Delhi Court blocks Delhi rape BBC documentary

AmreekanDesi

The most damning thing I picked from this story is our justice system. Scumbag(s) shouldn't be alive 15 months later to air their Neanderthal logic. The defense lawyers can spew whatever garbage within the limits of the court, its their job to defend the indefensible after all. Such major crimes have to be wrapped up within a couple of months. i honestly don't care about the documentary, its whether my country has semi-functional law and order that bothers me. Nothing else, not even educating the lakhs of losers we have will improve the lives of women as much as cracking down on the offenders, small and large.

The most damning thing I picked from this story is our justice system. Scumbag(s) shouldn't be alive 15 months later to air their Neanderthal logic. The defense lawyers can spew whatever garbage within the limits of the court, its their job to defend the indefensible after all. It shouldn't take long for such major crimes to be wrapped up a couple of months. i honestly don't care about the documentary, its whether my country has semi-functional law and order that bothers me.
Every country takes 10 year or more for death sentences (except those under Islamic laws or similar)

are you saying that the western media is not indophobic and post negative(mostly rape) news about India and doesnt flat-out ingnores those in its own backyard?
Of course it is.....and they definitely like to cover more negative stories than positive ones about India. But rapes are happening and politicians across party lines have been blaming everyone - from girls to clothes to parents to society etc.....everyone but the men who do it. And now they are saying that airing a documentary will damage India's reputation!!!

Of course it is.....and they definitely like to cover more negative stories than positive ones about India. But rapes are happening and politicians across party lines have been blaming everyone - from girls to clothes to parents to society etc.....everyone but the men who do it. And now they are saying that airing a documentary will damage India's reputation!!!
of course the rapists are blamed.They are not roaming on the streets,are they? Crime is a basic human tendency.Wherever there are humans,there will be crime.One can do nothing to stop it.

The entire point of this is to stop the documentary maker Leslie Udwin from making much profit they have succeeded in that. She has wasted 2 years of her life on something which cannot earn her much money. It sends a message to other documentary makers that they cannot profit in this manner on a tragedy. I actually welcome it being shown on youtube. Bleeds the BBC and Udwin dry.

The most damning thing I picked from this story is our justice system. Scumbag(s) shouldn't be alive 15 months later to air their Neanderthal logic. The defense lawyers can spew whatever garbage within the limits of the court, its their job to defend the indefensible after all. Such major crimes have to be wrapped up within a couple of months. i honestly don't care about the documentary, its whether my country has semi-functional law and order that bothers me. Nothing else, not even educating the lakhs of losers we have will improve the lives of women as much as cracking down on the offenders, small and large.
Surinder Koli’s death sentence commuted to life We have recently this judgement , he was ab igger monster than these

@ShekharGupta Frankly, Govt of India best promoter of rape docu. I woke up in Johannesburg and waiter with bed-tea says he saw it on Youtube last night. he actually is right. Same happened with AIB Roast - a lot of people who might not have watched it otherwise saw it bcoz the Govt wanted it banned. Even now after being banned from YouTube, its available on other sites and getting lots of views simply bcoz of the huge controversy created by the Govt ban.
lol he is just bitter that ndtv took a hit on prime time TV he can walk the talk with Roy on how NDTV made a loss. Most likely making the waiter thing up.

The entire point of this is to stop the documentary maker Leslie Udwin from making much profit they have succeeded in that. She has wasted 2 years of her life on something which cannot earn her much money. It sends a message to other documentary makers that they cannot profit in this manner on a tragedy. I actually welcome it being shown on youtube. Bleeds the BBC and Udwin dry.
The publicity she has got is worth more than any profit that could have been made if the documentary had quietly run in India.

Bleeds BBC? Why should they care? Their income is from TV Licensing....

Looks like her father wants this to be aired. I have zero reservation in that case. That was one of my concern. Though i personally don't favor documentaries about criminals this is not an exclusive interview with him as her father says. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/ban-wasnt-needed-for-truth-to-be-known-filth-has-to-come-out-says-nirbhayas-father-badrinath-singh/articleshow/46462402.cms?medium=ETFbMain&utm_campaign=ETFbMain
Sorry. Your argument will still hold true. Remember that for criminal proceedings the state (or people) being the case against the defendant. The plaintiff is BEYOND the aggrieved individual or family.