ICC trying to cut the hand that is feeding them: BCCI

10 minutes ago, Shamim.Miah said:

This guy is speaking sense. Indian fans are just upset that they don't have an Indian on ICC board level that is biasedly supporting them irrespective of fairness.

We are upset because we know him for the snake he is. We know how capable he is of going against our interest.If he was not being biased ,he would not be part of the selective  loot that BCCi is protesting against.He is biased.......against Indian interest.

"Today I'm unconnected with any particular member of the ICC," he said. "I'm the independent ICC chairman, so I have to look at the best interests of the ICC. It's for the BCCI representative to look after the best interests of the BCCI."

When asked if the BCCI's views did not deserve special attention at the ICC level given it is the biggest contributor to world cricket financially, Manohar said: "I don't agree with this. Then, why the same logic shouldn't apply to the BCCI? There are 30 state associations [in India], why shouldn't somebody have a veto power? For example, Mumbai generates the highest revenue but does that mean that they should have a veto power on the BCCI decisions? Institutions function in a democratic manner and decisions are taken by the majority."

This guy is speaking sense. Indian fans are just upset that they don't have an Indian on ICC board level that is biasedly supporting them irrespective of fairness. From some of the post above, I get the vibe that you guy's aren't happy with the independence thing, rather it should be an Indian running the show, without being independent and mostly looking after the interest of india.. goodness.. me..

Just answer me this.

The budget for the CT to be held in England is allotted by the Financial committee headed by former ECB president Giles Clarke .

Is this Conflict of interest or not ?

Which other sports allows this ?

20 minutes ago, beautifulgame said:

Just answer me this.

The budget for the CT to be held in England is allotted by the Financial committee headed by former ECB president Giles Clarke .

Is this Conflict or interest or not ?

@Shamim Miah, so this is acceptable and very FAIR right?

I am sure you won't complain even if the receiving board in this case was Bangladesh. Right? 

Edited by Adi_91
22 minutes ago, beautifulgame said:

Just answer me this.

Is this Conflict or interest or not ?

Of course it is. I did mention ICC is fundamentally flawed.

People like Srini being appointed as ICC chairman is enough to know how well run ICC has been run.

If you go by the logic, than you would find many corrupted, self interest related accusation etc when srini was chairman.

You would see what sort of appointments was made and also question like how you are questioning now.

ICC needs a overall change and step by step they need to reform and become a independent board.

Edited by Shamim.Miah
1 minute ago, Shamim.Miah said:

People like Srini being appointed as ICC chairman is enough to know how well run ICC has been run.

If you go by the logic, than you would find many corrupted, self interest related accusation etc when srini was chairman.

You would see what sort of appointments was made and also question like how you are questioning now.

ICC needs a overall change and set by set they need to reform and become a independent board.

If you agree that it is conflict of interest, what is wrong if Indian fans protest against BCCI being given a small amount?

ICC needs a overall change and set by set they need to reform and become a independent board.

So why isn't Manohar rising voice against that if it about prioritizing the rights of ICC?

If it is conflict of interest can u list what steps ICC president taken to stop this blatant corruption ?

12 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

If you agree that it is conflict of interest, what is wrong if Indian fans protest against BCCI being given a small amount?

Because here Manohar is trying to do something no one has tried before. He is the first Independent Chairman and hasn't been in that position for long time. He needs time and support. Not BCCI barking at him for not listening to them or following their orders like Srini used to do, srini was working more for the Indian interest than ICC interest in protecting and globalising cricket. Give him time and soon he will get to the route of this complex and technical issue. There are so many things with ICC that I personally don't agree with and needs fundamental change. Here you have a guy who has taken those initially small steps in doing something good.

Indian fans have the right to have an opinion, but when a guy is trying to do something good, and when his not listening to the indian way, his being labelled as against BCCI etc?? just because he doesn't fall for the threat BCCI makes of pulling out? doing this and that? just because you contribute more than others you have the legal right to force your decision on ICC??? and disregard the other countries? all other countries should follow how and what BCCI wants? This could have been avoided by ICC. ICC is in a total mess and when things become more Independent, than this kind of threats from any countries won't be exercised. Probably ICC needs an investigation like FIFA, to clean everything.

I just feel sooner or later Manohar will/might be taken over by BCCI soon, I hope I am wrong.

Edited by Shamim.Miah
1 minute ago, Shamim.Miah said:

Because here Manohar is trying to do something no one has tried before. He is the first Independent Chairman and hasn't been in that position for long time. He needs time and support. Not BCCI barking at him for not listening to them or following their orders like Srini used to do, srini was working more for the Indian interest than ICC interest in protecting and globalising cricket. Give him time and soon he will get to the route of this complex and technical issue. There are so many things with ICC that I personally don't agree with and needs fundamental change. Here you have a guy who has taken those initially small steps in doing something good.

He is a cheat himself. All these BCCI clowns came shouting after the ouster of N Srinivasan. He is no big saint. The only capable mass leader from BCCI to ICC was the late Jagmohan Dalmiya who brought cricket to your country, financed more money to Bangladesh cricket. 

2 minutes ago, Shamim.Miah said:

And just because he dissolved the idea of 'Big 3', he is suddenly a saint for you guys? I bet cricket in your country will not improve just by BCCI being cut money. In fact, you should listen to BCCI President, Anurag Thakur speaking about how they have ensured the welfare of the game in your country.

ICC needs a overall change and step by step they need to reform and become a independent board.

It doesn't what happened when Srini was president He has been removed and BCCI is being reformed .

But who is reforming ICC?

BCCI for once is pointing out the blatant corruption happening in ICC and all the ICC president is trying is to play the victim card and saying his priority is ICC instead of addressing it .

How exactly does this make Manohar view fair ?

BCCI job is ensuring the Indian interests are secured .It doesn't matter if they assert themost to ensure they get what we feel is correct .

But how does that stop the ICC president from addressing this blatant corruption.All he is doing is diverting the issue by blaming BCCI instead of addressing the allegations of corruption and conflict of interest if his real priority is ICC ?

And more importantly what has actually BCB contributed to ICC .Have they even raised any of these issues ever ?

6 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

And just because he dissolved the idea of 'Big 3', he is suddenly a saint for you guys? I bet cricket in your country will not improve just by BCCI being cut money. In fact, you should listen to BCCI President, Anurag Thakur speaking about how they have ensured the welfare of the game in your country.

It is not about my country or your country. I just want a clean ICC board that looks after cricket.

Not personal interest of certain countries, just because they come from there or have close relations, or feel forced.

We need ICC to be clean and free from this kind of threats. It will take time, not sure if that would be possible.

Unless we have a FIFA like mass investigation.

5 minutes ago, Shamim.Miah said:

It is not about my country or your country. I just want a clean ICC board that looks after cricket.

Not personal interest of certain countries, just because they come from there or have close relations, or feel forced.

We need ICC to be clean and free from this kind of threats. It will take time, not sure if that would be possible.

Unless we have a FIFA like mass investigation.

And Manohar isn't the right guy to do all that you want,

actually India have the legal right to pull out of any tournament they see fit. While I was against the big 3 move, its clear the BCCI needs to be getting a much bigger chunk of the ICC tournament cash revenues.

There are plenty of flaws with the BCCI. But that does not give anybody be it Manohar or anybody else the right to divert India's income to that extent. 70% of the revenue is generated by India. That figure is going to drastically rise as the Indian GDP increases. India is predicted to be a 3 trillion economy by 2020. So atleast BCCI should get back 40% of net revenues generated by the ICC. 

How is it fair that New zealand a country is 4-5 million gets nearly the same returns as India a country of 1.3 billion? Especially when the 1.3 billion is generating most of the money. While I understand that certain good will is needed to sustain the game globally. It cant be that BCCI gets Rs10 for every Rs100 it generates. Need a much fair distribution. It should be India needs to get about Rs 50 of Rs 100 it generates.

