Ranji Trophy 2016/17

Bleed-Blue

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

and probably for the first time, Rishabh Pant is batting at less than 50 strike rate. He has a tough job tomorrow. Delhi needing 174, 4 wickets already lost. I think GG and Dhawan are only hurting Delhi by keep playing. Youngsters likes of Himmat and Dhruv Shorey would not have done worse than them.

if he gets 100 and wins it tomorrow...nothing like it
he is bound to debue for india either in odi or t20 series vs eng

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

and probably for the first time, Rishabh Pant is batting at less than 50 strike rate. He has a tough job tomorrow. Delhi needing 174, 4 wickets already lost. I think GG and Dhawan are only hurting Delhi by keep playing. Youngsters likes of Himmat and Dhruv Shorey would not have done worse than them.

Nitish Rana has also been dissappointing

4 minutes ago, Bleed-Blue said:

Nitish Rana has also been dissappointing

yeah this season he could not kick on. actually if you exclude Pant, none of the Delhi batsman average more than 43. Milind kumar averages 43, 2nd highest run getter with less than half the runs of Pant. This is the biggest reason why Pant has been so impressive. Nitish Rana has one 100, not 50 this season. but he is still someone to keep an eye on. He has the game to do well in all formats. 

Edited by rkt.india
3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

No, but add at least 2 years in most cases.

2 years is still ok....he would still be just 28.  I hope it is not more.

His  original coach says that he saw a 15 year old Shami bowl for the first time in 2005...but his statement may not be absolutely authentic.

I don't think he played any U19  ( that would have made it easier to determine his rough age )  and was chosen for the Bengal  U22 team around 2007 or 2008.

26 minutes ago, express bowling said:

2 years is still ok....he would still be just 28.  I hope it is not more.

His  original coach says that he saw a 15 year old Shami bowl for the first time in 2005...but his statement may not be absolutely authentic.

I don't think he played any U19  ( that would have made it easier to determine his rough age )  and was chosen for the Bengal  U22 team around 2007 or 2008.

I maybe wrong but I feel Shami is in his early 30s.

15 minutes ago, fineleg said:

Lets assume early 30s and he has couple years more in Intl cricket before his body breaks down.

So, let's find others quickly. Shami is CERTAINLY not 20s, he is early 30s.

Nowadays, pacers are bowling quick till 35, unless they have had  long careers before that, like Anderson.

Shami has played only 22 tests, 47 ODIs and 18 other FC matches....so hasn't played much.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

He does look like that....I am just hoping that he is one of those older looking guys.       :p:

The fact that he has added  a bit of pace in 2016  gives further hope....is it possible for a 31 year old to actually add pace  ?

Shami is looking a lot more fitter these days and the shorter strides in his run-up has resulted in a much smoother action and increase in pace. Hope he continues to bowl this way for 3 more years atleast.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

He does look like that....I am just hoping that he is one of those older looking guys.       :p:

The fact that he has added  a bit of pace in 2016  gives further hope....is it possible for a 31 year old to actually add pace  ?

I do think that he is in the early 30s. In terms of pace, I think that Wahab went from being fast-medium to fast quite late in his life, but his pace is erratic... sometimes low 130s, sometimes high 140s.