Delhi Court blocks Delhi rape BBC documentary

AmreekanDesi

World Premiere.....Shameless bastards!Not really surprising from NDTV.This is the channel whose lead star reporter was responsible for a bunker being bombed during Kargil and was shown to be acting most irresponsibly during Taj attack....but has never apologized for that.

People here seem to be living in some sort of LALA land where airing an interview showing the real view of a criminal is supposed to open people's eyes and what not. However here is the reality 1) Criminals thrive on such kind of exposure. They love this. They are not going to look at this guy's interview and think, sh!t, he was wrong.They are just going to say, "hey he did this and was on TV and is world famous. Let me do this too" 2) The west has already experimented with such things in the past. Interviews with Ted Bundy and other brutal killers. What happened? These killers became celebrities, youngsters tried to be their 'fans' and many other killers were motivated 3) The misogyny against women is not going to be solved by sticking a guy on TV. In fact, confirmation bias and backfire effect will only mean that people who already hold such views will sympathize with the criminal and ask for leniency. Studies have shown that when people see someone on TV they identify with his views even if they are 100% wrong. TLDR; Sticking a criminal on TV and making him famous is the last thing you want in such cases. It has always backfired and always will. People who think this is the way to expose anything have no clue how the human mind works.
1. Shouldnt have allowed to be filmed then 2. Should mention that we dont want this guy to get attention in primetime and apologize for allowing the interview 3. STFU about "Defame India" and whatever

World Premiere.....Shameless bastards!Not really surprising from NDTV.This is the channel whose lead star reporter was responsible for a bunker being bombed during Kargil and was shown to be acting most irresponsibly during Taj attack....but has never apologized for that.
Barkha's audio tapes are very entertaining, you will have even stronger opinions about her, you should listen to it :orderorder:

1. Shouldnt have allowed to be filmed then 2. Should mention that we dont want this guy to get attention in primetime and apologize for allowing the interview 3. STFU about "Defame India" and whatever
Yeah. The points I am making is from established studies on criminal behavior. Pretty sure BBC will not even be allowed to do something like this in the UK. The third world country with their lax laws are their target now

+1.I bet they couldn't care about the publicity for the guy...all they care about it the issue not being talked about.

It doesn't include me or most people I know or am related to either.But it doesn't bother me. If the Mulayam Singh' date='chautalas ,Abu Azmi and mamata banerjees find themselves thinking and mouthing the same thoughts and this rapist and people see them as the same as the rapist...then it is worth it.If people keep quiet,then there is no hope for change....atleast we need to start thinking that this is what the mentality of a large number of people is. (lets not kid and think they are only a handful)and these people will finally feel shame someday when people see their faces with the face of a rapist.[/quote'] If not for anything in the interest of parents of the victim this interview should have never happened. Imagine the plight they go through reading this again. They have to relive this tragedy all over again. This guy should have never been given a platform to explain how twisted his mind is . He didn't stop with that. He acted as if he was speaking for India by saying 'if women go to pubs and clubs this is what every man will do'. There are gazillions of ways you can addresss this issue. This is definitely not one of them. This is hurtful for all the girls raped in India.

Its quite hypocritical that there is such an uproar in the parliament over the airing of this interview. The very collection of people (and their ilk) had passed comments which were pretty much in line with what the rapist in the interview has purportedly spouted. Some comments from the top of my mind How is the mindset of the rapist any different from that of some of the people who want the interview banned? Why even ban the interview? What we need is a paradigm shift in thinking. And that's not going to happen if people aren't willing to accept that certain kind of thinking is just not acceptable. And there is nothing *illegal* in the way the interview was carried out. Prior permissions were taken. The interview was conducted in the presence of a member of the jail administration. These kind of interviews, and/or psycho-analytical tests/IQ tests are quite common feature in the Indian penitentiary system.
Today I heard lawyer Abha singh was saying that it is illegal to broadcast an interview of undertrial O/W other undertrials will also ask for this same privilage .Soon we will find sobbing undertrials with thier sad stories and justification of crimes coming on TV

Today I heard lawyer Abha singh was saying that it is illegal to broadcast an interview of undertrial O/W other undertrials will also ask for this same privilage .Soon we will find sobbing undertrials with thier sad stories and justification of crimes coming on TV
This is exactly why there is legal provision to ban things like this from becoming a story later in many countries. Digging it open again is hurtful.

I thought the velayati folk were smarter than that. Their investments in India/Indian economy weren't based on knee jerk reactions to interviews and roasts banned in India, but on cold financial calculations. Guess I was wrong and over estimated their intelligence. Could you please provide some examples where the Indian economy took a hit because of a gag order on the media over a domestic/social issue? It would be great if you could also provide some numbers.
tourism?

LOL! What a perfect example of the Internet and the political class becoming 'Watan Ke Rakhwaale'. The shame lies in this individual's thinking which as a society we should minimize and not in broadcasting the interview. The kaanspiracy theories in the thread can give Lal Topi a good fight.

We are just a couple of steps short of the aam aadmi saying (I have data points on this), Lets bring back the firangis. This thread is just another example. To quote a man who I have intense hatred for

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

Wah... as if banning a documentary preserves country's image when we have daily rapes and backlog of thousands of rape cases in judiciary including years of delay in "fast track cases" like Nirbhaya...
I think in the interest of protecting sentiments of victims parents and other victims they should not give air time to a criminal.That is why lot of victimised people get the court order to make sure the criminal don't turn into a story. Frankly nobody gives the flying walenda about what this psychopath thinks about the victim at the time of raping. The words are hard to read even for us.. Think about the victims. They have to relive the whole ordeal hearing his heartless comments. This fu*** does not deserve air time or any kind of attention. He should just rot in prison and get beaten up by fellow prisoners until he dies. Who is he? One of the 10000s of rapist that rape girls all over the world. Why is he getting a syndicated interview like he is some sort of revolutionist ? Purely for commercial reasons as this rape shocked the entire world. All f***ing rapists will give some psychotic reasons for raping someone. You really think anyone will come and show remorse about why he raped someone? These are the things that need to be done in the background legally without sensationlization. We should punish rapists not giving platform to hear his expert opinions.

I think in the interest of protecting sentiments of victims parents and other victims they should not give air time to a criminal.That is why lot of victimised people get the court order to make sure the criminal don't turn into a story. Frankly nobody gives the flying walenda about what this psychopath thinks about the victim at the time of raping. The words are hard to read even for us.. Think about the victims. They have to relive the whole ordeal hearing his heartless comments. This fu*** does not deserve air time or any kind of attention. He should just rot in prison and get beaten up by fellow prisoners until he dies. Who is he? One of the 10000s of rapist that rape girls all over the world. Why is he getting a syndicated interview like he is some sort of revolutionist ? Purely for commercial reasons as this rape shocked the entire world. All f***ing rapists will give some psychotic reasons for raping someone. You really think anyone will come and show remorse about why he raped someone? These are the things that need to be done in the background legally without sensationlization. We should punish rapists not giving platform to hear his expert opinions.
LOL! After Talirashtra the next edition is Talinda!

LOL! What a perfect example of the Internet and the political class becoming 'Watan Ke Rakhwaale'. The shame lies in this individual's thinking which as a society we should minimize and not in broadcasting the interview. The kaanspiracy theories in the thread can give Lal Topi a good fight.
What are your thoughts on the - "Criminals should not be given air time"? I think there's some merit in that point. The logic to not air because you need a "nationalist" certificate is clearly ridiculous.

I wonder how much better are we than Taliban.I am so disappointed in this man called Modi. So much for his talks on women safety and the girl child. He is also just like the rest of the Khap type brigades. .
What will Modi do about it? It is a court ban for now.