the colonial serving mindset where fairness is equalized meets the predefined definition of beauty. Nepalese and North East Indian girls are equally pretty but will always be ignored due to inherent racism. I have an uncle who suffered from serious inferiority complex since he has darker complexion. He used to scrub his face everyday very diligently with soap and creme when I was young, thinking it would make him fairer. :cantstop: