Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

Blah blah blah...It is evident to everyone from your posts that your heartburn is because a non-Bollywood film got such rave reviews and the film is a visual spectacle. If you did not like it, you could have made 1 post with your review and be done with ( like a few others have done in this thread itself ) - you don't see anyone arguing with them but many have a problem with your posts as they stink of an agenda. You had to google all the bad reviews and post them, post all irrelevant Hollywood movie videos and try to derail the thread. Anyway - will be interesting to see Bahubali collections post Bajrangi Bhaijaan release. The cream of collections is done IMO but do the tired legs have a few steps more?
You have displayed the limitations of your logical deducting skills on many occasions, so unless you have turned in to a psychic, my agenda will continue to be a mystery to you :P Why would I limit myself to one post? How often do you get a chance to contribute on a thread where a regular masala film is claimed to be Ind's greatest? :rofl: And if you believe in what you said, why not stop yourself from promoting this ordinary film? Now if the film was shot in some other language say Bhojpuri w/ Bhojpuri stars, I doubt that you would be claiming it as Ind's greatest :winky: Well, I don't know why are you so focused on BO collections? Say Bajrangi Bhaijaan ends up collecting INR800 crores, it would not necessarily mean it is Ind's best film ever. Similarly for Bahubali .... Anyways, below is another review for the film:
Worst Movie ever Watched 1/10 Author: nchandracr from India 16 July 2015 After waiting for more than two years taught it will give a more exiting one than Magahadeera. But this totally Killed the Hype they have created saying its the Highest budget Movie in India. Why is that everyone is comparing this to 300, life of Pi and Avatar and even boasting to Give Oscar. I am neither telling this movie sucks. But there is nothing new in the movie. All the character are except Ramya Krishnan Look Lifeless. The fight, The climbing all the scene so childish and more worst is the fight scene. The hero kills so many people but not even a stain of blood on his Hand . Come on guys at-least little practical in this is also not there. They have showed liked they are gods and indestructible. It was such a waste to watch a Movie for 3 hrs and then come to know that this is no better than what they hype in Media and News. I was thrilled to know that we are in a way competing with Hollywood by this movie. But surely we are very far behind the same. Please work on the graphic part , the visualization and something realistic more than hero jumping buildings without breaking a leg. And Tammanna is worthless with that Make up and acting.

IMDB rating 9.4 Rett you need to work harder.
It is based on user votes. Happy New Year's was at 8.8 or 9 something when it was released. It has now dropped to 5 to 6 range :P Godfather after all these years is at 9.2 :hatsoff:

But isn't godfather's also based on user votes?
Ofc, it is. But appears as if you have missed the point I made. :haha: Hints - read what I wrote about HNY's ratings early on (promoters rating it high early on, then the ratings going down) .... While Godfathers is at 9.2 after all "these" years ... Also godfather is at 9.2, bahubaali is at 9.4 so it also implies that something is wrong with Bahubali,s ratings (what could possibly be wrong - see HNY' eg of how it was rated early on, idiots voting, etc) If you believe that Bahubali > Godfather, and those biased votes reflect that, I can understand your question :hysterical:

more:

