Cheating Methods in Exam..?

theguyinallblue

Many of us might have cheated in exams...either in college or school.. what were the methods used by you.. i never cheated in school exams....but in board exam....there was a very generous and noble invigilator who allowed students to copy answers..but without any noise..for 30 minutes.. i sat with a friend of mine on his desk and copied his answer for a biology question in 12th. this was my first cheating... then during my B.Tech..i copied inches to inches from a girl's sheet in enginnering drawing practicals.. gave 250 to lab ass for 10 of us hostelers to allow this..:D have written few very lenghty formulae on a ruler...on calculator cover....heck even on the admit card..:haha: but i was not a habitual cheater...these were just contingency plan in case i miss something... never kept any minuscule chits....

in Hindi language we call it "Fur-ray" don't know if anyone has heard that word before.. thatz how we call it a "Fur-rah" with all the answers on one paper used to be either inside the socks or iff its winter time then inside the hidden pocket of the blazer.. go towards the teacher "May i go to restroom" then do the honourz.. come back to the class and don't even look @ the question paper, but start writing on the answer sheet with high Velocity as u might forget the answer which u just read from the "Fur-rah"

I wrote formulas, important facts and stuff on my arm. Wore long sleeves to the exam, sat in the back. Folded the sleeve back and forth and nobody noticed. Got a bit more sophisticated as i grew older. Hid little cheat sheets in my pen; rolling them up 'til they were really thin and then sticking them into my pen (i'd open up the refill to pull them out). On some tests i was allowed to carry formula sheets to the exam. So i'd take one big cheat sheet with me. After the teacher looked through my real formula sheets and turned his back on me, i'd switch them around. Worked every time. They were typed up in the same font, same page structure, spacing, etc. So from a distance, you couldn't tell the difference. The best was when the TI-83 graphing calculator came out in the early 2000's. Initially teachers weren't aware of the fact that students could type entire essays into them (creating them as "programs") and for the first few years, i used to cheat off it like crazy. Eventually, they became smarter and before every final exam we took the invigilator would clear the memory in the calculator before he gave us the test questions/scantron.

i never cheated in school exams....but in board exam....there was a very generous and noble invigilator who allowed students to copy answers..but without any noise..for 30 minutes.. ....
Thats a little crazy! Where do you get proctors who allow such things knowingly? Hmmm

In one of the internals (not finals), one of us had bought the test question paper from the guy who cyclostyles (before photocopiers). The internals are written in note-books previously purchased from the college. I had atleast read the questions and wrote the answers in the exam. One guy even wrote the answers in that book and went to the exam and pretended to write over it. Needless to say, we all got 25/25. The internals only count 1/4 of the final assessment. That was the only time I cheated. Even during board exams when the teacher was allowing copying openly, I had refrained.

I remember carrying small bits for my high school chemistry practicals exam. We had salt analysis during which were were given an unknown salt ( like NaHCO3, or NaCl etc). We were to perform a series of tests on them to determine what it was. Each salt had its own particular tell-tale signs ( like Calcium Carbonate gives brisk effervescence when dilute hydrochloric acid was added to it). I couldnt possibly be bothered to memorize all the indicators for each and every salt, so i wrote up small bits as an aid. I have also had some really funny incidents in school with regards to copying. First was was related to me of course. It was in my 8th standard and I had taken hindi as my third language. They had some really basic questions and one of them was the Hindi translation of English words. I had almost finished the exam but didnt know the answer for just one questions - The Hindi translation of the English word "Village". Somehow, it kept slipping my memory. Even though i spent nearly 10 mins thinking about it, i couldnt get it. So, i finally decided to have a peek at the student who was sitting next to me. And sala, seemed like he didnt know it too. But even worse, he had written the answer as " वेलेजः"

I was also witness to one unfortunate incident of a student who got caught copying in my B.E. In my 6th semester it was i think, there was this girl who was sitting in front of me. She kept shifting uncomfortably ever so often. Seemed like the invigilator noticed and asked the girl to bare her pockets and not surprisingly, there was dozens of small pieces of paper in there. The invigilator then called up the External invigilator who came saw the "evidence". The girl was asked to stop writing the exam, give her signature on a letter that gave details on how and why she was caught. Her entire semester was cancelled and she was given a F in all subjects. Poor girl !

Even during board exams when the teacher was allowing copying openly' date= I had refrained.
Yet another proctor that allowed open cheating? Hmm...Those proctors must be worth their weight in gold :D I've seen cases where like MM says, people either get away with copying or if they get caught then they are given F. I can't remember cheating too much (never carried paper bits etc). Mild cheating, yes...What used to happen is sometimes towards end of the exam (last 5-10 minutes or so) - there used to be quick "verifying" final answers with people sitting around. whisper, whisper..."Hey, this problem the answer is 5.675 ...is that right?" Yes, then a smile. No? Then frantically trying to recheck if 5.675 is indeed right or the other person got it right/wrong.

Guest dada_rocks
Yet another proctor that allowed open cheating? Hmm...Those proctors must be worth their weight in gold :D I've seen cases where like MM says, people either get away with copying or if they get caught then they are given F. I can't remember cheating too much (never carried paper bits etc). Mild cheating, yes...What used to happen is sometimes towards end of the exam (last 5-10 minutes or so) - there used to be quick "verifying" final answers with people sitting around. whisper, whisper..."Hey, this problem the answer is 5.675 ...is that right?" Yes, then a smile. No? Then frantically trying to recheck if 5.675 is indeed right or the other person got it right/wrong.
U talking about allowed cheating I as a proctor have solved one of the problems on black-board that too in canada:D

Passed 3 years with a breeze in Economics ( I hated it ) I had a pouch which was given to me by my 7 year old neighbour, it had a design on one side and transparent on the other I knew the common questions so I made bolded points and wrote the best to my kowledge It worked so beautifully that I started to do it for all subjects except accounting as I was good at it anyways In my last year of B.Com I was caught by a government employed moderator, who later met me in the bathroom. I bribed him not to complain and gave him extra so he could keep his eyes shut for the next few exams Sweet

Guest dada_rocks

It reminds me off those heart-felt letetrs for leneiency in marking.. Chachaji used to get matric-exam answer-books to makr and the year I finsihed my matriculation he handed over those answer-books to me. Boy I got to read one after another sob storied of girls requesting not to fail them lest their impending marriage-equation would be marred.. My rule used to be if she fell within +-5 marks of threshold then she passes otherwise .. Also found some notes 50Rs denomination.. Open bribing you can say:D

It reminds me off those heart-felt letetrs for leneiency in marking.. Chachaji used to get matric-exam answer-books to makr and the year I finsihed my matriculation he handed over those answer-books to me. Boy I got to read one after another sob storied of girls requesting not to fail them lest their impending marriage-equation would be marred..
Hahaha..That reminded me of my childhood. Its a mixed reaction story, I feel a tad embarassed but what the hell. My Mom used to be a Professor of History and so I would routinely read her books. In summertime she would also check answer-sheets and give marks. On most occassions she would have to go to her college where all answer-sheets arrived but sometime she could also ask them to be sent home. Checking those answer sheets was a full time masti. You could read the girls mention how they were from a poor family and a degree would get them a job, or they would get married, guys wanting to become graduate etc. Many a times some smarty pants would stick a 50/100 Rs note too just in case. I must have haggled my mom for years and one day she relented and gave me a dozen papers to check :nervous::nervous:. As dariyadil I was I gave them all good marks, where my Mom would be giving 60(out of 100) I would give 70. At the end my 10 blokes/girls may have received the best marks of the lot. :hatsoff::hatsoff: