Analyzing Rohit's batting Technique and Drop in fitness levels , why he is a failure in test cricket [Update: Post 39]

Another pic, looks like put on a lot of holiday weight. 

@maniac- U shouldnt back him more. The guy is abusing ur n team mngmt faith on him. Such a fit cricketer has become Fat. I told he doesnt work hard. Look at him looks so bulky cant even run. Guys like Kohli are no fool who practices during off time despite having good performances. Talent is nothing without hard work. After poor performances you have to work double harder. 

547058004.jpg

This is all well and good but how about analyzing a sports person's mindset to achieve greater heights. Kohli wanted to be the best in the world. He was not satisfied with being an average cricketer. After 2012 IPL, he looked himself in the mirror and was not happy with his weight. He made a choice and changed his lifestyle. Fitness and maintaining a proper diet has become second nature. Kohli is hungry with an aggressive and focused mindset. One's focus always determines the reality.

In a recent interview, Rohit said this:

"Fitness is such a critical part of your career these days. So you have to understand what you put inside your body. It’s not that we don’t eat. We have a good set of nutritionists and physios to help us pick and choose what we need to eat. It’s important that you maintain your diet well. When you are playing a Test match, you lose a lot of carbs from your body. So you need to monitor your intake. I am a foodie so I like eating, but I do understand that while I’m playing I need to sacrifice certain things."

There is a marked difference in the mindset here. Kohli watches what he eats even when he is not playing. Rohit on the other hand loves to eat and probably indulges in yummy food more often and when not playing.

What if Rohit is just happy to be an average cricketer in the long format of the game? May be he just wants to be good enough to keep his place in the national team. We don't know if he really is hungry (like Kohli) to be the best. Another example is Andrew Symonds. This Aussie was very fit but some will argue that he did not fulfill his potential. He was an electrifying player but he valued his time outside cricket equally if not more than the pressure of international cricket. He loved to drink and go fishing. When it became too much, Symonds called it quits.

The take away message is that not everyone wants or is willing to put in the extra effort to become the best they can be...not only the best for themselves, but better than anyone else in the world. Top athletes have a different and extra-ordinary mental fortitude which allows them to execute their vision, and not many are capable of achieving that mental toughness. Armchair experts can point the faults of players saying he can do better or he is just lazy, but let's accept the fact that very few are willing to sacrifice the things they naturally crave in order to live a disciplined lifestyle. Not every Indian player can be a Kohli when it comes to fitness.   

9 hours ago, Nova said:

This is all well and good but how about analyzing a sports person's mindset to achieve greater heights. Kohli wanted to be the best in the world. He was not satisfied with being an average cricketer. After 2012 IPL, he looked himself in the mirror and was not happy with his weight. He made a choice and changed his lifestyle. Fitness and maintaining a proper diet has become second nature. Kohli is hungry with an aggressive and focused mindset. One's focus always determines the reality.

In a recent interview, Rohit said this:

"Fitness is such a critical part of your career these days. So you have to understand what you put inside your body. It’s not that we don’t eat. We have a good set of nutritionists and physios to help us pick and choose what we need to eat. It’s important that you maintain your diet well. When you are playing a Test match, you lose a lot of carbs from your body. So you need to monitor your intake. I am a foodie so I like eating, but I do understand that while I’m playing I need to sacrifice certain things."

There is a marked difference in the mindset here. Kohli watches what he eats even when he is not playing. Rohit on the other hand loves to eat and probably indulges in yummy food more often and when not playing.

What if Rohit is just happy to be an average cricketer in the long format of the game? May be he just wants to be good enough to keep his place in the national team. We don't know if he really is hungry (like Kohli) to be the best. Another example is Andrew Symonds. This Aussie was very fit but some will argue that he did not fulfill his potential. He was an electrifying player but he valued his time outside cricket equally if not more than the pressure of international cricket. He loved to drink and go fishing. When it became too much, Symonds called it quits.

