Delhi Court blocks Delhi rape BBC documentary

AmreekanDesi

Is it silly season already? Between wanking your way to glory and bashing the colonial powers your dads never saw, let alone you, you might do well to listen to the ladies. The girl who was raped and died was a woman, the journalist who made the documentary is a woman, and the two voices of reason in this debate are both women. Ask your mum where she stands on this. Then shut up. Women understand a fellow woman's pain and outrage. Chaps think that they do, but don't really. The testosterone gets into the brain and blinds you, and makes you confuse the debate with totally inconsequential sidelights. That's when you are not jacking off, that is.

I have no issue with airing it if she had not broken any law. Given a choice if they are okay to take off the interview with criminal i am fine with the rest . But trust me she would be willing to take every part of the interview except that one. I find the true intention of this video despicable. Having the criminal recount the event in his own words for shock value and in the process sensationalize a true event. Yes that is not a reason to ban. Government ban is for some other violations. Most of my problem is with the government authorities who allowed her to gain access to the criminal. if banning this video will prevent future such occurrence i am fine. I am not going to protest if they ban this video. This is not something worth we protest for. On my FB majority of the girls disliked the video and found it to be insensitive and misleading but none of them talked about banning the video. I get it some liked it some disliked it some found it offensive some found it stereotyping some found it cruel. some found it enlightening some found it necessary.. There is wide range of reactions to this video. All it has done is thrown social network into a chaos bickering with each other throwing ad hominem. It came down to my thinking is superior to your thinking etc.. Pretty much what we do here except we are far more civilized in our debates. Also banning only helped improve the visibility of this documentary more outside India. So there are more discussions from people from other countries. That is also following the same pattern. Some liked it some didn't. Some hard hitting stereotyping of Indian male did not escape my eyes.
The true intention may indeed be despicable but EOD it is an incident that happened and the facts have been reported. In case, we don't want the media to spin it in another way - how about not letting this incident happen? Here, what I see is that the government is trying to cover it's sh1t with mud because it can not stop sh1t from happening. If you feel the protest is not worth it, the ban is not worth 100 times more than the protest. There's an idiom in my mother tongue which loosely translates to cat covering her sh1t with mud. Come to think of it, I have never seen cat sh1t on the roads like other animals - dogs, horses, goats etc.

Is it silly season already? Between wanking your way to glory and bashing the colonial powers your dads never saw, let alone you, you might do well to listen to the ladies. The girl who was raped and died was a woman, the journalist who made the documentary is a woman, and the two voices of reason in this debate are both women. Ask your mum where she stands on this. Then shut up. Women understand a fellow woman's pain and outrage. Chaps think that they do, but don't really. The testosterone gets into the brain and blinds you, and makes you confuse the debate with totally inconsequential sidelights. That's when you are not jacking off, that is.
Many women found this offensive too. What is your point.? Men can't have an opinion because it was made by a woman about woman even though central theme was "gender equality"

When you have a rotten case, you do what any 10th grade lawyer does, you change the topic. Instead of addressing the repulsive mindset of rapists and their apologists, everybody is bickering over how this is an attempt to defame India. Honestly, you don't need outsiders to embarrass India, Indians are quite capable of doing it themselves.

