Windows 10 Rollout

Kalia_Test

upgraded yesterday night man took lot of time to upgrade. This will help someone planning the upgrade. It took close to three hours for me. The download to USB drive then the installation itself. I dont have a SSD on my machine. But the hardware is pretty solid i7 quad core and 32 gb.

Still stuck wit error code 0x8007025D - 0x2000C :hitler:
If your windows 8 is oem. you need to wait too many drivers issues. I have a dell xps windows 8.1 I still get the notifictaion saying my windows will be updated in next wave of updates.

If your windows 8 is oem. you need to wait too many drivers issues. I have a dell xps windows 8.1 I still get the notifictaion saying my windows will be updated in next wave of updates.
Win 7 pro oem .... i think i got that next wave message as well but i thought that i should be able to install it with the usb anyways

Win 7 pro oem .... i think i got that next wave message as well but i thought that i should be able to install it with the usb anyways
Nope. It will have driver issues. Some OEM folks have different drivers than the drivers given out by manufactures. I am pretty sure you are encountering one like that

Nope. It will have driver issues. Some OEM folks have different drivers than the drivers given out by manufactures. I am pretty sure you are encountering one like that
so i guess "patience" is the key here

not photos...just feel good stuff. Not that important but still:((
Windows 10 changes a lot of default programs. If you remember the program that used to open the files with the image extension earlier, then set that program as default ( type default programs in the left bottom and it is fairly simple from there). For one of my laptops, I had Irfanview as default but the upgrade changed it and some files were not opening. I set Irfanview as default and it is working.

Over this weekend, I finally managed to upgrade my main laptop to W10 Pro. Did the following: 1. Downloaded new W10P to USB 2. Reinstalled W7P 3. Uninstalled AV and disabled various programs from start up (standard step) 4. Removed one of the SSDs 5. Removed one of the memory sticks And I was able to install it. From my "extensive" experience in trying to install the new OS. I feel that you get the lightest and fastest OS when you try to install W10 and it goes to around 10% in the copying files stages after restart but it cannot install further and restores your OS back to Win7 .... At this point, I believe that the installer deletes unnecessary W7 files and upgrades some of the files to the latest version. This means that you get a lightening fast OS