The worst movie Ever in my Life!! 1/10 Author: Neha Reddy A from India 17 July 2015 I watched this movie after a week after the movie released and surprisingly the theatre was housefull.After the first half i think that,Why is such a elobaration needed about hero and his past.Bloody Romantic songs.Only the war scenes wer good.That's it.Everything is a copy from Hollywood war scenes.War scenes were quite copy of Dwayne Johnson's HERCULES movie.And Please don't waste a hero's career for your stupid attempt RAJAMOULI.MAgadheera is the best among Rajamouli's movies.There is no way a tollywood movie can be hailed till Hollywood/bollywood because of our Copy/paste type of Directors.I am extremely disappointed and suffered with Headache for 2 hours because of BAhubali.Its a worst movie!!
They had lot of money and time to waste 2/10 Author: (shata-18352) 17 July 2015 This is a very bad one, by a director who I liked till this one. This is like a small child trying to tell a complex story. But he do not understand how things work. You just have believe every thing the child says. There is no flow , It just jumps from one situation to another. And in the battle scene , This is a huge field . Bahubali and Bhallala will be fighting in the battle and there mother who is far away from them will be watching as if there are fighting in front of her . This logic is through out the movie. One can not help but notice bad graphics through out the movie like the video games came out in 2005 It is shocking considering how munch was spent for the movie.
Why Baahubali failed on an epic scale? 5/10 Author: wehateknowledge 16 July 2015 I am not going to question how Sivudu carried a nearly two ton shiva lingam nor will I question how he scaled a waterfall that high. I will give it to the fiction. But even a fiction should abide by some rules to become a great fiction. Heres what I thought. To start with the story – There is a kingdom called 'Maahishmathi' around which the story revolves and their is a neighboring kingdom called 'Kunthala desam', both on a very big mountain. There's a very big river that starts from the Himalayan like mountain ranges that are on the upper side of the kingdom and flows through Maahishmathi and Kunthala to come down as a great waterfall. Thats one hell of a waterfall to see.(But I don't know how they do their trade when they have mountain ranges on one side and water fall on the other. Fine I give it to the fiction.) The just born prince of the kingdom is carried down the hill by the royal mother (not queen) Sivagami to save him from the chasing guards and dies in the act. Some tribal woman from the nearby village takes the baby as his son and the prince grows up as Sivudu with out knowing he is a highborn. From a very early age he dreams to climb up the gigantic fall to see whats there on the top. After many failed attempts he finds inspiration in a mask that comes rolling down the waterfall and whose sand impression reveals the face of a beautiful girl. As is the case with any other man he climbs the mountain imagining her as the beautiful angel calling him to climb up and finally does so. All for a woman? OK... happens. Once he is on the top, he realizes that she is a warrior woman who walks awkwardly. Wait.... I realized she walks awkwardly and he realized she is a warrior who belongs to a group of people trying to free the prisoner Devasena(Once upon a time queen of Kunthala desam). She takes oath to be the next warrior to try and free Devasena. Sivudu attempts to approach her secretly but at one point she confronts him and he starts to strip her off some clothes to make her realize she is a woman and after a song she sleeps with him. (Wait...what??? Mind = Blown. Seriously, where is the exit door?). Anyways, as the night passes by, she wakes up and remembers her duty, thank god. Really, Thank you god. That was embarrassing. I felt the writer was in a hurry and wanted to finish the story soon. Kattappa, is a warrior and military head, whose grandparents pledged to the throne that their bloodline will serve the kingdom forever. His loyalty is demonstrated clearly when Aslam khan, a weapon trader comes to the kingdom to sell swords with out learning anything about the military head. (thats very odd for a weapon trader). Though he is loyal to the king, he tries to free the prisoner Devasena and in one occasion pleads the king to do so. The later part of the story is all about the brothers Bahubali and Bhallaladeva. When I stepped out of the theater all I could recall was 'Parameshwara', a prayer that Sivagami does at the very beginning of the movie. Thats it. Nasser as Bijjala is as usual. Tamanna as Avantika seemed like she needs a lot of practice in sword fight and walk. Anushka as Devasena is dark and red eyed and mostly silent. Sathyaraj as Kattappa makes you forget his age during some of the sword fights and did really great job. Rana as Bhallaladeva is fierce but not dangerous enough. Prabhas as Bahubali is excellent but in the role of Sivudu, he needed some retakes. Ramyakrishna as Sivagami is only character that is on a different level. Her voice reverberates in your head even after the curtains come down. Take a bow, lady. You are the only best one in the movie. No one else comes close to you. The characters are loosely coupled and superficial. It was as if the director forced me into believing who is bad and who is good. No, I don't like it that way. You tell the story and I will decide whom I should support. You don't put words in my mouth. Thats how it works. It worked for Hollywood and it will work for us. The movie has some great visuals and war episode but it lacked in screen play and story. It lacked in establishing the characters better. It lacked in intelligent conversations. An epic movie with out conversation is like a ten second advertisement. You will forget it in no time. I never for a second wondered what each character is thinking. It was so easy to guess and there was no emotional attachment with the film. I was not invested in any character in the movie. That made the film very superficial. Rajamouli in one of his interviews said he made the villain big so everyone thinks the man who beats such villain appears great. But no, just fighting a beast wont make a person hero. His character does. His wisdom does. I would not mind even three part series if I am invested in the movie and its story. But given that there will be two parts, he could have developed characters in a much much better way and if he could not find enough space, he could have kicked the songs out. I know I am being too much critical about the movie because we are reaching wider audience and I don't want to settle with anything less than a marvel from us. Until then I will criticize and will not settle. Go on and try again Rajamouli. We are waiting – for that one marvel from you. Until then...