The remaining Rs50 can be spread about to keep the global game healthy.

7 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Manohar is playing to the galleries and Pakistani bdeshis etc are lapping it up.The guy is extremely cunning.

The guy is extremely cunning because his not listening to BCCI? I guess you guys would welcome back srini with open hands;)

Just goes to show, even some indian fans... don't really care as long as indian achieves what they want.. by anyhow*...hint hint.

Just now, Shamim.Miah said:

The guy is extremely cunning because his not listening to BCCI? I guess you guys would welcome back srini with open hands;)

Just goes to show, even some indian fans... don't really care as long as indian achieves what they want.. by anyhow*...hint hint.

What exactly did Srini do harm to your board?

Just now, Adi_91 said:

What exactly did Srini do harm to your board?

If you considered srini as independent, free of corruption. Than I give up.

Not interested to talk anymore. Srini looks like a real hero to you guys hahahahaha..

Have you seen what the world thinks of him, the cricket world? corrupt? his like a legend for you guys.

Jarrod Kimbers outburst recently was precise: (https://twitter.com/ajarrodkimber)

"It looks like instead (BCCI Pres- Thakur) is going to be another joker who gets in the way of our game, and looks after himself.

"You don't want to be Lord Hawke or Srini. Once you do your good work, you’ll be remembered forever, go be a real politican"

Just now, Shamim.Miah said:

Not interested to talk anymore. Srini looks like a real hero to you guys hahahahaha..

Have you seen what the world thinks of him, the cricket world? corrupt? his like a legend for you guys.

Jarrod Kimbers outburst recently was precise: (https://twitter.com/ajarrodkimber)

"It looks like instead (BCCI Pres- Thakur) is going to be another joker who gets in the way of our game, and looks after himself.

"You don't want to be Lord Hawke or Srini. Once you do your good work, you’ll be remembered forever, go be a real politican"

Tbh, there is no record of corruption against him. Yss, conflict of interest when it came to IPL franchise, but nothing on a global scale.

He is a sound administrator. His TNPL is way way better in quality than your Bangladesh Premier League. That is the reason people respect him. 

I don't think the world thinks of him being corrupt. We don't give a damn about Jarrod thinks. India is a cricket powerhouse and we believe we need the lion's share of the cricketing revenue, like it or not.

"Today I'm unconnected with any particular member of the ICC," he said. "I'm the independent ICC chairman, so I have to look at the best interests of the ICC. It's for the BCCI representative to look after the best interests of the BCCI."

When asked if the BCCI's views did not deserve special attention at the ICC level given it is the biggest contributor to world cricket financially, Manohar said: "I don't agree with this. Then, why the same logic shouldn't apply to the BCCI? There are 30 state associations [in India], why shouldn't somebody have a veto power? For example, Mumbai generates the highest revenue but does that mean that they should have a veto power on the BCCI decisions? Institutions function in a democratic manner and decisions are taken by the majority."

This guy is speaking sense. Indian fans are just upset that they don't have an Indian on ICC board level that is biasedly supporting them irrespective of fairness. From some of the post above, I get the vibe that you guy's aren't happy with the independence thing, rather it should be an Indian running the show, without being independent and mostly looking after the interest of india.. goodness.. me..

Mumbai doesn't generate any revenue for the BCCI. BCCI allows local cricket associations to keep money from ticket sales.

BCCI gets most of its revenue from TV rights. TV channels don't pay more money if the match is held in Mumbai. This claim by Manohar about Mumbai generating the most revenue is a dumb defensive lie.

It is not undemocratic to ask for a fairer share of revenue. If you think about it, it is actually a radically communist idea to split the shares and not acknowledge the major contributions from one of the parties. That's not how capitalism works. This guy Shashank is clutching at straws here.

Can u quote me where Jarrod Kimber has mentioned the corruption and conflict of Interest England and ICC are indulging in with the CT ?

Or is it not corruption when ECB does it ?

Yeah another Aussie/English journo who is pissed off BCCI is looking after the interest of its country instead of bowing to ECB and CA