Introducing - ICF Economy [Bank Is Open Now]

Nova

3 hours ago, sourab10forever said:

Please set up a thread in the cricket-talk section where we can bid for match threads whenever you find time. Also set up some rules for placing the bids(Like deadline,Minimum bid etc) 

Match bids can be done in betting forum. Let's not clutter the Cricket talk section.

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

You have 50 runs. You may not see it if you are browsing the mobile site. How do you browse the site usually?

Wait. Is this the Eng - Lanka T20?  @Malcolm Merlyn what is your plan about this?

I did not have before I posted:nevermind:

Kya man....I was feeling so talkative last few days ad you star this when I am in no mood to post.:roti:

2 minutes ago, mishra said:

now i know why malcolm merlyn was opening a thread for each comment of Ravi Shastri.

Hope you're being sarcastic. If not, this has nothing to do with ICF Rupees. This system just got implemented a few days ago while the Shastri thread was opened before that. 

And a few suggestions:

Can we have a place where we can get the history of earning runs?

Display of Rupees in the profile.

And a few suggestions:

1 hour ago, sourab10forever said:

Just a few bits....

1) Will the betting take place in terms or runs or rupees?

2) when will the betting markets open?

3) plz start a thread in the betting section for bidding match threads/series threads.

Betting, bidding, etc all in Rupees. Will update you on the rest.

And a few suggestions:

You can check total number of Runs in members' profile. Also in profile there is a section called "Points Log" which will show you your history. 

Right now there is no way to show Rupees in profile. As of now, you can see Rupees above Runs if you browse the desktop site. Also monthly update of earnings of members (in Rupees) will be listed in betting section, in a separate thread.

Another suggestion : Posts which are popular (5 or 10 likes) should earn some runs.

It depends on the quality of the  post. I saw a post which just said one line and it had 4 likes. Right now the runs allocation is fine as it is. 

We have provision for giving runs if a post is outstanding. 

58 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

Threads with less than 5 replies should not earn any runs. This rule will help in reducing threads which are only created for the sake of runs.

Sometimes, even genuine threads have less than five replies. You can report spam threads if you think it was created just for obtaining runs. The thread will be deleted and runs deducted. But it has to be a pattern by a certain member. Also we have to keep in mind - not everyone who is creating threads is interested in accumulating runs for conversion to rupees.

4 hours ago, Nova said:

Sometimes, even genuine threads have less than five replies. You can report spam threads if you think it was created just for obtaining runs. The thread will be deleted and runs deducted. But it has to be a pattern by a certain member. Also we have to keep in mind - not everyone who is creating threads is interested in accumulating runs for conversion to rupees.

Very rare cases where good threads don't have replies. I myself have a couple of threads which I created thinking they were interesting topics but after some time you realise that there is nothing much to discuss. I feel like I don't deserve those runs.Threads are meant for discussion and if there aren't even a bare minimum of 5 replies,then there is no point the thread creater gets rewarded. It will also encourage the thread creator to put up questions for discussion rather than just put news highlights. 

I think the 400 runs should be given only after the thread crosses a minimum of 5 replies.

31 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

Very rare cases where good threads don't have replies. I myself have a couple of threads which I created thinking they were interesting topics but after some time you realise that there is nothing much to discuss. I feel like I don't deserve those runs.Threads are meant for discussion and if there aren't even a bare minimum of 5 replies,then there is no point the thread creater gets rewarded. It will also encourage the thread creator to put up questions for discussion rather than just put news highlights. 

I think the 400 runs should be given only after the thread crosses a minimum of 5 replies.

You have some valid points. Consider a scenario where a simple thread like a birthday thread gets more than five replies of birthday wishes by members. Does this thread creator deserve to get all the runs then? There's no quality discussion going on. However, if we would want to implement what you suggest, then this becomes a logistic issue. Right now the runs allocation is automatic. By default, every thread starter gets 400 runs in cricket talk. We do not have an automated system where a thread with a certain minimum replies will only get the runs. We would have to deduct 400 runs manually. To keep track of all such threads and manually deduct runs is an additional responsibility for the admins of ICF Economy. 

What we can do is modify the system with the following changes:

1. The thread creator should not get additional runs for replies from other members in his/her thread. Otherwise a member can create a thread and abandon it and just keep on getting runs from the replies of other members. Then we can also get rid of the match bidding concept.   

2. Get rid of the savings account. The interest earned is just free money without the member working for it. 

The above two points should mitigate the issue of undeserving runs generated through threads which get less number of replies.  

You have some valid points. Consider a scenario where a simple thread like a birthday thread gets more than five replies of birthday wishes by members. Does this thread creator deserve to get all the runs then? There's no quality discussion going on. However, if we would want to implement what you suggest, then this becomes a logistic issue. Right now the runs allocation is automatic. By default, every thread starter gets 400 runs in cricket talk. We do not have an automated system where a thread with a certain minimum replies will only get the runs. We would have to deduct 400 runs manually. To keep track of all such threads and manually deduct runs is an additional responsibility for the admins of ICF Economy. 

What we can do is modify the system with the following changes:

1. The thread creator should not get additional runs for replies from other members in his/her thread. Otherwise a member can create a thread and abandon it and just keep on getting runs from the replies of other members. Then we can also get rid of the match bidding concept.   

2. Get rid of the savings account. The interest earned is just free money without the member working for it. 

The above two points should mitigate the issue of undeserving runs generated through threads which get less number of replies.  

Dont agree with this.Neither do i agree with the suggestions of sourav01.The present system is good and working well.No need to change something so quickly and esp if its not broken.