The take away message is that not everyone wants or is willing to put in the extra effort to become the best they can be...not only the best for themselves, but better than anyone else in the world. Top athletes have a different and extra-ordinary mental fortitude which allows them to execute their vision, and not many are capable of achieving that mental toughness. Armchair experts can point the faults of players saying he can do better or he is just lazy, but let's accept the fact that very few are willing to sacrifice the things they naturally crave in order to live a disciplined lifestyle. Not every Indian player can be a Kohli when it comes to fitness.   

Agree its everyone choice to be great or average, i dont think anyone wants to be average rather they are not ready to work that hard and make sacrifices. But there is responsibility as well specially when captain n team management is putting so much faith in you. If you are not ready to make that sought of effort be honest n make it clear to captain n coach who themselves are setting high standards of training and work ethics. I loved sehwag becoz he was honest that ill go my way and playing and dropping me is your choice. Sehwag had very poor work ethics but he was honest about it and team made a choice to stick with him . 

Another important thing which is why Im being critical of rohit fitness is that he was a fit guy infact one of the best in team but his standards have dropped. Im not asking a amit mishra to become jadeja over night or not even saying become kohli but atleast be a little better than yourself which almost everyone has become. Look at Ishant, bhuvi, ashwin they have not become kohli or raina but still are at a different level what they were. Forget technique temperament im more disappointed to see his paunch as he was holidaying to much when he had such a poor run in test says a lot that how casual he is . Good his personal choice but not good for the team .

Im sorry but a lot of people wont understand why im extremely critical of individuals coz i think team is bigger than any individual be it sachin dhoni kohli yuvraj or anyone.

Rohit has to change his stance a bit n work out a method to leave n when to play outside off also test cricket is lasting tough sessions n not loosing wkt, he n Dhawan don't have that ability,also he if he ever plays should bat lower down n should modulate his game per formats

Yes he has talent, potential and is phenom in. odi, but he has to do the hard yards in test n learn to preserve his wkt n once past 50 play his game

19 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Rohit has to change his stance a bit n work out a method to leave n when to play outside off also test cricket is lasting tough sessions n not loosing wkt, he n Dhawan don't have that ability,also he if he ever plays should bat lower down n should modulate his game per formats

Yes he has talent, potential and is phenom in. odi, but he has to do the hard yards in test n learn to preserve his wkt n once past 50 play his game

Its not about stance n all. If u have the right temp, desire to be a champion and you work hard towards it you can overcome all . All batsman have some issues but his issue is he takes things easy n our team management is responsible for it. Given so many chances, Media people make him a star after huge runs on patta and then deal with few failure. As a result he has mindset that he ll make huge runs in easy condition which will help him survive those failures in tough conditions. I dont think so there is any other cricket who has been in team despite so many failure. 

Before this tour the guy was busy spending all time in holiday, i mean u 2 mnth off doesnt u spend all the time holiday specially after such poor form. But then he knows he wont get dropped or else how do u explain the team working hard towards fitness and rohit coming in with a paunch. 

This was something Andrew symonds said about him years ago and nothing has changed. 

Harsha bhogleA couple of years ago Symonds told me Rohit was "lazy", that he was looking forward to playing with him again and giving him a "x@#%o*!" because he was the most talented kid playing. As Rahul Dravid said recently, there is a talent to hit a cricket ball and there is a talent to constantly challenge yourself, to get better every day, to focus on what is best for you, to do the hard yards.

Full article- http://www.espncricinfo.com/page2/content/story/576567.html

So nothing has changed, he knows after this there would be some short format series with easy rules and pitches and he ll pile up runs. So who needs to work hard . 

If he is not dropped and given a kick right now there is no way he would improve. Drop him as Next Odi is far away and till then he has time to work which is upon him if he wants to or not. Rather giving him comfort give pujara some assuarnce. 

