Lee apprehensive about Aussie pitches...and now Clark

varun

Australia's pace spearhead Brett Lee is keen to cross sword with Indian master Sachin Tendulkar in a bid to prove to the "world's greatest" that he is a vastly improved bowler now. "I am actually looking forward to bowling against Sachin Tendulkar. It's going to be his last tour here in Australia. He's a pretty amazing player and I think any opportunity you get to play against the world's greatest is always a good chance to see where you are as a bowler," remarked Lee. Lee feels he has come a long way from the previous tour by the Indians in 2003 when he played in the final three Tests and helped Australia win the Melbourne Test. "I wasn't well when I played in MCG on that tour," said Lee who took eight wickets at 60 runs apiece in the series which was completely dominated by the Indian batsmen. Lee fears the conditions here this time around might not be too different. "If you think about bouncy wickets in Australia, it's probably only in Perth. The wickets that we have played on recently have been pretty low and slow, pretty much like a traditional Indian wicket I would think. "I'm hoping and praying there is a bit more life in the wicket so we can use what we know to do out here in these conditions." Lee didn't want to be drawn into the controversy whether Shaun Tait or Mitchell Johnson should open bowling with him. "It would be brilliant to open the bowling with Tait but Johnson has done an outstanding job. Success against Tendulkar might give him an edge over Tait." It was at the MCG eight years ago when Lee made his debut against India and impressed straightaway. -------------------------------- Lee coming out with excuses already ? :hysterical:

What universe do you guys live in? Can't you see the drubbing India, Tendulkar et al are about to get? Lee is not the one who should be thinking up excuses.
Does make you think doesn't it though ? First it was Shane Warne, now Lee.. why are they bigging up our batsmen so much and why's the Aussie media so worried about the pitches. They're probably just trying to hype up some interest in the series :D
Does make you think doesn't it though ? First it was Shane Warne, now Lee.. why are they bigging up our batsmen so much and why's the Aussie media so worried about the pitches. They're probably just trying to hype up some interest in the series :D
Would you be proud to get your PhD from Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology?

It is indeed strange to see one Aussie after another voicing their " concern" about the pitches in Aus and how they may suit our batsman. Maybe, they are just trying to lull us into a fall sense of confidence or something or they are genuinely worried. Aus always start a concerted media campaign whenever a touring team visits them, this time its no different.

It is indeed strange to see one Aussie after another voicing their " concern" about the pitches in Aus and how they may suit our batsman. Maybe, they are just trying to lull us into a fall sense of confidence or something or they are genuinely worried. Aus always start a concerted media campaign whenever a touring team visits them, this time its no different.
All countries do. It's called promotion, mm. :regular_smile: How have you missed the articles by AK, SG, Sach, Bhajji, Yuvi, RD etc. ??
All countries do. It's called promotion, mm. :regular_smile: How have you missed the articles by AK, SG, Sach, Bhajji, Yuvi, RD etc. ??
As far as I know, Sachin has NEVER written an article apart from the leadership article in Hindustan Times. Have you read any? If you have, I'll request you to post them/it here so that all of us can read it.
As far as I know, Sachin has NEVER written an article apart from the leadership article in Hindustan Times. Have you read any? If you have, I'll request you to post them/it here so that all of us can read it.
Donny, as always claims to know everything and when confronted with facts seeks refuge in the next least populated thread. Don't fret about him.

Talking about Lee, I saw his first spell in the third onedayer against New Zealand. He has definitely added some pace, from where i dont know. Though Lee started a tearaway quick, he had lost some pace over the years, which is understandable and most of his ball were around the 142-143 mark with the odd one close to 150. Against NZ though, almost EVERY ball was over 150, with the "slower" ones around 148. Lee looks much fitter and stronger, and i suppose the injury to him just before the world cup and the surgery he had underwent has actually added a dozen months to his career. Its very very rare to have TWO 150 kmph pacers bowling from both the ends. Its going to be one hell of a test for the Indian batsman. And if it continues to be rainy and cloudy at Melbourne, then we are bigger trouble. Swing, at pace , is a very difficult proposition.

I am not apprehensive about fast bowlers. I still think that Indians are not good players of bowlers who can swing and keep a consistent line and length. We don't have batsmen who can break the bowler's rhythm.

Stuart Clark: Wish first Test was at Perth or Brisbane - could have rammed home the "home advantage" Sorry if posted already - havent read all threads... MCG pitch leaves Clark feeling flat Cricinfo staff December 24, 2007 spacer.gif316887.jpg?alt=2 Stuart Clark: "I'm not going into the match with any expectations for a fast bowler-friendly wicket" © Getty Images Stuart Clark would prefer the first Test of the India series to be played in Brisbane or Perth instead of on an MCG surface that he expects will provide little help for the fast bowlers. While the debate over the make-up of the attack continues, Clark's spot is secure, although he wished the opening game was being staged somewhere else. "That way, we could really ram home our advantage," Clark told the Sydney Morning Herald. "The conditions in Brisbane and Perth are so different to what you find in the subcontinent, and it would obviously be ideal from our perspective to play the first Test of series in places like that." Australia's attack will try to upset India's batsmen with lifting deliveries, but Clark is not confident the MCG pitch will help the home bowlers. "The Indians don't get a lot of exposure to our bouncier surfaces, and you'd probably say Melbourne isn't one of those," Clark said. "I'm not going into the match with any expectations for a fast bowler-friendly wicket." The second match is in Sydney, which traditionally suits the spinners, before the third game in Perth. "It will be interesting to see how that goes [at the WACA]," he said. "We're all well aware that scheduling these days isn't a simple matter, but I suppose you'd just like to get that real home-ground advantage if it was possible." Mitchell Johnson is in a battle with Shaun Tait for the final bowling spot and he is confident he will be able to adapt against the style of Sourav Ganguly and Yuvraj Singh if he makes the team ahead of Shaun Tait. "I really enjoy bowling to left-handers and when I get it right and the ball is swinging away and bouncing away from the lefties, it is pretty hard for them to face," Johnson said in the Daily Telegraph. "I know it is hard for left-handed batsmen to face left-arm bowlers because I've found it difficult - and quite different - when I've batted against them down the order." Johnson was dropped for Tait during the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy but he has been busy working on his bowling in preparation for the Test series. "I feel fresh and ready to go," he said. "The ball is coming out of my hand really well in the nets." © Cricinfo