HC raps BCCI, suggests shifting IPL out of drought-hit Maharashtra,Now case filed in Rajasthan HC as well.(Updated 2:Mumbai and Maharashtra assoc move SC)

Malcolm Merlyn

Why BCCI comes into picture. BCCI is just another business. Availability of Water to poor every one is a matter between state and villagers.

What about facilities like electricity, hospital, Road, highway, job, for sake of argument a HC in every village List is endless.

HC has no business

1 hour ago, Book_Worm said:

The truth is nobody cares about the drought in Maharashtra. if it hadn't been for the IPL we wouldn't even  have known about it.

:clap:Nailed it. Nobody including that HC judge, people who lodged complain or judiciary

Edited by mishra

4 hours ago, Book_Worm said:

The truth is nobody cares about the drought in Maharashtra. if it hadn't been for the IPL we wouldn't even  have known about it.

Not completely true.

Areas near Pune are facing a severe water shortage leading to water rationing. People have been in the know of this even without the IPL.

31 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Not completely true.

Areas near Pune are facing a severe water shortage leading to water rationing. People have been in the know of this even without the IPL.

What about underground water? Dont you have tubewells in maharashtra?

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

What about underground water? Dont you have tubewells in maharashtra?

The ground water levels vary as per topographic and geographic differences.

Coastal areas, which see heavier rains have a lot of ground water which is used. The leeward side of the mountains depends more on water accumulated in lakes during the monsoon. The Vidharbha side relies mainly on river discharge (which is low due to depleted ground water levels).

This is just a brief overview. I am not much of an expert on this. Pune lies in the leeward side of the Western Ghats, and in a region that has lakes and moderate levels of ground water. The fact that there is a scarcity in that region is what makes this drought alarming.

A lot of this has also to do with poor water (mis)management.

Cost of I water train 2.8 lakhs, ., It carry water 5 lakh litre. Water require by IPL 14 trains , charge IPL double the amount still total cost = 84 lakhs . IPL was ready to pay in crores , so 100 trains of water could had been bought with , so who lost here?

Just now, Mariyam said:

Not completely true.

I was taking about rest of india. Other states really have no clue abut this. It isn't just maharashtra few other states are also suffering from water scarcity.  I surf new sites regularly. This become big  news only because of the media attention to IPL.