44 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Its not about stance n all. If u have the right temp, desire to be a champion and you work hard towards it you can overcome all . All batsman have some issues but his issue is he takes things easy n our team management is responsible for it. Given so many chances, Media people make him a star after huge runs on patta and then deal with few failure. As a result he has mindset that he ll make huge runs in easy condition which will help him survive those failures in tough conditions. I dont think so there is any other cricket who has been in team despite so many failure. 

Before this tour the guy was busy spending all time in holiday, i mean u 2 mnth off doesnt u spend all the time holiday specially after such poor form. But then he knows he wont get dropped or else how do u explain the team working hard towards fitness and rohit coming in with a paunch. 

This was something Andrew symonds said about him years ago and nothing has changed. 

Harsha bhogleA couple of years ago Symonds told me Rohit was "lazy", that he was looking forward to playing with him again and giving him a "x@#%o*!" because he was the most talented kid playing. As Rahul Dravid said recently, there is a talent to hit a cricket ball and there is a talent to constantly challenge yourself, to get better every day, to focus on what is best for you, to do the hard yards.

Full article- http://www.espncricinfo.com/page2/content/story/576567.html

So nothing has changed, he knows after this there would be some short format series with easy rules and pitches and he ll pile up runs. So who needs to work hard . 

If he is not dropped and given a kick right now there is no way he would improve. Drop him as Next Odi is far away and till then he has time to work which is upon him if he wants to or not. Rather giving him comfort give pujara some assuarnce. 

Well any cricketer worth his salt would like to perform well in all condition n formats, especially away from home, this kid is phenomenal is shorter format and there has to be lots of hard work n talent to get there, so no he is not lumbering around or is lazy its just a perspective, Summoned views cannot be trusted, Rohit is too talented and has to put a bit of Dravid in himself , which means not taking anything for granted, never gift ur wkt and maximize ur potential, today's delivery was a peach n I am ok with that but the pattern like Yuvraj, Gambhir fell into n never got out, he has to work hard n make a comeback, best he is dropped and plays some county n that will help him

7 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Well any cricketer worth his salt would like to perform well in all condition n formats, especially away from home, this kid is phenomenal is shorter format and there has to be lots of hard work n talent to get there, so no he is not lumbering around or is lazy its just a perspective, Summoned views cannot be trusted, Rohit is too talented and has to put a bit of Dravid in himself , which means not taking anything for granted, never gift ur wkt and maximize ur potential, today's delivery was a peach n I am ok with that but the pattern like Yuvraj, Gambhir fell into n never got out, he has to work hard n make a comeback, best he is dropped and plays some county n that will help him

Everybody wants to do well but there is certain degree of hardwork going into it. As kohli said there is no magic wand, i work hard every day and im boring about it. 

Being Lazy is just not only Symonds persepctive, Explain me him coming with a paunch . I can bet a cricketer wanting to do well will not waste all the off time in holidays . You are allowed to take time off but there has to be sometime to work on ur game. Guys like Ashwin n vijay are no mad who have started weightlifting and a fit rohit n raina have devloped paunch. Sorry the hard work they are putting in is not enough.

Last yr his own coach said i wish rohit would have played a A-game like kohli. Again his coach pointing out the lack of intent. 

Another one Last year the guy said he is working on his fast bowling to add value to him. Where is that gone now

http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/rohit-sharma-practices-fast-bowling-to-become-batting-all-rounder-331677

The guy doesnt even bowl in nets. There is no set rule that he has to follow like dravid, sehwag, gilly, gavaskar  they all had their game n they all knew how to get runs. Till the time he works out how to get his runs he wont be successfull

Yes he should go to county but how, team mngmt has to drop him. A lazy sehwag improved when he was dropped by chappell and so did Zaheer . Thats where mngmt and captains have spoilt him. Giving someone confidence is good but putting him in a comfort zone is diff. 

He doesnt have to put dravid in his game he has to find his own way. When u play high risk game u will gift wkts some day but then there are days when u shud do well and win games. Unfortunately he cant do either.