Sultan mints money at box office. How much did you like the film?

sourab10forever

On 7/21/2016 at 0:05 PM, randomGuy said:

Horrible Haryanvi accent by Salman.... people who have heard Haryanvi know it.       

Randeep Hooda's Haryanvi is great in Highway. Authentic, rustic. He had to learn the language for the movie. Watch it if you have not seen it. :thumbsup:

@rkt.india @randomGuy

This is what I read:

Hooda, born in Haryana, seemed like a perfect choice to play the role but the actor found his Jat dialect would often interfere with the Gujari dialect that he was supposed to speak in the movie. Hooda, however, enjoyed bringing to life the complex character of Mahabir Bhati.
"I speak the 'Jatu' Haryanvi not the Gujrati language so it was hard because the dialects would overlap but we had the help of dialect coach to help us".

Wonder if Salman Khan used any language coaching or did he just wing it? Check this out:

The superstar has revealed in a media interview recently about the efforts he had put in for Ali Abbas Zafar’s next. While talking to DNA, he says, “I think two minutes. We were shooting in Mohana and Ali read it out and I repeated it in a car. Dileep (Subramaniam) sir, our sound engineer recorded it and that’s how it sounded. You know, in the first teaser, that Haryana Kesri Sultan voiceover was actually Ali’s voice!”

Well, if you have closely looked at the trailer then you would realise that Salman is hardly speaking in Haryanvi. Or for that matter, you would not even notice that native diction in his dialogues. If he would have put in little more efforts and had worked more on his dialogues, then things could have turned out way too better for the film. If you notice, Anushka Sharma has a better command over the language as compared to the senior actor. At the trailer launch, Salman had openly admitted that his leading lady in the film had done a better job both with the dialogues and the wrestling act.

SO bhai did not put any effort it seems to learn the nuances of the accent, unlike Randeep Hooda who had a proper coach and the difference showed. Method acting is not for everyone.

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Why did he say in an interview that he had to learn the language? :confused:

May be he learned the regional dialect for Highway.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Hooda himself is Haryanvi that's why

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Randeep Hooda's Haryanvi is great in Highway. Authentic, rustic. He had to learn the language for the movie. Watch it if you have not seen it. :thumbsup:

looking beyond the accent issue, Hooda is a pretty good actor. I think voice and presence is important for an actor. He seems to have good voice and presence on screen what i have seen.

27 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

It is surprising coz he seems to have done a lot of hard work on the action.

had he done the same on accent, the movie would have been a lot better for many.

Agree. Salman Khan is simply not in the category of Irrfan Khan, Nawazuddin, or Hooda when it comes to method acting. Also, it's the director's job to get the best out of their actors. A big name actor probably hinders the influence a director can have. An actor goes by the script and what the director wants him to do. May be Ali Abbas Zafar was satisfied with Salman's dialogs. At least Salman realized later that he did not do a good job.

had he done the same on accent, the movie would have been a lot better for many.

What you on about man ? Its already an all time blockbuster. And probably one of SK finest performance ever.

4 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Salman is a limited actor and there is only so much he can do. He is not the kind of actor who has a natural flair for accents, body language and method acting

5 hours ago, New guy said:

Salman is a limited actor and there is only so much he can do. He is not the kind of actor who has a natural flair for accents, body language and method acting

bhai only needs new dance steps and a couple of witty dialogues to rake in the moolah :cool:

edit: scratch witty, more like seeti bajao dialogues 

Edited by FischerTal