A fast bowler India might have had

zen

19 minutes ago, the don said:

Becausr he had lost his pace by than and that was a known fact .

Everyone realised he wasnt quick anymore . Pre injury mark taylor and brian lara reckoned he was the fastest of the time .

Infact taylor specifically mentioned that he had never faced a quicker pair of bowlers than akhtar and zahid.

Being fastest of ' a time' is not the same as being fiercely fast or even genuinely fast. Not facing a quicker pair together is not the same as being the fastest around! Work on your comprehension a bit, will help you! You're welcome!

2 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Being fastest of ' a time' is not the same as being fiercely fast or even genuinely fast. Not facing a quicker pair together is not the same as being the fastest around! Work on your comprehension a bit, will help you! You're welcome!

Thankyou but there is a reason why zahid had the reputation that he did in Pakistan and australian cricket circles  .

Sami has actually clocked 97-99 mph on a speed gun yet hardly anyone in pakistan will say that he was quicker than zahid because he just wasnt .

Pakistanis and australians know their fast bowling .

17 minutes ago, the don said:

Thankyou but there is a reason why zahid had the reputation that he did in Pakistan and australian cricket circles  .

Sami has actually clocked 97-99 mph on a speed gun yet hardly anyone in pakistan will say that he was quicker than zahid because he just wasnt .

Pakistanis and australians know their fast bowling .

Pakistanis and Australians in the same line? Someone's got a good sense of humour :) Yes, Hardly anyone in Pakistan speaks about Sami thats why he was still being considered for selection till recently :) NO, thank you! We don't want such knowledge as you people have :)

6 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Guys since we are getting into fast bowling whose Indians Fastest bowler?

Will tell you when you tell the name of 1 of your fastest bowler who has not officially cheated or fixed or has had a clean action without wearing full sleeve shirt :)

On 28 October 2015 at 3:05 PM, Rightarmfast said:

If you check Sachin Tendulkar's interview which Tom Alter took in 1989, the young Sachin Tendulkar mentioned that Raju Kulkarni was the fastest Indian bowler he had faced till then.

Faced Raj a few times opening the batting and he could be sharp when he bent his back

1 hour ago, the don said:

Even umar gul has bowled a few at 152 kph in his career doesnt make him express nor  has he beaten batsmen for pace like zahid and shoaib did . 

There is a reason why sami isnt hyped for his pace by Pakistani fans.even though he bowled 155 kph plus in the 2002-2003 season because pakistani fans know he was a yard or two slower than zahid and akhtar.

For batsmen like mark taylor and lara to vouch for his speed he must have been genuinely express at the time.

Zahid pre injury was express . In a different pace league to these bowlers you mentioned.

I  have no problems in accepting that Shoaib Akhtar was the quickest bowler ever among test match pacers.

Zahid just did not look in the same speed league as Shoaib.

46 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I  have no problems in accepting that Shoaib Akhtar was the quickest bowler ever among test match pacers.

Zahid just did not look in the same speed league as Shoaib.

Yes wouldnt rate him as fast as shoaib because Shoaib has actual speed readings behind him.Also shoaib remained express unlike bowlers who bowled express for a season or two.But Muhammad zahid wad certainly express pre injury. I was watching his spell where he beat azharuddin and tendulkar for pace. Ive not seen that happen too often . Ill try and find the video . He looked very quick . Also a couple of spells in Australia pre injury .

This though is the fastest spell of bowling ever in a test match i reckon .Almost every bowl over 95 mph in the heat of Lahore . What do you reckon ?? 

Wish t20 cricket was a thing when akhtar and lee were in their prime that 160 kph would have been threatened alot.

https://youtu.be/2afdaqRvMvQ

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

What happen to Aaron?

Aaron's bowling is more suited to the longer format after he had to remodel his action after his backbone operation.

He was having accuracy issues with his remodelled action...which he may have rectified if he had played the full FC season.

Unfortunately, a freak and rare heel injury made him miss most of the last FC season.

Now, his only hope is the next FC season, where he has to perform really well.

But he is still bowling 150 k.

His task has become even more difficult with the emergence of 7 or 8 new and uncapped pacers who are bowling upto 145 k and bowling well.

Edited by express bowling
5 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

I am curious to see how he looks now. I think by aiming to go for pace he messed his back up.

Would you consider him a Indian bowler India could have had?

I think Irfan Pathan is another one who had unreal talent. In my veiw he has taken the best looking wickets for India.

His pace is natural. Stress fractures of the back are common among fast bowlers when they are young. 

Aaron is just 27 now. Since pacers are retaining pace till around 34 these days...if he improves his accuracy and has a good FC season, he still has a chance.

14 hours ago, the don said:

Yes wouldnt rate him as fast as shoaib because Shoaib has actual speed readings behind him.Also shoaib remained express unlike bowlers who bowled express for a season or two.But Muhammad zahid wad certainly express pre injury. I was watching his spell where he beat azharuddin and tendulkar for pace. Ive not seen that happen too often . Ill try and find the video . He looked very quick . Also a couple of spells in Australia pre injury .

This though is the fastest spell of bowling ever in a test match i reckon .Almost every bowl over 95 mph in the heat of Lahore . What do you reckon ?? 

Wish t20 cricket was a thing when akhtar and lee were in their prime that 160 kph would have been threatened alot.

https://youtu.be/2afdaqRvMvQ

What you are failing to understand is, Zahid could have been as quick as the Shoaib of 98 and 99. However, at that point of time, Shoaib Akhtar was bowling a fastest 152-154, not faster than that. If I remember correctly, he started bowling in excess of 154 post 2000. So yes, Zahid may have been as quick as Shoaib at times, but that was a speed of around 152ish.

15 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

He bowled with in the rules so can't say he cheated. Now how about that Indian though.

Shoaib Akhtar and cheated, never! He would give his life for his country but would never sell his country off. I can vouch for that. What I was saying is, his action wasnt the cleanest and 100%. Just doubted a bit, still I would never put him down. Just like @express bowling bhai said, I truly believe Shoaib Akhtar was a freak and there never has been a faster bowler in the history of the game. That includes thompson, tyson and all.

For India, yes Javagal Srinath has been the fastest ever. After him would be Aaron and Umesh. Ishant Sharma looked promising initially when he was bowling in 150's, but havent seen the intent.

15 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Zahid in the video reminds me slightly of asif. I'm a big fan of asif. This guy had the potential of a McGrath. If only he played longer.

I have seen Zahid bowling. He wasn't like Mcgrath or other legends. However, he was a good player and hard working. He could have been an excellent bowling partner to Akhtar, but more than that, I doubt!

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

I have seen Zahid bowling. He wasn't like Mcgrath or other legends. However, he was a good player and hard working. He could have been an excellent bowling partner to Akhtar, but more than that, I doubt!

Sorry I was referring to asif. I remember watching a test between Pak and  srilanka in srilanka . Asif just bowled unplayable balls on those pitches. Gem of a bowler. His inswing is perhaps the best we have seen in the last 15 years.

20 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Sorry I was referring to asif. I remember watching a test between Pak and  srilanka in srilanka . Asif just bowled unplayable balls on those pitches. Gem of a bowler. His inswing is perhaps the best we have seen in the last 15 years.

Asif never impressed me for some reasons. Sorry. I rate Bhuvi and Irfan Pathan way above Asif any day.