Defence News and Updates

Cricket_Hacker

"First of all, keep in ur mind that JF-17 Block I & II not meant for air superiority, its not his role. Its a Light combat Multi role aircraft , with single Engine. Its not going to take the fight with Twin engine jets like Su-30Mki ,Rafales or Typhoons or F-22 etc. for now, It has a specific role in PAF, its main role is to Defend the borders with Big Numbers, which it will do Quite easily. " ...lol Hum karein to balatkar tum karo toh chamatkar ? this is what he wrote , the rest is copy paste of generic jf17 platform mig bison has BVR siimilar envelop descriptions can be written on it too.

From all the rant i get one thing, Jf-17 the 3rd gen fighter is what pak has for the near future, no J-10 but they would try to get j-31. China has to get -31 right first. Looks like India should not spend on Rafale after all, pretty clear. If China Develops j-31/J-20 India needs AMCA/Pak FA
"First of all' date=' keep in ur mind that JF-17 Block I & II [b']not meant for air superiority, its not his role. Its a Light combat Multi role aircraft , with single Engine. Its not going to take the fight with Twin engine jets like Su-30Mki ,Rafales or Typhoons or F-22 etc. for now, It has a specific role in PAF, its main role is to Defend the borders with Big Numbers, which it will do Quite easily. " ...lol Hum karein to balatkar tum karo toh chamatkar ? this is what he wrote , the rest is copy paste of generic jf17 platform mig bison has BVR siimilar envelop descriptions can be written on it too.
I never said in this whole thread that JF-17 is for air superiority, It was you who were doing all the Wargaming for JF-17s with Su-30mkis and Rafales. F-16 is a 4th Gen fighter, will it be able to take fight with Rafales or Typhoons 4.5 Gen fighters in Air-to-Air Combat ? You ask for details, I gave you, and you wont find 90% details on wiki. you were talking about Mig 21. Now mig Bison is coming to the picture. Slowly but surely you will come to the Mirage 2000s. IMO JF-17 (Block I or II) is a Decent fighter, Equal to Mirage 2000s.

I never said in this whole thread that JF-17 is for air superiority, It was you who were doing all the Wargaming for JF-17s with Su-30mkis and Rafales. F-16 is a 4th Gen fighter, will it be able to take fight with Rafales or Typhoons 4.5 Gen fighters in Air-to-Air Combat ? You ask for details, I gave you, and you wont find 90% details on wiki. you were talking about Mig 21. Now mig Bison is coming to the picture. Slowly but surely you will come to the Mirage 2000s. IMO JF-17 (Block I or II) is a Decent fighter, Equal to Mirage 2000s.
mig21 bison is bvr mig 21 3rd gen like jf17, i think we are agreeing that jf17 is not going to take on su30mki or rafale. we differ on lca capabilities for sure, since you are pakistani.

block1 is no bvr block 2 does not have digital fbw its analog fbw even if the paf pilots are dog fight dukes which they are not they can not possible compete against 4th gen fighters with full digital fbw controls. in bvr is must say the jf17 is pretty good, the thing that then comes to play is the radar size and the 4 ship su30 or pakfa that will come in along with them2k's or lca's , all in all if you do not get j-31's u are in the ****.

Tata Motors bags order for 1,200 trucks from Indian Army

NEW DELHI: Tata MotorsBSE 0.95 % today said it has bagged an order for supplying 1,200 multi-axle trucks to the Indian Army. It is the single largest order awarded to an Indian company in land systems by the Indian army and comprises 1,200 units of high-mobility 6X6 multi-axle trucks, Tata Motors said in a statement. The trucks will be used for loading-unloading and transportation of ammunition pallets, spares and other operational equipment, it added.
Read more at: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/48017844.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

India clears defence purchases worth over Rs 29,000 crore

New Delhi: India on Tuesday cleared defence purchases worth over Rs.290 billion ($4.5 billion) at a meeting of the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC). Among the proposals cleared by the DAC at a meeting chaired by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar was the purchase for Rs.4,380 crore of an additional four Boeing P8I maritime surveillance aircraft. Also approved was a Rs.16,900 crore proposal for replacing the 1960s vintage L70 and ZU 23 anti-aircraft guns. Official sources said 428 guns will be acquired under the 'buy and make in India' clause of the Defence Procurement Proceddure (DPP). Other proposals cleared include upgradation of the weapons and sensor systems of six ships of the Delhi and Talwar class for Rs. 2,900 crore, a Brahmos training facility in Gujarat for Rs.3,000 crore and an air combat manoeuvring system for the Indian Navy's MiG-29Ks and Hawk aircraft for Rs. 200 crore.
http://zeenews.india.com/news/india/india-clears-defence-purchases-worth-over-rs-29000-crore_1630118.html

Pakistan Expands Lockheed Martin Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod Fleet

Pakistani_F-16.jpg

ORLANDO, Fla.July 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) received a follow-on foreign military sale contract to produce and upgrade Sniper® Advanced Targeting Pods (ATP) for the Pakistan Air Force's F-16 fleet. The contract includes the production of 15 Sniper ATPs and upgrades to the Pakistan Air Force's existing 22 Sniper ATPs.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/14/lockheed-martin-con-idUSnPn3TbStx+94+PRN20150714

Edited by KeyboardWarrior

Pakistan, China Finalize 8-Sub Construction Plan

Chinese_Kilo_in_service.jpg

ISLAMABAD — Pakistan has finalized its long-negotiated submarine deal with China, with four to be built in China and four in Pakistan. Analysts believe the submarines will go a long way toward maintaining a credible conventional deterrent against India, and also largely secure the sea-based arm of Pakistan's nuclear triad.

http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/naval/submarines/2015/10/11/pakistan-china-finalize-8-sub-construction-plan/73634218/