OK Serious q: Dilwale or Bajirao...which one u watching?

Texy

Exactly , Historical fiction has no point.

They are not proving any point. They are making a commercial film, not a documentary, spending 125 crores. 

Saw bhaji Rao mastani.  Disappointed. For a great Peshwa who won 41 wars and a brilliant war strategist the movie was really poor. 

Why it was poor? any specific reason?

They are not proving any point. They are making a commercial film, not a documentary, spending 125 crores. 

Why it was poor? any specific reason?

Movie was all about the love story. I expected movie to have some good war strategies and at least few wars. It felt like he was more of lover than a warrior.

Movie was all about the love story. I expected movie to have some good war strategies and at least few wars. It felt like he was more of lover than a warrior.

It was a love story. Title of the film tells you everything. It did have some good war scenes first 30 minutes were all about war. But film was more about love story than war. IMO, it is the best Hindi film I have seen in a long time.

Edited by rkt.india

Hope someone makes a movie on Shivaji bhonsle. That would be awesome. 

There would be protests all over the country if his story stays true to history

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Spot on.

There would be protests all over the country if his story stays true to history

Spot on.

because according to the title, focus was on love story and not war.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/dilwale-vs-bajirao-mastani-box-office-collection-ranveer-and-deepika-beat-shah-rukh-and-kajol-dilwale-bajirao-mastani-collection-till-now-release-story-review/1/557320.html

bajirao beats Khan!

Khan definitely affected by Intolerance wave. Should keep their mouth shut. Most affected will be Dangal. 

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/art_detail.php?articalid=1693

Dilwale grossed 2.75-3 crore nett apprx on its second Monday. The business of Dilwale in the first four days of its second weekend is as follows.

Friday - 7,50,00,000

Saturday - 6,00,00,000 

Sunday - 7,25,00,000

Monday - 3,00,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 23,25,00,000

The second weekend is heading for a 30 crore nett total which will be the fourth highest second week of the year. The total after eleven days is 118.50 crore nett. The lifetime business of the film is looking around 135 crore nett.

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/art_detail.php?articalid=1693

Bajirao Mastani grossed 5-5,25 crore nett apprx on its second Monday.  The business of Bajirao Mastani in the first four days of its second weekend is as follows.

Friday - 12,00,00,000

Saturday - 10,00,00,000 

Sunday - 11,75,00,000

Monday - 5,25,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 39,00,00,000

The film is heading for a second week total of around 52 crore nett which would be the second highest first week of 2015. The total of the film is around 123.25 crore nett in eleven days. The lifetime business of the film is looking to be around 160 crore nett though as it is sustaining pretty well it could take advantage of the New Year period and go a little higher.

Edited by coffee_rules

Not sure if Dilwale is actually affected by Intolerance wave. Problem is Dilwale is hurt by Bajirao than that Intolerance wave. Business got divided in first weekend and then after that, good content of Bajirao had started to take effect. Week day collections of Bajirao surpassed Dilwale. Imagine if Dilwale was the solo release even in normal circumstances, it would have done the similar business as these films did combined. The both first day did 33 crore combined. Dilwale would have done about 30 crore if it was a solo release on a nonholiday Friday. Bajrangi Bhaijaan did 26 crore on its first day, PRDP did 31 crore on the non-holiday Friday. Dilwale has a big lead overseas as SRK is a bigger force overseas.