The true intention may indeed be despicable but EOD it is an incident that happened and the facts have been reported. In case, we don't want the media to spin it in another way - how about not letting this incident happen? Here, what I see is that the government is trying to cover it's sh1t with mud because it can not stop sh1t from happening. If you feel the protest is not worth it, the ban is not worth 100 times more than the protest. There's an idiom in my mother tongue which loosely translates to cat covering her sh1t with mud. Come to think of it, I have never seen cat sh1t on the roads like other animals - dogs, horses, goats etc.
If the video was about how other countries (developed ones) work on preventing rapes i would see a point. Opening up the case and stirring again under the guise of "education" is sneaky. Can anyone who defends the video come up with an idea of how to prevent rape? how to encourage rape victim to come forward boldly? Talking about rape victim , knowing about how the criminal raped his victim in detail and knowing why (a BS reason he gave was fed to him) is not going to create awareness. It is cheap sensationalism of a very very tragic event. Adding some shock value has emotionally touched some. Moment the government banned it kinda triggered a negative reaction. Some of them support the video not even knowing why they support it. If we turn rape into media circus every time people will not come out . Right after Delhi event there was concerted effort from girls themselves about learning self defense. One guy developed an help line app. They added help lines. But we are making it as a societal issue like society is some kind of appliance which we can fix with a repair man. Create a sex offender registry. Collect the details of criminals through that ranging from eve teaser to gruesome rapist. Generate the rape statistics. Use that stat to come up with a plan of prevention. It is a very very very hard exercise. Not even the best of police department in the world can come up with a solution in a country like India. But as usual all i hear is empty talks, hours of discussion, debates, mud slinging, politicization, sensationalism in the name of creating awareness. After some time it will die down. Central/State governments have to cooperate with each other to bring the rape stats down. Look at the rape stats by sate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_states_ranked_by_rape Why is that some states having more rapes some don't. involve best of IPS police officers, if needed advice from other countries to set up a plan of action.

Liking or Disliking the video is a result of our own personal experiences . Ofcourse there is another category FOR ban - because it was banned by BJP AGAINST ban - because it was banned by BJP My personal experience is having followed BBC and British Media for several years there is a tendency for them to show India in poor light like our society is archaic, barbaric, uncivilized through various stories. I am not sure how any of you have followed BBC for how many years. This is my personal experience. So the true intention of video is not convincing to me. Some of the things that is presented in the video merely reaffirms it. My two cents.

]You are justifying the government's stand because they followed "due process". I just explained to you that following "due process" does not make your stand correct. You can follow "due process" and be wrong. In this case, the government is trying to sweep an inconvenient fact under the carpet. And of course, anyone can have any opinions including pathetic ones like "Let BJP induct all criminals if it gives them sh1t". Such trite and platitudes with "jigar ka dil" can ea silly be flaunted on the Internet by the junta who lives in vilaayat.
Ofcourse i am. If you feel what the BJP did was wrong you have the freedom to express your displeasure in the following manner, (A) challenge it in the courts (B) not vote for them next time. © Write a post, blog, light a candle or play the world's smallest violin. The government is trying to sweep things under the carpet is your opinion.What the government did was wrong is again your opinion. Many even in the Indian media dont share that opinion and it appears even the opposition in parliament appears to be on the same page. Clearly the court did not think a fundamental right was being violated within the parameters of the constitution.

Liking or Disliking the video is a result of our own personal experiences . Ofcourse there is another category FOR ban - because it was banned by BJP AGAINST ban - because it was banned by BJP My personal experience is having followed BBC and British Media for several years there is a tendency for them to show India in poor light like our society is archaic, barbaric, uncivilized through various stories. I am not sure how any of you have followed BBC for how many years. This is my personal experience. So the true intention of video is not convincing to me. Some of the things that is presented in the video merely reaffirms it. My two cents.
++ BBC seems to have a strong agenda to portray India in negative light. Its an odservation over a long period of time.So this standoff is a good excuse to ban them. I find nothing wrong in the documentary though. It was pretty good.

Is it legit? Because i have hard time buying. I am not sure if someone would admit openly that they are profiling you. It is flat out wrong at so many levels in any country let alone Germany.

Now the documentary makers should edit the end credits to add 'Govt of India' under 'special thanks to' heading bcoz if it were not for Govt ban, this documentary would have come and gone and hardly anyone would have noticed. Now its being talked about everywhere, covered on every news channel/paper and has been seen by a far,far larger audience than earlier expected. Govt ban has given so much publicity that crores of rupees in advertising couldn't have done. Well done Govt of India.