I hope people are watching Ishant Sharma bowling rubbish

fineleg

Shwetabh, Are you watching I.S. bowl the current spell (day 5 after pak are 3 wickets down)? Very disappointing, he is spraying ball after ball wide outside offstump as 4s are being gifted. I guess after I post this, he may take a wicket and then you will chide me! Anyways, as erratic as it can get.

IS has a lot of time by his side. Today he was way better in terms of running up to the crease and hitting the crease hard. His line and length is wanting but he looked way confident though. Of late I see bowlers concentrating on bowling line and length hoping to pick a lot of wickets. I guess this trend started since McGrath became very successful. Why aren't bowlers emulating the likes of Wasim Akram? In few years swing bowlers will be endangered.

Shwetabh, Are you watching I.S. bowl the current spell (day 5 after pak are 3 wickets down)? Very disappointing, he is spraying ball after ball wide outside offstump as 4s are being gifted. I guess after I post this, he may take a wicket and then you will chide me! Anyways, as erratic as it can get.
Fineleg, I am not sure if you have noticed the trend of my posts but I seldom criticize or praise anyone purely on reading the scorecard. No, I did not watch the match last night and I agree with you that his first spell of 7 overs was rubbish. My gripe only has to do with the fact that during an impressive spell with the second new ball all you were posting here were the poor deliveries from cricinfo.

Accept it guys, dont you all think I am this unbelievably intelligent dude, who foretells this future ? :giggle: I backed Ishant when he was bowling unqualified rubbish against the Pakistanis. Though I did say this,

I liked the look of Ishant when i first saw in Bangladesh. As the match commentators themselves have been saying, he has all the basic ingredients - Pace, bounce, movement. That for a 19 year-old is quite new in international cricket. Of course, getting a 5 wicket haul doesnt mean he has come of age. I think he will struggle in Aus if he is selected in the team. However, as i keep saying, he is one for the future
But you all know I was just kidding right ? :yay:

even i was saying he will be the one to look out for in Aus tour.. infact, i said last year watch out for this guy before paki series.. double infact, i said 5 years back when he was playing in my gully that he will be dangerous quicki in next 5 yrs.. triple infact, i said 10 yrs ago.. when he was purely a batsman that he will be a good bowler one day.. ok nevermind.. thats too much.. anyways ROCK ON ISHANT..

It was me again who backed Ishatn.. rest all were just cursing the hell out of new youngsters.. i bumped that other Ishant sharma thread a while back.. i reckon it was started by shwetabh.. who actually agreed later..
I have zero qualms on going back on my cricketing predictions. I just try to analyze what I see and so what if I get it wrong, it's only a game that I follow not my profession and try to come back with better predictions the next time. Even cricketers who have played international cricket for years get it wrong, so what's the big deal!
I have zero qualms on going back on my cricketing predictions. I just try to analyze what I see and so what if I get it wrong' date=' it's only a game that I follow not my profession and try to come back with better predictions the next time. Even cricketers who have played international cricket for years get it wrong, so what's the big deal![/quote'] AREY Yaar main kaunsa bol rah hoon kuch.. infact i said u agreed..