Karthik's keeping

Mr. Wicket

All based on a test pitch with varied bounce and bowlers spraying. Kartik is a natural wkt-keeper. Dhoni is ahead only because of his batting. C'mon guys one innings isn't enough to right off players like Gambhir, Kartik, Ishant Sharma, etc. Even Mahatma Gandhi can score in Indian pitches. So, we need to pick players who have played well abroad (recently, like in Eng and not somebody 3 yeard back, like Sehwag).

Guest HariSampath
All based on a test pitch with varied bounce and bowlers spraying. Kartik is a natural wkt-keeper. Dhoni is ahead only because of his batting. C'mon guys one innings isn't enough to right off players like Gambhir, Kartik, Ishant Sharma, etc. Even Mahatma Gandhi can score in Indian pitches. So, we need to pick players who have played well abroad (recently, like in Eng and not somebody 3 yeard back, like Sehwag).
When Mahatma Gandhi can score on Indian pitches...Karthik has failed to do that .... even against 3rd rate Pakistan....his form against England was what gave him this entire series, and he has been exposed.... so what about Sehwag who has averaged more than KKD( career wise) even when he was at his worst in his last 13 test inngs abroad ??

was dravid dropped for english tour??? and pathan was never in the eng tour anyway.. and i am not saying selection should be based on England tour... only the bowling candidates.. and those were zaheer and r.p.. and they are by default in our 16 for Aus.. sri is offcourse injured i don't give a crap if Karthik scored runs in England.. i don't want him to tour Aus.. he is too weak..

Guest HariSampath
so if selection to Aus is purely based on that one Eng tour....you are saying " drop Dravid" ???
to coffee_rules : so if selection to Aus is purely based on that one Eng tour....you are saying " drop Dravid" ???
he got one 50 there and was sawn off by umpires in couple of innings. Plus he was the captain of a series win abroad. He was not a total failure there. He was in a good knick even on ODIs. This criteria is only for border-line picks. Kartik is one such pick. I wouldn't consider Dravid in the same boat as Kartik. Also, Sehwag has not shown any interest in demanding a recall. He is not even scoring against Ranji bowlers. As per your criteria, he shouldn't be picked for Aus or for that matter for Delhi as well. He is hurting Delhi's chances of winning the Ranji this year.
Guest HariSampath
by the way, with due respect to Bapuji....Mahatma Gandhi had performed very well in England...in South Africa AND in India...., which is why all of us are free LOL :two_thumbs_up:
Guest HariSampath
he got one 50 there and was sawn off by umpires in couple of innings. Plus he was the captain of a series win abroad. He was not a total failure there. He was in a good knick even on ODIs. This criteria is only for border-line picks. Kartik is one such pick. I wouldn't consider Dravid in the same boat as Kartik. Also, Sehwag has not shown any interest in demanding a recall. He is not even scoring against Ranji bowlers. As per your criteria, he shouldn't be picked for Aus or for that matter for Delhi as well. He is hurting Delhi's chances of winning the Ranji this year.
But Sehwag has averaged more than Dravid, even if the respective last 13 inngs are considered...and why apply this logic to Sehwag, who IS NOT and has never been a borderline case ( see even his last test...40)
Guest HariSampath
dont talk about umpiring...and talk of tests alone. Dravid has scored 275 runs in last 11 test inngs... and has been dropped from ODI as well, AND a failure in England...so should he go ? ( dont say he was captain in Eng... he is not even captai of Karnataka now... so talk about test form for test selection)
Guest HariSampath

Sehwag has averaged more in his last 13 test inngs than Dravid in his last 11 inngs.... so why should Sehwag be considered a failure and Dravid a sure selection ??

Guest HariSampath
hari' date=' u seem to be pretty keen on leaving The WALL out??[/quote'] NO... I had clearly stated on other 2 threads as well, I would like Dravid to play one more match and he should NOT be compelled to open. I want VVS to open and I had quoted stats as well as other reasons for that. I will prefer Dravid at 3 initially in Aus. This was just to show how unfair it must have been for Sehwag to be tagged as a failure and be dropped when players like Dravid now are even worse in terms of last dozen test inngs. People may argue " but look at Dravid's entire career"...exactly... and correct too....similarily look at Sehwag's entire career

Karthik seems very low on confidence. He seems like a man that doesnt feel certain of anything. However, he is usually a good wicket keeper, and if he focused on that for sometime, he may be a good keeper again. I feel he is just short on practice. I think Karthik is a better keeper than Parthiv.

Guest HariSampath
I am guessing that Rahul Dravid is not a friend of Mr. Harisampath.
Nonsense...I am an absolute admirer ( maybe not worshipper, Rads..).. but despite so many asking for his head or forcing him to open, why do you think I am all for preserving him at #3 and give him that one chance on boxing day ??.... and wait for tomorrow...btw