All Hype No Heart 5/10 Author: snaidu422 from hyderabad 14 July 2015 When it is announced that tollywood is embarking on a first of its kind visual "epic", curiosity rose to the skies, the budget (250 crores), the stellar cast and the technicians all brought goose pimples to tollywood audience, especially when it was announced that the story was so mammoth it needed two parts to tell it. While we walk into the multiplex screening this mammoth spectacle of epic proportions, we prepare ourselves for a visual grandeur of a la Cleopatra, ten commandments, Spartacus or even Ben-hur, but sadly that was not to be, and "BAHUBALI" does disappoint on lot of areas, primarily the screenplay and the story. The movie begins with queen mother Sivagami (Ramyakrishna) trying to save an infant from some soldiers and dies just after handing over the baby to a tribal queen Sanga (Rohini). Rohini christens the boy as Sivudu (Prabhas), who actually develops an infatuation over a mountain peak and wants to see what lies beyond it. One day he succeeds in his mission and goes over the peak and runs into a rebel Avanthika (Tamannah Bhatia) and falls for her. Avanthika is on a rescue mission to save a certain Devasena (Anushka Shetty) who was imprisoned by the cruel king Balala Deva (Daguppati Rana) for more than 25 years. Devasena is waiting anxiously for her son to come and rescue her, though repeated requests from her loyalist Kattappa (Sathyaraj) to free her fell on deaf ears. Sivudu, takes over the mission from Avanthika and enters the kingdom of Mahishmathi to rescue Devasena. He succeeds in rescuing her and also killing the crown prince. Out in the wilderness, he learns the truth about his father Bahubali (prabhas again) and how he was treacherously killed by none other than.......................... Sure, the movie was mounted on a mammoth scale, but what was lacking was a proper storyline. I know fans of the actors would argue that the real story is in the part II and this was just giving us a taste of what was to come. Well! I still say that they should have done a better job at giving us a good taste. The battle scene (only one) was neatly choreographed by Peter Heins and yes it does bring to memory lot of Hollywood epic battle scenes most notably 300 and Troy. Anushka Shetty was breathtakingly horrific as Devasena, her eyes spewing venom and the prosthetic makeup on her was natural and radiated a kind of zombiesque look, but it was magnificent. Tamannah Bhatia was the surprise package, she looked glamorous in the strip battle scene ( a format borrowed heavily from Zorro series starring Catherina Zeta Jones and Antonio Banderas) and was chilling as the blood thirsty rebel hacking and chopping her way in her actual introduction sequence. The movie belongs to RamyaKrishna who takes charge as Sivagami and radiates an immense presence even in scenes where she is not to be seen. Her performance when she cuts the throat of a traitor and immediately goes back to singing a lullaby to her baby was chillingly horrific. Prabhas disappoints big time, what was he thinking using the same bhimavaram accent and the hairstyle, they should have at least done something about these two. He does appear confused with both the roles, maybe we get to see some performance in the second part. Rana too dashes hopes, he is not so menacing as the publicity designs make him to be. He is just a sorry mess of Duryodhana and Rameses, the Egyptian pharaoh. Sathyaraj's character reminds you too much of Bheeshma from Mahabharata, a person who knows his king is wrong, but what the hell, he has sworn allegiance and he is to stand by the king. Music by Keeravani is forgettable, you don't remember any of the songs except the "pachhabottu" song, even that because of Tamannah's strip act. KK Senthil Kumar's cinematography is a wow, he has managed to capture every single thing the way it was meant to be. The battle scenes were beautifully covered, so was Sivudu's mission impossible mountain hike as well as the palace grandeur. End of the day, it only looks like SS Rajamouli has bitten more than he can chew this time. But yes he does deserve a pat on the back for even thinking of mounting a movie on such a scale, if only he had concentrated on the story as well, we would have had a epic adventure on our hands.
What a waste of Time and Money! 5/10 Author: Charanjeet Dadiyala from Chandrapur, India 14 July 2015 Have you ever thought, how bad a most awaited flick will ever be??? Just go and watch this one!!! ‪#‎Disappointed‬!! An Epic drama with a ‪#‎cliched‬ story of Blood v/s Blood for the throne, for the control of a kingdom! ‪#‎Overhyped‬ VFX, a movie which is nearly ‪#‎stretched‬ for 2 hours 39 minutes! With not so great acting performances!!! ‪#‎Ramya‬ Krishnan stood out for me!! She's got acting talent, those glowing eyes and perfect aura to play SIVAGAMI..! ‪#‎Wonderful‬ !! ‪#‎Rana‬ as the bad guy (Bhallaladev) took the film with storm!! He was looking ‪#‎smashing‬, and played well !! ‪#‎Sathyaraj‬ as Kattappa and ‪#‎Nassar‬ as the evil mama, both had a very great impact throughout the film. ‪#‎Prabhas‬, I am not impressed by his performance. Just ‪#‎average‬! He just managed to play Bahubali. Acting wise and look wise too!! ‪#‎Anushka‬ Shetty as the mother, another #average performance, she just reminded me of Rakhi in Karan Arjun (Aayenge!! Mere Karan Arjun Aayenge).. Facepalm! ‪#‎Tammanah‬ Bhatia was the ‪#‎worst‬ in the cast! She's got nothing in the name of acting skills! A total NO NO!!! and sadly Ramya Krishana's role is way too shorter and Tammanah haunts you nearly in the complete first half! ‪#‎Songs‬ were literally ‪#‎TORTURE‬! VFX, They were a mixture of "WOW" and "Oh, god! That's looking so fake"! The last epic battle scene was the highlight. The ‪#‎Narration‬ is as ‪#‎lazy‬ as a sloth, as the story was literally dozing off in the complete first half! Background score has to be "spine chilling", but it wasn't!!! The overall narration and visualization, is somewhat inspired (read ‪#‎COPIED‬) from many famous Hollywood flicks, like 300, Avatar, Ghost Rider, LOTR, even GOT, and not to forget our own Mahabharat and our own "Karan Arjun" ! WHO NEEDS A COMPLETE 2 hours 39 minutes MOVIE TO BUILD SHEER THE PLOT OF THE FILM?????? It was incomplete too Rajamoulli!!! first half is a complete waste of time.. Second half is just the flashback and after all that, the director wants to wait till 2016? Na.. not done! Again, the second installment's story is crystal clear! Any 10 year old kid can guess it now!! It was a laugh riot for me! Most of the audience were laughing out loud, just to keep themselves alive and survive till the end! That new "KILILI" language and those black guys were the most entertaining part! grin emoticon If the movie was less stretchy, and moreover "complete", with the revenge saga, it would have been better! Moral: if a movie makes a whooping collection of Rs.165 crore in a weekend, doesn't make the movie is worth watching (As we already know that) and only VFX can't save the film! Disappointed!! Want my money back!

