McGrath suggests all-pace attack to tackle India

Cricketics

the aussie bowling attack has got the hype they wanted.. and ppl are worried for no reason.. The hype has been built by the players like Mcgrath, Gilespie who served Australian team for the good for plenty of years.. and hence when both of these are absent from Aussie side.. the youngsters have got the hype.. even though only one of them has come terrificly good and that is Stuart Clark.. Brett Lee has been on and off regardless of his injury.. surely, its one of those better bowling attacks but certainly not the best bowling attack.. and Indian batsmanz would expose the aussie bowlers down under this summer..

I have no doubt that India's batsmen will get the better of Australia's bowlers. What i am concerned about is how India's bowlers will take 20 wickets.
How are you so sure? Just becos Tait, Clark and Lee are not big names like McG, does not mean they are not very good. Lee is Akthar without his fitness problems - so Lee can have some very good spells. Clark - very consistent, excellent find for Aus Tait - injuries have plagued him, but in very good form. Indian batsmen have to play out of their skins to do well in Aus. They may do that. But to say that you have no doubt they will get the better of Aus bowlers, I'd like to know why you say that. PS: 4th bowler - maybe a spinner (Hogg) or another fast bowler...who'd be their 4th fast bowler if they go that route?

well the only way we can do that is for someone to thrash johnson believe me or not i actually fear him the most man i wish sehwag gets picked i want this NIGGER thrashed and guys believe me the indian bowler that i trust of taking aus wkts is RP singh lets hope he gets into his rhythm

Seriously, be very wary of underestimating Brett Lee. He looked absolutely unplayable yesterday, and was hitting the high 150s with incredible accuracy and swinging it both ways. Brett Lee is a much improved bowler compared to 4 years ago, and if any of us are underestimating him it will be at our own teams peril. Tait, has more pace than Lee, but I feel Lee at the moment is just bowling unbelievably well.

Cricketics the Aussie bowling is in fact undermined. They were on fire yesterday on the WACA pitch. Lee was sensational and so were Tait and Johnson. I think Indians will struggle on WACA pitch against the Aussies. Indians have a chance to put one across in Sydney but the rest two test matches will hinge on how well the Indians apopt to Aussies conditions. The Aussie bowlers in Aussie conditions are as good as you can get. Sri Lanka's batting in couple of innings in the recent past series may well give us a bit of solace but it won't be easy for India and I don't think the Aussie attack is over rated. They have fantastic bunch of bowlers that can swing and seam at high pace.

Cricketics the Aussie bowling is in fact undermined. They were on fire yesterday on the WACA pitch. Lee was sensational and so were Tait and Johnson. I think Indians will struggle on WACA pitch against the Aussies. Indians have a chance to put one across in Sydney but the rest two test matches will hinge on how well the Indians apopt to Aussies conditions. The Aussie bowlers in Aussie conditions are as good as you can get. Sri Lanka's batting in couple of innings in the recent past series may well give us a bit of solace but it won't be easy for India and I don't think the Aussie attack is over rated. They have fantastic bunch of bowlers that can swing and seam at high pace.
How do you think the Indian bowlers will do at the WACA, Ravi ?
How do you think the Indian bowlers will do at the WACA' date=' Ravi ?[/quote'] Without doubt RP will top the list for me. He bowls the ball fuller and lets it swing. Of all the bowlers he is the sharpest and will be quite good. Probably in the same league as M Johnson. Zaheer will be good but I don't trust him to do the job as he often gets carried away on fast and bouncy pitches and ends up bowling way shorter than required. With the ball carrying well enough he will have to pitch the ball up and let the Aussies drive on the up. Aussies are adept at playing in those conditions and short balls won't trouble them. I think Munaf will be a good choice as the pitch has pace and bounce. Even if he bowls at mid 130s he will be quite handy given the height he delivers from. I think Kumble will be pretty good on WACA with his variations. I am more worries about the Indian batting on WACA though.

The thing is on the WACA ... 2 Australians can reach speeds of just under 160km/h, and another can reach about 150km/h. The other is about 6"5 and can extract steep bounce. We will be lucky if any of our bowlers reach 150km/h. There is no substitute for sheer pace, and this Australian attack is an unbelievably quick pace attack.

We will understimate the Aussie attack at our own peril. They brushed aside the relatively good Lankan attack with ease. The challenge, as i have pointed out earlier too, is to get past the new ball with relatively less damage. If we go into lunch batting first, 80/1 or 105/2, we are fine. As Lanka showed in the second test at Hobart, It is possible to run the Aussie attack ragged once you get past their opening spells. The onus is hugely on the Indian openers Even if we dont come up with 100 partnerships, i would like to think atleast one of our openers has to make a sizeable score every innings for us to put pressure on their batsman. Its going to be an awesome contest