Watched it finally and now I can surely say that a film of such gargantuan ambitions and vision has never been made in India before. To people calling it inspired from here and there, I will tell them that there is no original story left and every film is inspired from some where but even if inspired not many in India could execute a film of such a big canvas with such success. Like Quentin Tarantino once said "“I steal from every single movie ever made.†So, it isn't about what you are inspired from but how do you execute it. Films of such big canvas are never about a great story but visualization and execution leaving people awestruck, for example, LOTR. I watched it in 2-5 matinee show in a single screen theater which would never have been allotted big Bollywood star films and there was never before a day in that theater that I had seen such a rush and I have seen a lot of films there. Despite the film being shown in 5 theaters in the city, in its second week, the show before me was houseful, our show was jam packed and still so many could not get the tickets, and show after me was houseful too. This must be unprecedented in the history of that theater and that too for a non-Hindi film. Most of the people who watched it would not even know the real name of the actor who played Bahubali, but they were there watching the film and some of them were watching it in a repeat who were shouting and commentating what scene was to come. Now, you know the kind of impact the film has left.

Watched it finally and now I can surely say that a film of such gargantuan ambitions and vision has never been made in India before. To people calling it inspired from here and there, I will tell them that there is no original story left and every film is inspired from some where but even if inspired not many in India could execute a film of such a big canvas with such success. Like Quentin Tarantino once said "“I steal from every single movie ever made.†So, it isn't about what you are inspired from but how do you execute it. Films of such big canvas are never about a great story but visualization and execution leaving people awestruck, for example, LOTR. I watched it in 2-5 matinee show in a single screen theater which would never have been allotted big Bollywood star films and there was never before a day in that theater that I had seen such a rush and I have seen a lot of films there. Despite the film being shown in 5 theaters in the city, in its second week, the show before me was houseful, our show was jam packed and still so many could not get the tickets, and show after me was houseful too. This must be unprecedented in the history of that theater and that too for a non-Hindi film. Most of the people who watched it would not even know the real name of the actor who played Bahubali, but they were there watching the film and some of them were watching it in a repeat who were shouting and commentating what scene was to come. Now, you know the kind of impact the film has left.
In place did u see this movie in india or US??

So according to rett Good reviews = bad Bad reviews = bad
I already said that film is a regular masala movie with good art direction. .... My points are against it being Ind's greatest so anything less than 8/10 would count towards my point :dontknow:

Finally watched it. The first half was weird to say the least. Tamannah's acting was horrible. The second half was good and gives hope for a promising part 2. Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
In the hopefully promising p2, in the: a) 1st half - expect love triangle amongst Bahubali, Bhalla and "mera beta ayaga" w/ Bahubali getting killed b) 2nd half - Shivadu + rebel army will beat Bhalla who would be thrown into fire created from twigs gathered by you know whom. Shivadu will be crowned the king. Everyone will be happy

Jose Mourinho: 'The dogs bark but the caravan goes on' Baahubali' (Bahubali) 2nd Weekend Collection at Box Office: Prabhas Starrer Inches Closer to Rs 350-Crore Mark http://www.ibtimes.co.in/baahubali-2nd-weekend-collection-box-office-prabhas-starrer-inches-closer-rs-350-crore-mark-639796 Still cannot believe the visual effects of the movie :hail: Landmark in Indian cinema. Going forward, India cinema will be classified as BB ( Before Bahubali ) and AB ( After Bahubali ) :--D

I already said that film is a regular masala movie with good art direction. .... My points are against it being Ind's greatest so anything less than 8/10 would count towards my point :dontknow:
regardless of whether it is the greatest Indian movie or not. It created sensation throughout India and is a huge success that is all that matters. what you or I think does not matter, all that matters is how the mango man responds to the film. It is quite rare when a film releases with huge expectations and actually meets / exceeds those expectations.

regardless of whether it is the greatest Indian movie or not. It created sensation throughout India and is a huge success that is all that matters. what you or I think does not matter, all that matters is how the mango man responds to the film. It is quite rare when a film releases with huge expectations and actually meets / exceeds those expectations.
I hv nothing against its commercial success. Mango-men are already posting its BO figures HNY did well at BO too, so did kick, ....